~ Chapter One ~

Forgive My Way of Loving You... (Hiatus - Apologies!)

“Jong Kook…!!!” Mrs Kim wailed. The crowd could not bear to watch the heart-wrenching scene as the middle-aged lady launched herself tightly onto the already-sealed coffin. The vulnerable and haggard-looking lady was no ordinary person; instead she was the high and almighty Queen of the universe. But now, she was just a pain-stricken mother mourning for the loss of her ten years old son. Her husband, the King stood rigidly beside, trying to maintain his composure as the leader of the universe. However, occasional sobs and incontrollable trembling body betrayed him.


At last, the time had arrived. As the clock struck twelve noon sharp, four men in black signalled apologetically to the King that they had to proceed with the cremate ceremony. It was tough to decipher their feelings as their eyes were hidden behind pairs of sunglasses which we do not know whether it was for the sake of keeping up with the cool image or to hide their real emotion behind them.


It was a grand event, all the citizens of the universe gathered around the city central, if not for the fact that it was for such a painful purpose – sending off the only heir of the King and Queen to the afterlife.


The culprit – the young murderer was also present at the ceremony. The merely eight years old girl was forced to kneel with hands chained beside the coffin. No sign of remorse could be found in her eyes as she struggled to hold her head up and stared defiantly at the angered crowd.


“Bang!” The door slammed shut, forever shutting out the pair of grief-stricken parents from their beloved son. Though the heat emitted from the incinerator was hot enough to scald anyone nearby, the Queen desperately wanted to be nearer to her son. Fortunately, the King held onto her and both sat on the ground, drained of energy. The sobs had by then subsided; however, the dazed Queen seemed to be staring into nothing as she sat motionlessly in her husband’s embrace.


Minutes passed and the crowd was still engulfed in a deafening silence but no one had the heart to break it. However, there would always be a fool who would start the ball rolling.


“Damn you!” Lee Kwang Soo bellowed as he threw a rotten egg at the defiant culprit. The five years old kid even spit at the poor girl. Two other boys quickly tried to drag Kwang Soo away but it was hard to do so as the boy was abnormally tall for his age, making his two older friends having difficulty in preventing him from uttering more nasty words.


“Ha Dong Hoon! Kang Gary! Stop pulling me! Cheon Sung Im is no longer our friend! I’m not going to friend her anymore! She killed Jong Kook!” The tall boy resisted his friends’ restraint and struggled to dash towards his source of hatred. He had always looked up to Jong Kook, the friendly Prince who had always treated him, Dong Hoon and Gary as good buddies despite their status difference. He would always bring them delicious food and taught them self-defence tactics. Sung Im was initially not in their group for she was a girl. Not only that, she was the daughter of the deceased Second Demon Prince and Jong Kook’s mother’s sworn sister. In short, it was a highly forbidden relationship – pure yet tainted marriage.


Nine years ago, the Second Demon Prince shocked the entire universe by announcing his marriage to a pure and innocent girl of the opposite side. As expected, chaos arose and there were a lot of disapprovals. However, the Prince insisted as the girl was already pregnant with his child.


One year later, an adorable baby girl was born. But her parents merely had a chance to hug her once before being killed by the First Demon Prince. The orphan had narrowly missed death if not for the Queen’s specially despatched army had arrived and saved the infant.


Jong Kook had straightaway taken a liking on the quiet and pretty girl at his seventh birthday celebration party. Many people had attempted to persuade the Prince in steering his way away from the cursed jinx but Jong Kook was stubborn enough to ignore all warnings and tried all his means to befriend Sung Im. He swore to the young girl that she would be taken good care of under his wings and his warm embrace would always welcome her. That was the first time that Jong Kook saw the girl smiled. Though it was just a faint shy smile, Jong Kook could swear that he had seen a lovely angel smiling at him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there, here's the first chapter, hope it's up to standard...
Please comment (or criticise if required)... I'm rather open-minded to opinions! So don't go stingy on me, okay? ^_~