~ Chapter Fifteen ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

“Ji Hyo ya, go ahead and take a bath first while I prepare our dinner.” Jong Kook gently coaxed her as if she was a three year old child.


“You…? Are you sure you are capable of making a decent and edible dinner?” Ji Hyo never bothered to hide her doubts at the muscle man who had never made a meal for the six months he lived in her house. “Are you certain that you won’t burn my house down?”


“And don’t treat me like a kid!” Ji Hyo screamed and grabbed Jong Kook’s hair before retreating to her bedroom. Jong Kook yelped in pain but was not offended by her action. He was used to be grabbed by his hair every time she was angered. In fact, sometimes, he wondered how long would his hair last. He sincerely hoped that his hair would still be intact when he wore his wedding suits and looked dashing like a Prince Charming for his lovely Princess Ji Hyo.


“I’m sorry, madam. But your fathers had drilled that knowledge into my tiny-weeny brain… And I promise them that I’ll take care of all your needs and not let you get hurt. Hence, I must have the responsibility as a baby-sitter. No worries, I have world-class chef certification.” Jong Kook retorted, making Ji Hyo stamping her foot cutely and puffed in annoyance. She made a face at him and went into the room, slamming the door deliberately.


Jong Kook shook his head at the childish behaviour of Ji Hyo. At times, she could be so mature and sensible while sometimes, she would display the babyish traits of hers which Jong Kook found it adorable. He softly chuckled to himself before putting on the apron and prepared to impress Ji Hyo with the world-most sumptuous dinner ever.

 

---

 

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!


Ji Hyo was jerked awake by the urgent knockings on the bathroom door. She rubbed her eyes with her wrinkled fingers and came to the knowledge that she had fallen asleep in the bath tub. Glancing at her watch on the basin, Ji Hyo realised that she had slept for almost one hour. She shivered slightly as the water had already cooled.


“Ya! Ji Hyo ya, have you fallen asleep inside?! Are you alright?” Jong was bellowing anxiously on the other side of the door. “If you don’t reply me now, I would take it as you have knocked your head and slipped into---”


Jong Kook stopped his nagging in mid-sentence as he suddenly visualised the clumsy Ji Hyo slipping and knocked her head against the bath tub which caused her to lose consciousness and most possibly drown. One could not blame Jong Kook for his over-imaginative brain and the absurd appearance of the worst scenario in his mind. The always quick and impatient Ji Hyo took less than twenty minutes for her shower. Only when it came to sleeping, she would sleep like a log all the way to late afternoon if no one disturbed her. On duty-off morning, it was the most difficult task to wake her up.


And hence, in an act of panic, Jong Kook did not think twice and bumped his whole body weight against the bathroom door, successfully in damaging the locks and knocking the door wide open.


“Ji Hyo! Ji Hyo ya! Are you alright?” Jong Kook rushed into the silent bathroom. Separating him and her was a sheer translucent flowery curtain. Jong Kook could vaguely make out the contour of Ji Hyo who was sitting upright in the bath rub. Knowing that she was in sitting position made Jong Kook emitted a relieved sigh. At least it was better than finding her lying lifelessly in the bath tub. He would have difficulty notifying Suk Jin and Jae Suk. Moreover, he could not bear the thought of being separated from her.


Due to extreme shock, Ji Hyo did not utter any sound. It seemed that her brain had just short-circuited. Short moments passed and she could see Jong Kook fidgeting awkwardly behind the curtain.


“Ji Hyo? Ji Hyo ya? Erm… Are you alright?” Jong Kook prompted once again as the awkwardness hung heavily in the air. He wanted to leave the bathroom as soon as he realised his foolish action. However, he insisted in making sure that Ji Hyo was fine. But the uncooperative woman was not responding. Heaven knew how much he wanted to shake the unmoving girl back to her senses. In spite of this, Jong Kook knew it was modestly inappropriate.


AHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~!!!” Out of the sudden, Ji Hyo shouted loudly in shame and anger. “KIM JONG KOOK, ARE YOU COURTING DEATH?


Despite Ji Hyo’s sudden outburst which was certain to explode his eardrums, Jong Kook was relieved and decided to tease the embarrassed girl. “Ji Hyo ya, rest assured that I absolutely have no interest in peeking at your under-developed figure…!”


KIM JONG KOOK~~~~!!!” Ji Hyo yelled again, thrashing her arms wildly, making the water splashing around.


Not afraid of the fury lioness, Jong Kook chuckled and asked Ji Hyo to hurry up for her dinner. He retreated and left the bathroom, making a mental note to repair the severely damaged door later.


Jong Kook did not have to wait long before Ji Hyo came charging out. And once again, his precious hair was in her grip. It appeared that she had barely towel-dried herself before wearing the clothes quickly. Jong Kook subconsciously gulped when he saw Ji Hyo’s white t-shirt turning translucent. He admitted that it was an understatement earlier about her underdevelopment. Ji Hyo was at the stage of blossoming to a young lady and had a very shapely figure. It was too alluring and seductive that Jong Kook had to find something to divert himself with. And he did not know whether to be glad or depressed that the source of diversion came from his painful scalp.


“Ya! Song Ji Hyo! Ya! Let go of my hair! Ya!” Jong Kook yelled and tried to pull Ji Hyo’s hands away.


“No way, you big, bad, old lecher!” Ji Hyo continued gripping his hair tightly and swung to and fro. It seemed the furious girl had no intention of letting go.


“Okay, okay, I apologise! I’m sorry! Kim Jong Kook is sorry! Song Ji Hyo-ssi, please forgive me! Please… Please let go of my precious hair!” It was rare to see Jong Kook begging for mercy. But if he did not surrender, he would be bald by the time Ji Hyo’s anger subsided. “You wouldn’t want to have a bald husband, don’t you?” Jong Kook added silently.


“Fine! I shall forgive you but there will be no next time, is that clear, Kim Jong Kook-ssi?” Ji Hyo warned in a low yet threatening tone.


“I promise! I swear!” Jong Kook said hurriedly and rubbing his injured scalp. “Let’s go for dinner, shall we?” He attempted a weak smile and hoped Ji Hyo would not be mad at his prepared menu.

 

---

 

 

“Which part of me looks like an herbivore to you, Kim Jong Kook-ssi?” Ji Hyo asked in a surprisingly calm tone, alerting Jong Kook of the calmness before the raging storm. “Do I look like a rabbit, goat or cow, so much so that you decided to feed me with grass?”


Jong Kook gulped and tried to explain the huge bowl of salad with overflowing lettuce, carrot and other so-called grasses. “Ji Hyo ya, it’s a habit to eat healthily and have a balanced diet…”


Jong Kook’s sentence trailed off when he received a deathly glare from Ji Hyo but then he continued. “No worries, Ji Hyo ya, this is only the appetiser, there are more to come!” Being a gentleman, Jong Kook pulled the chair for Ji Hyo who sat down with a doubtful frown. Using the fork, she began stabbing the bowl of lettuce with reluctance and vengeance. Jong Kook bowed and proceeded to the kitchen to bring out the creamy mushroom soup and the main dish - steak. This had finally gotten Ji Hyo beaming with happiness.


Jong Kook cut a small piece and fed Ji Hyo with tender and love. Ji Hyo could not help but praised him for the superb culinary skill and divine taste. The chef for the night was overjoyed to receive compliment from her.


Dinner went on smoothly with Jong Kook and Ji Hyo chatting merrily. At the end of the meal, Ji Hyo volunteered to wash the plates as a compensation for the delicious meal. Jong Kook then stood beside her, drying the dishes. The harmonious duo looked so much like a just married couple.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone, here an update today, hope spartace moments are sweetie enough! ^_~
As usual, do comment! ^_^
Thank you! *bow*