~ Chapter Eighteen ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

Jong Kook received a jolt of shock when his warm lips touched Ji Hyo’s abnormally cold lips. Thinking that she might have caught a cold, Jong Kook placed his palm on Ji Hyo’s forehead and was extremely worried when the icy coolness seeped through his hand.


“Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo… Wake up, please wake up…” Jong Kook anxiously patted Ji Hyo’s cold cheeks and was glad to know that the unconscious girl was still breathing but she did not respond to Jong Kook’s calling.


Totally helpless in the situation as Ji Hyo did not seem to be having a fever but was down with unknown illness, he tried to get up for help. Jong Kook had just risen up from the bed when Ji Hyo gently gripped his right hand. “Don’t worry too much, oppa… Let me sleep some more… Maybe… Maybe you can get me a cup of warm chocolate…?”


Ji Hyo’s weak voice startled Jong Kook. Never had he seen his strong girl so weak and vulnerable before and he was awfully worried. He was about to reply when he saw Ji Hyo’s pleading eyes. Immediately, Jong Kook understood her meaning and gave a short nod. Ji Hyo smiled gratefully and got back to sleep.


Jong Kook pulled the thick blanket high up to Ji Hyo’s chin and went to close the windows. He stood by the bedside and looked intently at his baby gal before retreating out of the room in defeat.


Jong Kook went to the kitchen to make a cup of warm chocolate for Ji Hyo but he was so distracted in his thoughts that he scalded his left hand. Suk Jin and Jae Suk quickly entered the kitchen upon hearing Jong Kook’s yelp of pain.


“What happened? Aish… Jong Kook ah, how can you be so careless?” Suk Jin sighed but the young man did not answer and had his head bowed.


Grasping the odd atmosphere, Jae Suk softly inquired. “… Ji Hyo… She’s not feeling well?”


Upon hearing Ji Hyo’s name, Jong Kook’s head shot up abruptly, his eyes questioning. “How did you kn--”


Realising his slip, Jong Kook silenced. He cleared his throat and apologised. “Sorry, I was not supposed to inform you as Ji Hyo---”


“---Pleaded you.” Suk Jin finished the sentence for him and this made Jong Kook even more curious. “It is okay, Jong Kook ah, both of us know.” Suk Jin patted encouragingly on Jong Kook’s shoulder.


The two fathers led Jong Kook to the dining room where the three men sat down to talk. Jae Suk cast a glance towards Ji Hyo’s room before beginning. “Jong Kook ah, did you feel anything abnormal last night?”


Retracing back, Jong Kook thought of the invisible cloak incident and related the occurrence to them. While he said his piece, Suk Jin and Jae Suk nodded their heads understandingly and seemed to have experienced before.


Jong Kook looked inquiringly at the two fathers when he finished recounting, determined to know the link of this unrelated incident to Ji Hyo being unwell.


“Sigh… It had happened again… Somehow I think it’s draining Ji Hyo too much…” Suk Jin mumbled softly. Jong Kook looked confusedly at Jae Suk, urging him to explain.


“Jong Kook ah, this might be difficult for you to comprehend but all you need to know is that Ji Hyo did not do anything harmful to you as we had also experienced the same. In short, we know that she’s trying to protect us in her own way. We do not know of the exact purpose and the actual method as we never question her. All we know is that energy seemed to drain from her after each occurrence. Just give her some time… Ji Hyo will explain everything once she feels she is ready. Remember, always believe in her and never doubt her.” Jae Suk said sincerely, hoping that Jong Kook would not abandon Ji Hyo as though she was a freak.


“Suk Jin appa, Jae Suk appa… The reason why I can bring myself to address both of you as my fathers is because I love Ji Hyo and will marry her one day. Hence, of course, I’ll believe in her. It’s… It’s just that it pained me so much to see her so fragile…” Jong Kook replied, trying hard not to sob.


Suk Jin and Jae Suk looked contentedly at each other as they knew they were right in putting Ji Hyo’s hand and her future in Jong Kook’s.

 

---

 

 

“Should I be happy or should I be sad?” Dong Hoon asked as he glanced through the portfolios of the ‘rightful heirs’. Gary and Kwang Soo looked at each other and sighed deeply.


Joong Ki was not the wisest adviser of the kingdom for nothing. Within hours, he had managed to obtain background information of all the ‘Kims’. And the result showed them as REAL IMPOSTERS.


The trio was glad that they were finally able to chase those irritating pests off but they had another headache as the rightful heir remained as a mystery.


Dong Hoon, Gary and Kwang Soo sat miserably at the garden, looking up to the clear sky as if to seek answer or help from the angels above.


“It’s okay! We must continue to believe! Miracle will happen and the rightful heir will reveal himself soon!” Kwang Soo made a ‘fighting’ sign and cheered his friends. They were grinning at each other when their smiles dropped.


“Hi everyone, I’m Kim Taeyeon! I’m the Royal Princess of the universe!” A cute girl bounced joyfully towards them. Following behind her was another girl wearing a y outfit. “Don’t listen to her. I’m Kim Hyuna, the real Royal Princess!”


“… Gosh! This is not happening again! For goodness sake!” Kwang Soo bellowed in frustration.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, couldn't stop myself from typing out a short chapter as I wanna update fast... >__<

Sorry again, but not making bad Ji Hyo appears, guess this is too unexpected, isn't it?

Will try to update more soon as I really hate to disappoint my readers and make you guys wait so long...

As usual, please comment and let me know how I fare! ^_~