~ Chapter Twenty-Seven ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

 

“Ya! Kim Jong Kook!” Sung Im glared red-face at the culprit. “Can I have some privacy?”


“Nope.” Jong Kook answered and shook his head. He grinned cheekily and continued staring at his beautiful fiancée. “I can’t help it. It’s your fault for being too gorgeous!”


“Aish…! Stop staring at me and put your muscles to good use!” Sung Im sighed and tried to help her fathers to move their belongings into their house even though they insisted they could manage on their own. Suk Jin and Jae Suk had decided to stay with Sung Im and Jong Kook as they loved their adopted daughter too much to part with her.


“Yes, madam!” Jong Kook saluted Sung Im who naively thought that the muscular guy finally chipped in to help. But Jong Kook’s intention was far from what Sung Im had expected. Jong Kook squatted a little and easily scooped Sung Im into his arms. He carried her bridal style and danced around in the house.


“Ya! Kim Jong Kook!” Sung Im shouted.


“Yes, Kim Sung Im? I’m putting my muscles to good use!” Jong Kook merrily replied, still swirling his girl around.


“Let me down now! If not, say your last words to your precious hair!” Sung Im threatened, making the others laughed at the pathetic plight of their Royal King. Jong Kook was pouting adorably at Sung Im who merely instructed him to do the chores as if he was a servant instead of the almighty king.


Gary, Dong Hoon and Kwang Soo were once again friends with the bickering couple. The trio looked suggestively at Joong Ki who had also joined their gang. The four of them went through thick and thin for the past ten years and their friendship was strong and steady. They winked at each other for they knew the perfect wedding gift to buy for the royal couple.

 

---

 

Finally, the long-awaited day had arrived – the wedding of the new Royal King and Queen.


All the citizens gathered at the city central to grace the grand event and gave their blessing to the new royal couple. The ex-royal couple was given special permission to view the occasion from the sky.


It was almost time for the ceremony to start. Jong Kook was about to permit the beginning of the ceremony when a young girl ran frantically from afar and shouted.


“My Royal King!” The girl called out. She was breathless from all the running but nonetheless, she steadied her breath and continued to speak. “I’m sorry, my Royal King! My Royal Queen had gone missing!”


The crowd was gasping with shock at the news and they looked nervously at their Royal King’s reaction which seemed too calm and… He was grinning?


“Sigh… Sung Im is putting on her last fight. She’s doing her last struggle of rejecting the marriage.” Jong Kook shrugged nonchalantly even though he was grinning. He patted the young girl’s head and comforted her. “It’s ok, little girl. I know where to find the Royal Queen.”


“My people, I apologise for the wait.” Jong Kook addressed the crowd with a mischievous wink. “I bet Sung Im is doing her last research at the Grand Library again, still hoping to undo the process and run far away from me… Alright, kindly wait here while I arrest the ‘runaway bride’. Do not need to worry too much.”


“My dear Sung Im, here I come!” Jong Kook said in his sing-song voice and walked off the stage to fetch his bride personally.


And as expected, Sung Im was in the Grand Library. She had already worn the wedding gown but honestly she did not look like a typical bride waiting anxiously for the holy ceremony to start. Strands of loose hair managed to free themselves from the beautifully bounded hairstyle as their owner was tugging them in frustration due to limited time. But they did little to hinder her beauty; instead it enhanced her angelic feature even more.


Sung Im’s table was stacked with various books on uplifting of charms and curses as she tried desperately to search for the solution. She was so engrossed in studying a thick book that she did not notice her future husband was squatting beside her. Jong Kook grinned devilishly before startling Sung Im by carrying her bridal style out of the chair and marched out of the library.


“Ya! Kim Jong Kook! Put me down!” Sung Im demanded while she wriggled frantically in Jong Kook’s arms.


“Cheon Sung Im aka the ‘runaway bride’; you are currently arrested for defying the Royal King’s order!” Ignoring Sung Im’s protest, Jong Kook read out her offence and carried his future wife towards the city central. “And you shall be sentenced to ‘life imprisonment’ with the Royal King which is me! Hahaha!”


The crowd cheered loudly at the unique arrival of their new Royal King and Queen. Sung Im’s face was deeply flushed red with embarrassment that she was being carried by Jong Kook. Hence, she struggled to land her feet on the pavement. But of course, Jong Kook was strong enough to overpower her and carried her up to the stage despite her vigorous struggling.


Finally, after going through so many obstacles, the couple stood in front (eh… Sung Im in Jong Kook’s arms ^_~) of the citizens and prepared to make their vows.


“I, Kim Jong Kook loved, still love and will continue to love Cheon Sung Im. I swear to the heaven above, to my pair of doting parents, to Sung Im’s biological parents, to Sung Im’s appas and to all my citizens that I will not forsake her whether in suffering or illness. Together, we will walk the path of life hand in hand and bravely face the obstacles if any. We will share happiness and joy, enjoying blissful moment in each other embrace. We will do our utmost best in leading the universe, ensuring that its stability is not disrupted. Our people will continue to live in peace and harmony. Security will always be enforced and the universe will prosper and benefit our people. And of course, the most important task – I will ensure another batch of successors to be produced soon!”


Sung Im listened attentively to Jong Kook’s romantic and confident speech which truly touched her. But her ears perked up at the mention of producing successors. She was about to retort in fury when she caught sight of her fathers’ signal for her to relax and think of the supposedly solemn ceremony.


Having no choice, Sung Im suppressed her anger and forced a smile. Jong Kook knew his wife was boiling with rage but she could not retaliate because the ongoing ceremony was viewed by their parents and thousands of citizens. Using this as his protective shield, Jong Kook managed to steal a kiss before putting his bride down and urged Sung Im to say her vow too.


Sung Im closed her eyes briefly and took a deep breath to fight down the urge of tugging Jong Kook’s precious hair. Opening her eyes, she leaned towards the microphone. Moments passed but Sung Im had yet to utter a single word.


Jong Kook turned to look at Sung Im and was not surprised to see her shedding tears of gratitude and happiness. He knew that the route to today’s event was not an easy one. It was a tough path filled with unwanted difficulties and challenges. He was glad that his citizens were understanding people and were willing to embrace Sung Im with confidence and trust.


Jong Kook stepped closer to Sung Im and hugged her. Using his right thumb, he wiped off the tear from her face. Fortunately, the light make-up was not smudged. He smiled and nodded at Sung Im, giving her mental support for her to begin her speech.


Sung Im held on tightly to Jong Kook’s hand before having the courage to say her vow.


“I, Cheon Sung Im, is fortunate to be loved by so many people. Thank you, my parents who I never get to call you ‘father’ and ‘mother’, for insisting to deliver me to this world. Thank you, my Royal King and Queen, for doting on me like a real daughter. Thank you for putting your trust in me by entrusting such an important mission – to protect the then Royal Prince. Thank you, Suk Jin appa and Jae Suk appa, for providing so much love and warmth to me even though you knew of my identity and my past. Both of you did not doubt me and continued to shower me with love and concern. Thank you, my fellow citizens for believing and accepting me. I’ll assure that I will never let your hopes down. Lastly, I would like to thank the most significant person whereby my life has always been evolving around him – Kim Jong Kook. Thank you for loving me when we were just kids. Thank you for loving me when you were a famous idol in alternate universe. Thank you for all the support and love for me to strive through all these hurdles. I have nothing to return except to love you with my life. No matter sweet or bitter, I will walk through with you. I swear to the heaven above, to the Royal King and Queen, to my biological parents, to Suk Jin appa and Jae Suk appa, to all the citizens that I’ll forever remain a faithful citizen of the universe and strives to protect it with my life.”


The crowd applauded at their new Royal King and Queen vows as the priest announced them officially as husband and wife.


“Sung Im ya…” Jong Kook cupped his official wife’s face and said. “Actually, you can return me with a very good present! Have I ever mentioned that I love kids regardless of boys or girls? Hope our boys would be as handsome as me and our girls are as pretty as you. I intend to make a soccer team with them and I’ll be the coach!”


Sung Im’s eyes widened incredibly at her husband’s request. She was about to reply when her lips was sealed with a kiss by Jong Kook. Once again, applause sounded loudly.


“Alright, it’s confirmed, chopped and signed! No turning back now, Kim Sung Im. The agreement is sealed with a kiss!” Jong Kook grinned and smirked playfully.


“Kim Jong Kook!” Sung Im yelled. “How do you expect me to give birth to so many babies?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there, everyone! I'm very sorry for the extremely long wait! As informed, I was watching Ji Hyo's drama and was too absorbed in the storyline... >__<

But as promise, a cutie and lighter tone of chapter is up! And I assure all of you that the next one will be a cheeky & hilarious one! But... Please allow me some time, okie? ^_~

Thanks to those who had commented. Your lovely comments served as my motivation to continue writing!
The story will be coming to an end soon after Spartace wedding and birth of the 'successors'... And yes, I've finally thought of the names as I was inspired by some of your suggestion!

I've enjoyed writing in aff and I'm glad that the response are well despite I'm just a rookie writer... *bow*

As usual, do leave down your compliment, comment or criticise... Even if you do not, I'm still grateful as you're already showing your support by reading.. Thank you, thank you so much! ^_^