Chapter 14

Its you, Sehun-ah [Hiatus]

Jessica’s P.O.V
I didn’t really feel like waiting up for Sehun. I knew he and Krystal would take there precious sweet time, screaming, talking, and definitely kissing. I didn’t want to think of that image. I was already in pain and I didn’t want to add anymore. I still had the awful migrane running through my head, and I knew I needed some coffee. Coffee always helped me in troubles of my migranes, so I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen only to find my mother there reading a book on the kitchen table.

I knew she was at a good part, the smile on her face completely showing it. But I couldn’t’ blame her, I’d always do that when reading books too. Sehun, of course, would make fun of me for it. Ugh! Stop thinking about Sehun, I told myself. I didn’t want to disturb my mom so I crept quietly over to the cabinets to take out the coffee, but of course with my luck, there wasn’t any.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! WORST FREAKIN DAY EVER! I mentally shouted in my head.
 
“Sweetie, are you alright?” My mom asked me, already putting her book down and making her way towards me. Okay so I wasn’t as quiet as I hoped I would be. I sighed.
 
“I’m having a bad day,” I told her honestly. She turned me around to face her and gasped when she took in my facial features. Geez did I really look that bad?
 
“Honey…what happened. Why have you been crying? Is something wrong? Did someone hurt you? Tell me right this instance!” Geez so many questions. I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now, I just wanted to be alone, with no one around, in a quiet room, having a cup of coffee. I tried to give my mom my best fake smile that everyone fell for but instead I just broke down and cried again for the millionth time today. Ugh
 
“Honey…what’s got you so bothered? Tell me…” She said rubbing my back. I was tired of crying and people trying to comfort me when they didn’t even understand the situation I was in at all. I knew they were concerned any worried but in all honesty, no one could fix it. I drew away from her and wiped away my stupid tears.
 
“Mom, I just need to get away for a while. You don’t mind if I take the car and just go?” I asked desperately. She looked at me weirdly but knew that I needed it. She hesitantly nodded her head yes and I scurried away from her before she could ask anymore questions. I didn’t care that I was still dressed in my pajamas, I didn’t care that I looked like crap, all I wanted was to get away. Get away from everything.
 
******
 
I had been driving for at least an hour, and I was pretty sure I had calmed down a bit. I was far away from home and I was glad. I felt like I was breathing again. I realized that I should get away more often. I smiled a big smile for the first time in a long time and curved into a coffee shop called Black Café.

My migrane was already gone by the time I walked in and seated myself in a booth but I loved coffee and I needed to put something in my stomach. I looked over the menu and ordered a blueberry muffin to go with it. It wasn’t long before she came back. Only me and a few other customers were in the café and I liked it this way. It was very quiet and I needed it.

I hadn’t even been in the café a half hour when the waiter who had taken my order strolled my way again. She was about my age and looked…pretty. She was smiling like crazy when she stopped in front of me. 

“Gorgeous over there wants to know if you want some company,” she asked told me, eyeing someone from behind her. I looked straight ahead and came in contact with hazel eyes belonging to none other than….Kai? My jaw dropped instantly. The waitress laughed at my reaction.

“I know I did the same thing. He’s really nice, his name is Kai. You should at least get to know him, I mean look at him. Its not like everyday you have a handsome man asking to join you for a cup of coffee,” she said winking at me.
 
“What is that Kim doing here?” I asked her as if she knew my life story with him. Here eyes widened as she took a seat across from my booth.
 
“So you know him?” She asked, a smile tugging at the corner of . I wanted to wipe it off immediately. “I wouldn’t say I know him, but I know of him. He may be gorgeous but he’ll rip your heart out in a second,” I said before taking a big gulp of coffee. Her eyes widened even more. 

“Not you too. What did he do to you?” She asked, anger showing through her contact lenses blue eyed face. I almost chocked on my coffee when she asked me that question. She looked at me weirdly.
 
“If your implying that Kim and I have dated guess again sweetie. I would never ever go out with him. Even if someone paid me,” I said almost shouting it in her face. She simply shrugged her shoulders smiling like crazy.
 
“Oh he’s so good,” she said turning to look at Kai. He was smirking when he made eye contact with me. “Good at being a man ,” I said under my breath. She shook her head and looked at me seriously.
 
“Nobody’s perfect honey, give the guy a break. You don’t know Kai like I do. 
Trust me, he’s a good guy give him a chance,” she said. I looked at her with wide eyes. She got up from the booth and looked back at Kai then at me.

 “Think about it,” she told me. I nodded my head and watched her retreat. I knew I didn’t know Kai and I knew he could be nice, like he had been when he found me after Sehun propose to Krystal. I guess I was being mean. And besides, we did come up with a truce, ugh! My thoughts were interrupted when Kai slid in the booth opposite of me where the waitress had been just moments ago. He definitely was gorgeous like she had said and I had to stop myself from drooling. He must’ve noticed my staring becauase he chuckled.
 
“Done checking me out?” He asked ever so confidently. I scowled. He was so full of himself.
 
“As if Kim,” I said, gulping down the last bit of my coffee. He watched me for a moment then started laughing. What the heck was so funny. I gave him a questionable look while he tried to compose himself, but failed miserably.
 
“You look terrible Jung,” he told me pointing to my face and hair. I knew that for sure but I didn’t know how bad. From a distance I saw a mirror and angled myself where I could see my reflection. I couldn’t see if my eyes were still red and puffy but I sure as hell saw my hair all over the place. It looked like I let two 2 year olds yank my hair out. I quickly fixed my hair into its original messy bun and scowled at Kai for the billionth time since I met him. What was he doing here anyway?
 
“What the hell are you doing here Kim?” I asked, my voice coming out in anger. He smirked at me and took a long drink of his coffee. I knew he was doing it to get under my skin and you know what? It was working.
 
“Getting impatient are we?” Kai asked noting my facial features. I rolled my eyes at him and tried to maintain my moodiness. I drew in a long breath of air to calm myself down.
 
“Just…leave me alone Kim. Please,” I asked my eyes closed. I didn’t want to be angry anymore or sad. I just wanted to relax. Was that so much to ask for? I opened my eyes when he didn’t answer and found him staring at me, the way he had on the football field. Concern all over his facial features.
 
“I’m sorry if it bothers you that I’m here, but clearly you’re having a bad day. I can’t just leave you like this,” he said obviously talking about my impulsive behavior. I sighed knowing that Kai was no where near leaving me alone.

“You want to talk about it?” He asked, slowly. I didn’t want Kai knowing my business, but maybe talking about it would help me. I eyed him suspiciously. 

“I’m not messing with you Jung. I’m serious. Look I know we had our differences in the beginning but we’re friends now. I mean, I care about you,” he said suddenly nervous. I laughed a light laugh making him snap his heads towards me.
 
“The famous Kai is…nervous?” I asked with a side smile. I knew he knew I was teasing him and he shushed me. I laughed. “As crazy as this may sound Kim, but, I care too…you know,” I said. He looked up no longer nervous but rather surprised. I punched his arm making him know that I wasn’t about to get all mushy with him.
 
“Holy crap! Jung! Go easy next time,” he said rubbing the place where I had just punched him. Wow he really was a baby. I rolled my eyes at him and lowered myself into the booth. He did the same. “You know you never answered my question Kim. What are you doing here?”
I asked as I got comfortable in my booth. Kai shrugged his shoulders, smirking at me.
 
“I could ask you the same question,” he flat out answered me. I sighed. “If I tell you, I’d have to explain my bad day,” I told him dryly. I didn’t really feel like talking about it, heck I drove all the way over here to forget about it. He looked at his wrist as if there was a watch placed there.
 
“I’ve got time,” he said a smile forming on his beautiful lips. Whoa Jessica! Calm down! This is freaking Kai Kim were talking about. I mentally slapped myself and eyed Kai suspiciously.

“I don’t know Kai,” I said surprising myself that I meant every word. I thought I didn’t want to talk about it but here I was ready to pour out my problems to my ex-enemy Kai. He took my hand in his and looked so sincere. His hazel eyes portrayed concern and worry towards me and he no longer had pride in him. 

“You can trust me,” he said. And for the first time ever I believed him.

****

Sehun P.O.V.

“DoyouhavefeelingsforJessica?”
 
Shocked. Was all that was running through my body. Did Krystal just seriously ask me if I had feelings for Jessica?
 
“Why are you asking me this question?” I asked Krystal. She rolled her eyes at me and stood up frustrated. “You’re ignoring my question,” she said. She was pacing back and forth in her room eyeing me with daggers.
 
“No Krystal. I do not have feelings for Jessica. I can’t believe you would ask me that question. You know me and her have been best friends since 7th grade. I care about her a lot and I love her. But I’m not in love with her. I’m in love with you. Why would you doubt it?” I asked outraged. I couldn’t believe that Krystal would ask such a stupid question. Could she not see how important she was to me. I spent so hard in winning her love and now that I have it she questions it?
 
“That’s not what it looks like Sehun. You and Jessica are so close it irritates me! I always see you guys hugging, laughing, dancing, and just so close to each other. You guys are always touching each other, do you know how that makes me feel?” She said. Tears were pouring down he  face all over again and I had the urge to go and wipe them away but I didn’t.

“Your being ridiculous,” I said, my voice low. I didn’t want to criticize her but it was true. Of course me and Jessica are like that. Were best friends and we’ve been doing that for years. Why would it bother Krystal?
 
“Oh so if you saw me with some other dude all close and being touchy you wouldn’t have the slightest feeling of jealousy?” She asked me.  “Not if the dude was your best friend for years. Krystal lets me reasonable here. Jessica is your sister and my best friend. Do you honestly think she would hurt you like that? Do you honestly think I would hurt you like that?” I asked, wanting to hear her answer.
 
“Maybe. Jessica’s probably jealous that I have a boyfriend and she can’t stand the fact of me having you, her best friend. And I don’t know about you. I mean before we were together you were the hot shot in school. Mr. Play Boy. I wouldn’t be surprised if you did cheat on me!” She yelled in my face. I closed my eyes instantly and soaked it all in. So that’s what she thought of me.

Still some player that would get any girl he desired. But Jessica? I couldn’t believe what she said about her. This wasn’t the Krystal I loved, this wasn’t’ the Krystal I knew.
 
“You really think of me that way? Of Jessica too?” I asked, of course you could tell that I was shocked. She looked at me for a moment not saying anything. Suddenly, Krystal fell to the floor and broke down crying. I didn’t pick her up, didn’t comfort her, but just let her cry. I didn’t know how long I stayed there and watched her cry but when she finally looked up, I bent down on the ground next to her.
 
“Of course I don’t think of you that way Sehun. You’ve been the most amazing boyfriend ever, and I don’t deserve you at all. Jessica….Jessica is the best sister anyone could ever ask for. I didn’t mean those things I said about either one of you guys. I love you both so much. I just get so jealous easily. I can’t stand the fact of losing you. I love you so much Sehun. I try to do my best by being the best for you but it gets hard sometimes. Sometimes…sometimes I feel….like you’re going to leave me. Leave me for someone else. Leave me for someone better. Like Jessica. That’s why I get so jealous and angry when I see you two together. Because you guys are perfect for each other. You guys…you understand each other. Me and you have to work at being like that. I sometimes think…that maybe your better off without me. And that you’ll discover that and leave me, like you did with so many other girls before…” Krystal said never taking her eyes off mine.

I couldn’t believe what she was saying to me. I brought her to my arms instantly and soothed her. She hugged me tight. “You are good enough for me Krystal. You’re amazing. I don’t want anybody else but you. Its only you baby, only you and no one else.” I said, crashing her lips to mine. I pulled her up and looked her in the eyes.

“Do you believe me when I say I love you?” I asked her. She kissed my cheek and nodded her head yes.
 
“And do you believe me when I say there’s no one else but you that I want?” I questioned. Again she nodded her head yes. I smiled at her and kissed her lips gently. Bringing myself on one knee, I grabbed her engagement ring from my pocket and held it out to her.
 
“Krystal Jung, I love you and only you. You’re the most beautiful, amazing, talented, gorgeous, y, the list could go on, girl, I have ever met. No one makes me happier then you do. From now on until forever, I want you, and only you. I promise to love and protect you, all the days of my life. Will you please, marry me?” I asked, desperation in my voice. She screamed like she had the first time I proposed and jumped into my arms shouting yes. I, gladly, slid her ring on her left hand where I knew would stay forever and kissed her in my arms.

*****

Jessica’s P.O.V.
My laughter filled the coffee shop as I sat in the booth of Black Café for almost an hour now. Kai and I were actually having a good time. Who knew that being with Kai could be so much fun? We were talking about random things, neither one us touching on the subject of Sehun and Krystal. And I was grateful.

He slumped in his chair, his hair sticking up from the back, as his laughing died down. I did the same but was careful that I didn’t get my hair static. The waitress, who’s named I learned was Eunji, came by and asked us if we’d wanted anything else. I was already full, having 2 blueberry muffins, not to mention a lot of coffee. Maybe that’s why I was so hyper.

“No thanks,” I told her as she looked to Kai. Kai shook his head while looking at me. I smiled at him and he retuned it. Eunji wiggled her eyes towards me, probably happy that I had accepted the fact to talking to Kai. I rolled my eyes at her.

“C’mon Eunji-ah, sit down. I haven’t talked to you in forever. How have you been?” Kai asked Molly. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion. Eunji did mention that she knew Kai but never told me how. Eunji rolled her eyes at him crossing her arms.

“I’m on duty Kai. I could get fired,” she said pretending to be angry and serious. I had to hold back my laugh at her bad skills of acting. “Jung, this is Eunji. My good friend,” he said introducing us. So she was a ‘good’ friend to him. That could have meant anything when it came to Kai. Instead of thinking about it I simply smiled at her.

“Nice to finally meet you Eunji,” I said shaking her hand. She snickered pulling out a chair for her to sit in. “You to Jung,” she said not knowing if that was my real name or not. I laughed with her as did Kai.

“Its Jessica, actually. Kim just calls me Jung. Its my last name,” I told her. She gave me a questionable look. “Kim? Jung? What up with last names here? Why don’t you guys call each other Kai and Jessica?” She asked, but looked at Kai for the answer. He cleared his throat. “That’s just how it is with Jung and I. I mean, it would be weird to call her Jessica,” he said looking at me. I nodded my head actually agreeing with him.

“And it would be weird calling Kim…Kai,” I said, as if his name was an infectious disease. Eunji looked at us weirdly. “EUNJI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? YOUR SUPPOSE TO BE ON DUTY! NOW QUIT SITTING AND START WORKING!” A loud man in the back yelled. Eunji shot daggers at Kai, while he held his hands in the air demonstrating his innocence. Eunji, reluctantly got up and made her way towards other customers.

“She’s nice,” I said. Kai nodded his head and looked at me for awhile. I began to feel self conscious and weird under his gaze so I cleared my throat. “Well its been great but I-”

“Do you wanna get out of here?” Kai asked me so suddenly. I raised my eyebrow at him. “Excuse me?” I said. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. For the first time he actually looked nervous not knowing what to do.

“I asked you…if you wanna get out of here. I know this great place-” My cell phone started ringing stopping Kai from saying anything. I gave him an apologetic look. I looked at the caller ID seeing Sehun’s picture. Stupid butterflies flied through my stomach as my heart did crazy flips. Geez calm down Jessica, its just a phone call, I told myself.

“Hello?” I asked. I could hear Krystal in the background talking to my mom. “Jessica! Where are you? Are you ok? Tell me right now!” Sehun screamed through the phone. I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

“Calm down Sehun. Everything’s fine, I’m fine,” I reassured him. I heard him breath a sigh of relief but that quickly went away as he continued to scream through the phone. “Where are you? Why have you been gone so long? Come home now!” He demanded. I rolled my eyes at his father like tone. 

“I said I was fine Sehun. And I can come home when I want okay?” I snapped at him. I was tired of people bossing me around. Even if it was Sehun. I mean I know he was worried for me but he has no right to tell me where to be or when to come home. I’m seventeen for crying out loud!

“Where are you?” He asked, softer this time, knowing he made me angry. I looked at Kai who was looking at me intently. I smiled when I saw him. Oh this was going to be fun.

“I’m on a….date,” I said smiling like crazy. Kai’s eyes went wide as I said so and I smiled at him, holding back my laugh. Sehun’s breathing stopped, and I contemplated whether lying to him was the best thing to have done. Oh well I already did.

“Your on…a…date?” He asked, completely shocked. I sensed he sounded jealous but I knew he probably wasn’t. He was way too in love with Krystal to even have jealousy for me.

“Yeah. I can have dates, too you know,” I said. Kai was staring at me, seriously, and I wondered what he was thinking. Was he mad? Wait, why did I care what he thought. “Jess, come home now!” Sehun said sounding angry as ever. My jaw dropped. Who does he think he is sending me home when I was on a date, even though I really wasn’t?

“No.” I said and like that I hung up the phone. When I did, my eyes popped out. I couldn’t believe I did that. I looked at Kai with huge eyes. “I can’t believe I did that!” I said, excited. I felt like doing a crazy dance right then and there. And you know what? I did! I knew it was stupid and pointless but I felt amazing. Never had I done such a thing and it felt great to feel…bad. I laughed like crazy as I sat back down in my seat. Kai looked at me weirdly.

“What?” I asked him, a stupid smile on my face. “Who was that on the phone?” He asked. I smiled and slumped in my seat. “Sehun,” I said. His eyes popped out. “And you told him you went on a date? Let me guess…he told you to come home?” I smiled evilly at him and nodded my head yes. He laughed, at me, probably due to my child behavior at the moment.

“Wow Jung. Never knew you had it in you to say no to Sehun,” he said, shaking his head in disbelief. I jumped in my seat as my phone rang again. I looked at the called ID and found Sehun’s picture yet again. I looked at Kai with a smile.

“Its Sehun,” I whispered, which I didn’t know why. He smiled while taking the phone out of my hands. “What are you doing?” I asked, leaning over the table to snatch my phone back. He put a finger to his mouth shushing me and I reluctantly obeyed.

“Hello?” Kai said using a deep man’s voice. I put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing. This was freaking hilarious, I thought. I knew Kai wanted to laugh, the corner of his mouth curving into a smile. I wanted to hear the conversation so I scooted myself into the same seat as Kai. I pressed my ear to my phone, noting that I was close to Kai as I ever been.

“Who is this?” I heard Sehun yell. I bit my tongue to hold my laugh. “Her man, who else would it be?” Kai said, still in his character. I held a
thumbs-up to Kai. “You listen here you little punk, if you hurt Jessica, or even touch a hair on her head, I swear you’ll never see the light of day again,” Sehun threatened. I could already imagine his distraught face, as he ran a hand through his hair. He did that when he was angry or upset. I rolled my eyes at his over-protectiveness.

“Listen, I don’t know what your problem is but Jessica is my girl, so back off. We’re having a great time and here you are bugging us, isn’t that right baby?” Kai asked, putting the phone towards my mouth. He turned his head as he did so and I held back my breath. Being this close to him made me melt. His beautiful face was inches from mine, as his hazel eyes looked into mine. I knew he was mesmerizing me as I was towards him.

I saw him look down at my lips and for a split second I wondered if he was going to kiss me. I suddenly forgot that Sehun was on the line but I couldn’t speak. All I could make out was a soft moan.

“Jessica! YOU GET BACK HERE NOW BEFORE I-” But I didn’t hear the rest as I just stared into Kai’s eyes. They were so beautiful and I cursed myself for being so drawn to him. I couldn’t help but be attracted to his beautiful features.

He was, as Eunji said, a god sent from heaven. Kai pulled a strand of my hair behind my ear. I shivered as he did so. “I think he’s going to explode when he sees you,” Kai whispered making me come out of daze. I could hear Sehun’s screaming and rambling going on through the phone and I really didn’t feel like hearing him as I knew he was just going to yell at me some more when I got home. I took the phone away from Kai and held it to my ear.


Oooh yeaaaahhhh! Finally an update! Going to update it later tonight, and stay tune! *hugsandkisses*