~ Chapter Eight ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

The family of three settled harmoniously at the dining table, having their breakfast before reporting to work. It seemed that the family bond was tighter ever since Ji Hyo finally shared her secret with her two fathers. The last piece of thin wall separating them was finally broken. Both of them did not despise her nor shunned her, instead they still welcomed their pretty daughter into their protective embrace.


“Aish…! Good luck, Ji Hyo ya…” Jae Suk looked at his schedule and mysteriously greeted his puzzled daughter.


“Why, appa?” Confused of the sudden wishes, Ji Hyo looked doubtfully at Jae Suk.


Suk Jin leaned close to Jae Suk to take a look and immediately burst into laughter. “Oh yes, Ji Hyo, appa give you my best wishes too!”


Ji Hyo puffed her cheeks in annoyance when both her fathers grinned sneakily and wouldn’t reveal any information. Nonetheless, the trio left for work, chatting merrily along the way. It was only a twenty minutes walk to their workplace; hence the three of them opted to stroll in the breezy morning instead of driving.


At five metres away from the police station, Ji Hyo realised the importance of the wishes. She sincerely hoped that she could report sick but it was too late as the two guys waiting in front of the station had spotted her.


“Ji Hyo noona!” Yong Hwa and Nichkhun waved their hands cheerfully at their favourite senior; yet not forgetting to challenge each other with their determined eyes. The whole station knew that these two fellows were vying for the love of the Ace even though she had already openly hinted that she was not interested in younger guys.


“Oh crap!” Ji Hyo smacked her forehead in embarrassment. She had forgotten that the two admirers of her were on the same duty shift with her. She sighed and shook her head, already foreseeing that she won’t have any quiet moment for the day. These two young boys were extremely chatty and they loved fighting for attention from Ji Hyo.


“Ji Hyo noona! I’ve brought you ham and cheese sandwiches for your breakfast served with a cup of warm coffee filled with my never-ending love!” With a silly grin, Yong Hwa half-jogged and half-walked to the said red-faced girl.


“Idiot!” Nichkhun smacked the back of his rival’s head. “Ji Hyo noona must have taken her breakfast with Detective Ji and Detective Yoo at home before coming to work!” He rolled his eyes at the stupid guy before changing his expression to a ‘love-sick puppy’ face at Ji Hyo who shuddered involuntarily. “Noona, I’ve brought you a cup of Americano. No worries, it’s not cold yet as it is being warmed by my heart!”


“Oh gosh! Am I stuck with these two cranky guys for today?” Ji Hyo sighed exasperatedly. Her two loving fathers did not pity her and yet were trying not to laugh out loud while imitating vomiting gestures.  Ignoring the four men, Ji Hyo stomped her feet cutely and went into the police station.


“Ah…!” Yong Hwa nudged Nichkhun suddenly, earning a glare from the latter. “I know why Ji Hyo noona can’t choose between us! But it’s okay!” His words had completely puzzled the remaining three guys. Yong Hwa hurriedly entered the station after Ji Hyo and the rest followed suit.


“Noona~~~!” Ji Hyo closed her eyes and took in several deep breaths, trying to calm herself down and refrained from using her Taekwondo’s tactics at the handsome man who chirped merrily beside her. Once she thought that she can handle the situation, Ji Hyo opened her eyes and smiled to Yong Hwa. “What is it, dongsaeng ah?” JI Hyo deliberately emphasised on the term but unfortunately, it went unnoticed by the happy guy who was dazzled by her beautiful smile.


“I knew it!” Yong Hwa shouted without warning, jolting Ji Hyo and the others. “I always believe that Ji Hyo noona like me and Nichkhun!” Ji Hyo face-palmed and wondered how Yong Hwa derived with the analysis.


“Noona, I know it has been a burden for you to choose between me and Nichkhun but it is okay! We are fine if you decide to accept both of us!” Yong Hwa eagerly suggested. Nichkhun beamed happily at Ji Hyo too but then looked doubtfully at Yong Hwa. “How did you come up with the solution?”


“It’s easy!” Yong Hwa replied with a smug grin. “Ji Hyo noona’s surname is neither ‘Ji’ nor ‘Yoo’, thus ‘Song’ must be the surname of her umma! Detective Ji and Detective Yoo must have loved her so much that they are willing to raise the child together!”


Upon hearing Yong Hwa’s speech, Suk Jin choked on the sandwiches and Jae Suk ungraciously spewed out the coffee. But the two detectives did not forget to praise Yong Hwa for his awesome imagination.


Instead of being angry, Ji Hyo burst into laughters. Her sweet and melody laughter filled the entire office, making the two dongsaengs staring dreamily at her angel smile. “Good analysis, Yong Hwa... But it’s wrong and I won’t accept either or both two of you, okay?”


“It’s okay to deny it now, noona, as we know you might be shy…” Nichkhun replied while fishing out some pieces of paper from his jeans pocket. “Noona, are you interested in watching the concert of your favourite idol, Kim Jong Kook with me?”


At his invitation, Ji Hyo was quick to reject the offer but her appas just had to continue with the fun. “Well, actually, all three of us will be going tomorrow to see the concert. Why not you come together with Yong Hwa? The more, the merrier!” Suk Jin suggested, earning an icy glare from his beloved daughter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologise if I make Yong Hwa and Nickhun too child-like over here ('fanboying" over Ji Hyo)...
Hmm... I wonder will I be able to update tomorrow coz I might not have the time to type it out, hence the next update might be slightly delayed... T__T
As always, please let me know your thoughts on this story... ^_^ Thanks for reading..!