~ Chapter Seventeen ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

Cool wind blew into the room, gently rousing Jong Kook from his slumber. It was drizzling on a Saturday morning. The windows were not closed fully and the cold wind managed to slip into the room through the small gap, unpleasantly decreasing the warmth level.


Jong Kook tried to stretch his oddly strained body but was unable to do so. He took a brief moment to recall that he was sleeping on Ji Hyo’s bed instead of his. He looked down and realised that due to the coldness, Ji Hyo had cuddled closer, totally burrowing herself in Jong Kook’s embrace with her face inches away from his.


Despite being taken aback by the intimacy, Jong Kook could not help but be amazed by the angelic features of the sleeping Ji Hyo. Tears stains were visible on the smooth face and it hurt Jong Kook deeply that he had indirectly caused his beloved girl to cry. Gently, he cupped her cheek and caressed lovingly. As if attracted to the warmth radiating from Jong Kook’s palm, Ji Hyo nuzzled her face towards him and hummed contentedly.


Jong Kook smiled at her small action. His sharp eyes caught sight of her shivering. Using his free hand, he pulled up the blanket over Ji Hyo who smiled even wider in her sleep because of the added warmth. He rose up, thinking of closing the window but Ji Hyo’s hands were latched onto his shirt, as if he was her life-saving line. Jong Kook shook his head and smiled at the clinging baby gal. He halted his action and lay back on the bed. As they were only due for work in the afternoon, Jong Kook decided to sleep a little while longer, cherishing the sweet moments with Ji Hyo.
 

---


“Ji Hyo ya, you should be hap---” Suk Jin burst into his daughter room with his wide smile frozen when he saw the unbelievable scene – Jong Kook and Ji Hyo tangled closely together under the blanket. As the blanket was pulled to their chins, Suk Jin could not determine whether they were still fully-clothed.


Jong Kook was startled awake by the unanticipated greeting of Suk Jin who was supposedly to be mountaineering with Jae Suk. He tried to sit up but Ji Hyo had practically rolled partially on top of him with their limbs entangled, hindering his movements.


“T-This…. This is… This is not… not…” Jong Kook stuttered, stumbling over his explanation. He never did anything inappropriate but he understood no one would not misunderstand the situation given the intimate position he was with Ji Hyo.


Jong Kook was deeply grateful to Suk Jin and Jae Suk who took him in when he had nowhere to go. He had always felt guilty when he knew Jae Suk had kindly given him his room and squeezed with Suk Jin. And that was why Jong Kook hated to let them down. He wanted to let them know that he was not a beast who had pounced on Ji Hyo during their absence.


Jae Suk heard the mini commotion from the living room and joined Suk Jin at Ji Hyo’s door. He too was shocked by the astonishing scene. The three men stared at each other without any words exchanged. To their amazement, the main female character of this drama, Ji Hyo, merely stirred slightly and resumed her beauty sleep; it was a miracle that she was still able to sleep under the awkward circumstances.


The two fathers looked at each other and surprisingly, they grinned mischievously and high-five as if they had accomplished a task with contentment.


“Aish… Hyung, we should have left them alone sooner! They were too shy to make a move at each other when we – the two ‘light bulbs’ were shining brightly around them!” Jae Suk sighed in regrets.


“Yah, we should have realised that earlier, Jae Suk ah… But never mind, it isn’t too late, maybe we will get to carry our grandchildren by this year! Who knows maybe Jong Kook had proposed to our lovely daughter while we were away!” Suk Jin clapped his hands excitedly like a child, having fun in visualising the house filled with small kids in near future.


“Ya! If only the flight wasn’t cancelled due to the bad weather, we wouldn’t have the chance to witness this wonderful scene!” The two fathers winked at Jong Kook and left the room, closing the door behind them. The main male character of this peculiar drama, Jong Kook, was dumbfounded by their reaction and experienced a mixture of feelings.


Yes, Jong Kook was ecstatic that Suk Jin and Jae Suk already treated him as their son-in-law and readily welcomed him into this heart-warming family. And of course, he loved Ji Hyo so much that he really did thought of marrying her in the near future. And well, he won’t accept a ‘no’ for his answer. The always imaginative Jong Kook had already thought of kidnapping his reluctant bride if he had the support from his future fathers-in-law.


But… In every situation, there is an unwanted ‘but’. Though Jong Kook was certain of Ji Hyo’s feelings for him, he was still unsure of the reason of her holding back. Having being trained as a detective for months, Jong Kook was able to sniff the strong protectiveness aura emitted by Ji Hyo over him but he could not figure out what made Ji Hyo staying so alert and protective of him as if she was treading cautiously on a mission.


Last night, Jong Kook had fallen asleep from watching over Ji Hyo. However, his high awareness had alerted him that someone had draped something over him. He quickly opened his eyes but he saw nothing. Jong Kook could feel he was wearing an invisible cloak and he tried to shake it off. But to his frustration, he could not move an inch and was slowly slipping into unconsciousness. To his delight, Jong Kook felt nothing out of the ordinary when he woke up this morning and shrugged, thinking it was just a dream.


Shaking his head wildly out of his day-dreaming, Jong Kook began his morning ritual of waking up his lovely princess Ji Hyo. For months, he had tried to wake her up using different methods. He even took down the time taken for record purpose and was complimented by Suk Jin at his creativeness.


The fastest and most effective way was to pour a bucket of water over the sleeping beauty but the after-effect was too horrifying. Ji Hyo was instantly on her feet the moment she was drenched and chased Jong Kook round the house, threatening to pull off all his hair till he was bald. Even when Jae Suk tried to soothe and calm her down, she was still puffing mad and ignored poor Jong Kook for the whole day. That was the toughest day for Jong Kook to survive and he did not wish to go through the same ordeal again.


Entranced by her angelic features, Jong Kook did not realise he was inching closer to Ji Hyo subconsciously till his lips were only millimetres away from her alluring lips which seemed to beckon him. He could feel Ji Hyo’s steady breath on his slightly trembling lips and his heart thumped quickly, threatening to burst out of his chest due to the extreme excitement and anxiousness.


Trying hard not to think of the consequences, Jong Kook’s lips finally met Ji Hyo’s.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
 

I'm so sorry to disappoint my readers with such a short chapter after not updating for few days... T__T
Time is tight for me and I can't squeeze time to type out... >__<

As usual, please comment ( and scold me if you want)...