~ Chapter Eleven ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

The news of Kim Jong Kook discontinuing the contract shocked the entire entertainment industry. Before that, rumours had already been spreading around regarding the mystery of whether the popular singer would continue his contract with his current company as it was ending soon. Other companies were greedily eyeing the young man would join them instead. The deadline was actually coincidentally on the day of the concert. It was Kim Jong Kook’s first and considerably his last concert.


Jong Kook packed his little belongings and left the company dormitory. He had actually nowhere to go as he was an orphan. But he did not regret his decision as he had enough of the company ridiculously harsh policies. Recalling on how he terminated the contract brought a smile to his thin lips.

---

“That’s my answer.” Jong Kook replied defiantly to his manager with an underlying suppressed anger tone. He then switched to a bitter smile towards the awkward Ji Hyo. “I’m sorry, Ji Hyo-ssi, to let you encounter such situation. Would you and your family leave first?”


Ji Hyo could only nod as she was led out by Yong Hwa and Nichkhun. Suk Jin and Jae Suk exchanged knowing and supportive glances at Jong Kook before leaving the room.


“J-Jong Kook ah… Are you serious in terminating the contract with us?” Knowing that he had made a mistake by throwing tantrum at the exhausted singer, the manager tried to salvage the situation. He knew he would be slaughtered by the CEO if Jong Kook was to end his contract.


“Yes and it’s my final decision.” Jong Kook reaffirmed determinedly and left the room, leaving the dumbfounded manager dropping weakly to the floor.

---

Delighted at his new gained freedom, Jong Kook strolled leisurely down the busy streets. As he did not deliberately apply make-up to avoid people, it wasn’t long before they recognised the young ex-singer.


“Ah…! Kim Jong Kook!” Soon, the people crowded around him, greeting him and giving him some delicacies as his breakfast. Jong Kook smiled at the warm welcome received.


“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, are you here looking for Ji Hyo?” One ahjumma asked him with a sneaky smile. Jong Kook’s ear perked up at the mention of Ji Hyo’s name and the crowd giggled at the blushing man. He seriously didn’t know that Ji Hyo was just nearby. It must be fate who kept pulling them together.


“It’s ok, don’t be shy. We had read the newspaper and both of you were featured on the headline! The two of you make such a matching couple!” The ahjumma said and the crowd cheered.


Glad that he was able to receive such well blessing, Jong Kook smiled shyly again. The ahjumma and the people in the market were kind enough to provide information about Ji Hyo who was obviously the good girl that they all doted on. Soon, Jong Kook had grabbed hold onto every personal detail of Song Ji Hyo. Lastly, they told him that the Ace was on duty at the police station and they pointed him the way cheekily.


Ji Hyo was stationed at the front desk that day. She was busily typing away some documents when Jong Kook came into the station. However, Ji Hyo did not tear her eyes away from the screen. All she did was to ask, “Here for a report, sir? Please have a seat. I’ll attend to you shortly once I’m done with the previous report. I apologise for the wait.”


Jong Kook arched his eyebrows at the courteous manner of the policewoman, he merely grunted softly as a reply before continuing to stare at her perfect features.


Thank goodness Yong Hwa and Nichkhun had their day off and the station was relatively quiet without them around. Suk Jin and Jae Suk recognised the young man but they did not alert their daughter. They smiled at each other and resumed their work.


It wasn’t long before the alarms in Ji Hyo’s mind went off. She knew that the man was staring all the time at her but she was used to being stared at. Thus, she did not know what triggered the reaction. Ji Hyo turned to face the man and was surprised to see Jong Kook smiling at her.


“It sure takes you long enough, Song Ji Hyo-ssi.” Jong Kook grinned at the stunned girl before clearing his throat. “Ahem…! Ermm… I’m actually here to lodge a report.”


“Lodging a report?” Ji Hyo parroted, earning a chuckle from the young man. Blushing, she quickly regained her composure and opened a new file.


“Sir, may I have your name please?” Ji Hyo asked monotonously despite already knowing the person sitting in front of her.


“Kim Jong Kook.” Jong Kook answered with a smile, deciding to play along with the girl.


“May I have your residential address?” Ji Hyo continued to ask.


“Ah… That’s the purpose I’m here.” Jong Kook grinned and this finally had the effect of Ji Hyo turning around to face him. Ji Hyo’s puzzled and disbelief face made Jong Kook laughed heartily.


“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I can actually sue you for playing a fool of the police. Kindly be serious.” Ji Hyo’s professional cool tone did not scare off Jong Kook, instead, he was mesmerised by her.


“I’m not playing around, Ji Hyo ya...” Ji Hyo arched her eyebrow at the lack of formality used by Jong Kook who was trying to act pitiful. “I’m really homeless. If you had read the newspaper report, I’ve already terminated the contract with my company. And since I’m an orphan, I have nowhere to go...”


“Well, I am certain that the case does not fall into our area of expertise and hence we are unable to help you. Maybe I can find out the relevant organization that can assist you.” Though Ji Hyo really did sympathized with Jong Kook, she was indeed helpless on his situation.


Just as Ji Hyo was about to turn back to her computer, her right hand was gripped by Jong Kook. Surprised of their physical contact, Ji Hyo raised her eyes to meet Jong Kook’s playful eyes.


“Do you have any room for rental?” Jong Kook queried with a cheeky smile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Hi there, everyone! I'm back after being 'attacked' by migraine yesterday. I was so depressed that I couldn't log in and update this story... >__<
I apologise in advance if this chapter is not up to standard as I'm currently still quite dizzy and unwell...

On a side note, how do you want Ji Hyo to reply? ^_~