~ Chapter Six ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

Ji Hyo’s first reaction when she recovered from the shock of seeing Kim Jong Kook was to run. Her mind endlessly reminded her to run, as far as possible, away from the young handsome man. She nearly stumbled on the ridiculously high heels but that did little in stopping her from dashing out of the shopping mall at top speed. Her years of training at the police academy were not wasted.


Suk Jin tilted his head at Jae Suk who immediately understood his intention. Jae Suk nodded in reply before running after their precious daughter. Both of them saw the complicated expression on Ji Hyo’s face and knew something had triggered her past memory again. Suk Jin smiled at the stunned salesgirl and gestured her to the cashier to pay for the dress and the pair of white heels. From the corner of his eyes, Suk Jin saw the young singer made a move but he was quick enough to block his way and was immediately given a questioning look.


“Kim Jong Kook-ssi?” Suk Jin softly inquired and the young man gave a short nod. His fatherly instinct told him that the fellow standing before him was somehow related to Ji Hyo, if not, had triggered her past which she didn’t want to talk about. Even though he was not sure whether the effect would turn out positive or negative, Suk Jin decided to stall the guy.


Suk Jin smiled and reasonably explained Ji Hyo’s weird reaction. “My daughter is a fan of you. I guess she must be too shock to see her favourite idol that she ran away. I hope you won’t mind her action.”


At his assuring words, Jong Kook’s tensed shoulders relaxed visibly. He unclenched his squared jaws and gave a sigh of relief. By the time he regained his composure and wanted to inquire more about the pretty girl, the girl’s father had already paid for the items and left the shop in a hurry.


Jong Kook stared at the exit and thought to himself. “It’s okay, since we met today, we must be fated. Fate will bring us together again soon…”

---

Ji Hyo took off the hindering heels and rushed into her room. She quickly changed into comfy clothes before diving straight into her bed and cuddle in the warm blanket. She knew it was trouble if she were to be within close proximity with the young singer. Ji Hyo shivered uncontrollably while she willed herself to calm down. At last, she broke into muffled sobs as she buried her face in the comforting blanket.


Jae Suk stood outside the closed door, listening to the soft sobs of Ji Hyo and felt so much pain in his chest. He dared not knocked on the door for fear of intruding her privacy but he felt the overwhelming need to protect his daughter. And hence he remained at the same position till Suk Jin arrived home fifteen minutes later. The two men glanced understandingly at each other and stood guarded outside Ji Hyo’s room.


Being highly alerted due to their police training, the two fathers knew Ji Hyo had fallen into a deep slumber. They quietly left and went to the kitchen to whip up dishes for dinner, preparing themselves to act as if nothing had happened in the afternoon.

---

Ji Hyo rubbed her red and puffy eyes and sat up in the ruffled bed. She took a glance at the wall clock and realised it was already six-thirty yet she didn’t prepare dinner for her loving fathers. She quickly climbed out of the bed and exited the bedroom.


A whiff of mouth-watering fragrance entered her nostrils when Ji Hyo opened the door. Hurriedly, she went into the kitchen and was right in time to see her two appas taking dishes to the dining room.


“Yo, sleepyheadl!” Suk Jin greeted Ji Hyo cheerfully. “It’s time for dinner! This time round, let appas show you what is restaurant-standard home-cooked food!”


Jae Suk impatiently ushered Ji Hyo to her seat and scooped up a spoonful of the baked rice. He blew the heat away slightly before placing the spoon in front of Ji Hyo. Arching his eyebrow, Jae Suk gestured for Ji Hyo to give the baked rice a try.


Though being touched by her appas sincere action, Ji Hyo decided to tease them. “Since when did I become a guinea pig for tasting food?” Nonetheless, Ji Hyo stuck her tongue at her dads before giving a try at the food.


“Mmmmm! It’s delicious!” Ji Hyo complimented sincerely, earning smug grins from her fathers.


“Haha! We told you so! We were on the way to obtain world-class chef before we decided to become officers instead. It’s such a waste to the F&B industry as they have lost two talents!” Suk Jin put both his hands on his waist, acting so arrogant that he earned a smack from his daughter.


“Ouch! Young lady, watch your strength! You’re not called the ‘Ace’ for nothing! Haha!” Suk Jin rubbed his uninjured elbow pretentiously.


But Ji Hyo surprised them with her next move. She stood up and hugged them, savouring the comfy warmth and protective aura emitted by Suk Jin and Jae Suk. She decided it was time. It was the time to reveal her real identity.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! ^_^
Sorry that there isn't much interaction between KJK & SJH... >__<
Ji Hyo needs time to face Jong Kook and well, I'll be updating another chapter tomorrow... ^_~
Some other characters will appear on the next chappie, so see you! Enjoy your weekends, my dear readers!