~ Chapter Twenty-Three ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

 

“Why? Sung Im ah… Why?” Suk Jin sobbed uncontrollably while Jae Suk was also in a crying mess.


“Appas…” Sung Im attempted a weak smile at soothing her miserable fathers. “Both of you are not named as the best detective for nothing. You’ve already predicted what I will be doing, right? And… And so both of you should understand I do this to maintain the stability of the universe. It’s just that… It’s just that during this process, sacrifices must be made.”


“But why…? Why must it be you? You are not in the wrong! It’s just that you are being born to a much more complicated family!” Jae Suk tried to reason.


“And that is the exact reason why I’m the one to be sacrificed.” Sung Im answered calmly. But the crowd’s response was totally opposite of hers. They did not understand her meaning of sacrifices.


“Alright, appas, let me finish the last part of the spell…” Sung Im pleaded softly and hugged her fathers for the last time before pushing them off the stage. “Thank you for your love and support all these years. It was the happiest period of my life!”


The invisible barrier was once again restored. Sung Im sat beside the unconscious Jong Kook and began the last part of the spell – to inject false memory.


“Kim Jong Kook.” Sung Im recited as if she had perfectly memorised her speech.

“A boy who was dearly loved by the late Royal King and Queen as he was the only son. But everything changed upon the moment he befriended Cheon Sung Im, the daughter of the one of the royal maiden and the Second Demon Prince, at his seventh birthday.

He did not know that the crafty girl was not as innocent as she might have been. Sung Im was in cahoots with the Demon King for plotting the deaths of his parents over years. But the Royal King and Queen had seen through Sung Im’s trick. That was why they sent Jong Kook to the alternate universe to escape the demon’s clutches. Jong Kook is due to return by his twentieth birthday to claim back his throne.

Meanwhile, the kingdom was under attack by the Demon King. Sung Im managed to kill the Royal Queen while the Demon King finished off the Royal King. Sung Im was then sent on a mission to the alternate universe to locate the missing Royal Prince so as to prevent him from succeeding the throne. For years, Sung Im had a tough time searching for Kim Jong Kook. It was close to the due time when Sung Im finally managed to find him and got closer to him. However, mission failed as Jong Kook discovered her identity.

The two of them broke into a fight and teleported back here. The Demon King and Sung Im were supposed to cooperate together to eliminate Jong Kook. But due to their own selfish ambition, a fight broke internally and left the Demon King dead. Sung Im proceeded to seize the authority and crowned as the new leader of the demon reign.

At last, it was time for Kim Jong Kook and Cheon Sung Im to battle to see who will be the ultimate leader of the universe.”


The crowd was speechless at the story ridiculously weaved by Sung Im. At long last, they finally understood Sung Im’s intention – To become the leader of the demon reign and to be killed by the new Royal King.


Kim Jong Kook was powerless with his unknown powers locked up and hence he did not have the ability to defend for himself if he was to be attack by the Demon King. Thus, Sung Im had to work hard to defeat the Demon King and in turn she would succeed the demon throne. By replacing the sweet memories by those falsely created ones, Jong Kook would not hesitate in killing Sung Im to avenge his parents. They were sure that Sung Im would deliberately weakly fight back. Therefore, in the end, there would be only one leader leading the entire universe and the whole demon troops would be wiped out.


But the problem was – How to unleash Jong Kook’s power?


Sung Im smiled as she knew what they were thinking. She unclasped the necklace from her neck and transferred to Jong Kook. Everyone was curious of the mysterious necklace as it started to do its wonder. Energy aura was emitted from the accessory which was absorbed by the unconscious Royal King. It seemed that Jong Kook’s power was deliberately locked in the necklace by someone.


Suk Jin and Jae Suk knew Sung Im was not the one who did it. There must be another person involved. The three buddies also shared the same thought with Joong Ki but they could not figure out the mysterious person. The remainder of the citizens realised that as well and tried to rack their brain and thought of any suitable candidates who possessed such high power.


However, all their thinking processes were interrupted when the energy transfer had completed. Sung Im stood up and moved further away with her sword drawn and pointing towards Jong Kook.


Within seconds, Jong Kook was back to his feet. Everyone was frightened of his cold menacing stare affixed on Sung Im.


It happened fast. It was so fast that no one could see the process. They only managed to see the end result – Sung Im’s sword was driven into her heart by Jong Kook.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Afternoon, everyone!
I'm sorry to come back with a short update as I'm busy on most of my weekends >__<

And I apologise again for another sudden twist >__<

Thank you, all my new readers & subscribers! *shake hand*
As usual, please leave down your comment & guesses if any ^_^