Chapter 12

Its you, Sehun-ah [Hiatus]
Jessica's P.O.V.
Why did I have to freaking love Sehun? If nothing was going to happen between us then why did I have to fall for him? 
 
I made my way out the window, sitting on the roof. I burried my face in my hands trying to calm myself.
 
Its over, Jess. He's gone forever. You can never have him. He was never yours.
 
I kept telling my mind only to find it piercing my heart even more. I didn't have the strength to cry so I just sat there with my head down. As I brought my face away from my hands, I noticed that it was dark. How long had I been out here? I looked down at the drive way and noticed that Sehun's car was still there. I sighed and layed on the roof, gazing at the stars that I loved.
 
At least they would keep me from thinking of Sehun, I thought. As I lost myself in the night sky, like always, I started humming or more like singing.
 
"Its like an angel..." Sehun's voice murmered. Why was I hearing Sehun voices? I opened my eyes to find Sehun sitting beside me. When did he get here?
 
"Sehun? What are you doing here?" I asked in disbelief. He seemed to not hear me but looked at me asif he had never seen me before in his life. "You singing...its....like an angel..." he murmured yet again. What?
 
"Sehun? Are you ok? What are you doing here? You're suppose to be telling my mom about yours and Krystal's proposal!" I said, sitting up. "How come you never told me you could sing?" He asked instead. I rolled my eyes.
 
"I didn't think it was important. Krystal sings, I sing. Big deal." I said, my eyes going back to watching the stars. "Well, your voice is beautiful. I never knew. But now that were talking about secrets...I want to talk to you." Sehun said his voice sounding serious.
 
"About...?" I asked. I hated when Sehun got serious. "Us." He said. Us? Could it be? My heart hammered like crazy.
 
"What about us?" I asked, my voice shaking a little. God, why did I have to be so obvious.
 
"I feel like you've been distant with me Jessica. And I want to know why. Did I do something wrong? Were best friends, we have been for years. We tell eachother everything." He said, his hands reaching out to touch mine, which only made it worse on my behalf.
 
"You haven't done anything wrong Sehun. Its just...I don't think you'd understand...if I told you..." I said, averting my eyes from him. But he faced me towards him again.
 
"Tell me," he pleaded. Should I tell him? Would he feel the same way? What would he think? Telling him could ruin everything. What should I do? I sighed defeatedly. Why was love so complicated?
 
"Why are you marrying Krystal?" I blurted out, suprising not only Sehun but myself. Why had I blurted that out? What was I thinking? Sehun looked at me confused but composed himself quickly.
 
"You don't want me to marry her?" He asked, and my eyes widen. "No! Its not that...its just...don't you guys think your too young. I mean I know you guys love eachother and everything but....I don't know..don't you think...you guys could wait? Until you're older...more mature...I just don't want you guys to be unhappy. I love you both and I want whats best for both of you guys..." I rambled on, sounding stupid.
 
"I am happy Jess. I love your sister, with all my heart. I promise to take care of her, you don't need to worry about that. And I asked myself that question for awhile. But the truth is...I know Krystal is the one, and I know were doing the right thing. I want to marry her. I'm going to marry her," he said never taking his eyes off mine. My heart ached and I couldn't take it.
 
"Well then, I'm happy for you both," I said quickly looking at the stars from preventing the tears that were already forming in my eyes. Of course, Sehun noticed. "Why are you crying Jess?" He asked, wiping my stupid tear that ran down my cheek.
 
"Just tears of joy," I lied. Sehun nodded his head and just like that it grew silent between us, just us gazing at the stars. "I still can't believe after all these years your still obessed with stars," Sehun said, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. I nudged him and layed back down on the roof with him following me.
 
"How could you not love them? They're so beautiful.." I said, my eyes on the sky.
 
"Not as beautiful as you," Sehun said, his eyes fixed on me. I rolled my eyes at his corny line and laughed. "Nice Sehun, did you use that line on all the past girls you've dated?" I asked.
 
He lauged at my question and nodded yes. Typical. "Loser..." I murmerd. He nudged me this time making me laugh. "But I meant it this time.." he said rather quietly. I turn my head back towards him to find him gazing at me.
 
"I'm not beautiful Sehun, if anyone's beautiful its Krystal." I said. 
 
"Jess, you are beautiful. I don't know how you can't see it. One of the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes one and trust me I've seen a lot." He said winking at me. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Geez, your freaking engaged! How would Krystal react if she heard you talkin like this?"
 
"Oh, she'd kill me," he said and I lauged knowing it was true.
 
"Sehun!" I heard Krystal yell from inside the house "Speak of the devil..." I murmured making Sehun snap his head towards me. "Sehun!!" Krystal yells harder. I shake my head in disbelif.
 
"I better be headin back," Sehun said getting up. I nodded my head as he slowly made his way towards my window. He looked back at me once more and smiled. I smiled back and like a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Next morning.

Jessica's P.O.V.
"AHHHHHHHHHH" I stirred in my bed, peeking my eyes open for a second. I knew that voice from anywhere, it was definetely Krystal's. I groaned in my bed while burrying my face into my pillow. She could scream all she wants but I was not leaving this bed. 

As I waited for sleep to consume me I heard yet another scream followed by a man's laughter. I knew automatically that it was Sehun's. He was here almost everyday, especially on Saturdays. It was like he practically lived here. 

At first I loved him always being here but when he and Krystal started getting closer I quickly began to become irritable knowing that he was there for Krystal and not me.

*Flashback* (3 years ago)
"Sehun? Whats up with you coming over here all the time?" I asked him while he gave me a cheeky grin. We were in my room playing guitars when the question slid off my mouth. He looked like he was debating to tell me and I groaned impatiently.

"Tell me!" I pratically yelled. I didn't know why I wanted to know so badly. He was here almost all the time and it was driving me crazy. I mean I know were best friends and all but he never use to come over like this. A million questions were running through my head. Could it be possible that Sehun has finally fallen for me? My heart accelerated at that thought.

"If I tell you, you gotta promise me you won't tell your sister," Sehun said making me come out of my thoughts. Krystal? What does she have to with Sehun being over? And then it hit me. My heart dropped knowing what he was going to say.

"I promise," I said, acting eager when I knew what he was going to say. He smiled, a big smile, and whispered : "I'm in love with your sister."

Those words pierced my heart like knives pierced skin. Sehun, MY Sehun, my best friend, the LOVE of MY life, was IN LOVE with Krystal! I wanted to run out of the room the minute those words rolled of his tongue.

"You lo-love my s-is-ster?" I stammered, not because I was nervous but because I didn't want to believe it. "I know its crazy right? But I don't know, Jess, she's just so perfect. She's nice, smart, giving, and gorgeous! She's perfect in every way, I love her Jess, I love your sister," he said. He smiled like crazy and I tried my best to smile in return.

"Wow, I can't believe it. So your only over here to see Krystal?" I asked, hurt consumed over me quickly. He looked at me with confusion then rushed to my side.

"No, of course not. I mean, partially yes, but I also want to see my favorite girl. You might know her. She's got brown wavy hair, always wearing it in a messy bun, loves wearing sweats, rocks at guitar and sports, crazy beautiful..." he said smiling at me. I nudged him but lauged at his describing me.


"I'm your favorite girl?" I asked. My heart flipped like crazy when he nodded yes. As I looked into his eyes I couldn't help but get lost in them. Why couldn't he love me?

"So are you going to help me or what?" Sehun asked. I looked at him in confusion. "With what?" I asked making him roll his eyes. "To make your sis fall in love with me," he said. I frowned at that but quickly composed myself for his sake.

"And why can't you do that? Your an expert at making the ladies fall for you. You do it all the time at school. Use that charm on Krystal," I said getting up but Sehun pulled me back down. "That's the thing, Krystal doesn't like when I act that way," he said. I laughed at how helpless he looked and he snapped his head toward me.

"What?" He asked, annoyed. "You so helpless, I never imagined the famous Player Sehun would ever fall in love," I cooed making him roll his eyes. "Neither did I..." he whispered. 

I nudged him but as I did so he pulled me underneath him making me bore into those beautiful eyes of his. "Promise me you'll help me," he whispered making me shiver. He looked so beautfiul, so desperate, I couldn't say no. 

"I promise," I whispered. And as soon as those words slipped, I regreted it terribly.
*Flashback Over*

"Sehun! Stop!!" Krystal screamed yet again. Okay no way was I going to go back to sleep with them screaming like that. I slowly made my way towards my bathroom, washing my face, brushing me teeth and lastly putting my hair up in its messy bun.


As I made my way down the stairs I could hear Krystal's giggling as she begged Sehun to stop tickiling her. Krystal hated when she got tickled I on the other hand loved it. As I entered the living room I heard glass break and quickly ran towards the scene.

I saw Krystal and Sehun move off the couch to look at what had been shattered. It was my snowglobe that my dad had given me when I was a little girl. I could feel the tears prickle around the corner of my eyes.

"Jess..." Krystal trailed but I didn't want to look at her. I slowly picked up my snowglobe and traced it. It was the last gift my dad had given me, and now it was ruined.

"Jess, I'm so sorry," Krystal said coming towards me but I backed away. "Its fine," I lied not being able to look at her nor at Sehun. My head throbbed instantly and I realized that I forgot to change the bandage on my head. I turned my back to them and went to the bathroom. As I changed the bandage, I could feel the tears falling down my face. I looked back down at my broken snow globe and hugged it.

Dad, I miss you. If only you were here. I wiped the tears that had fallen on my face and opened the door to the bathroom slowly only to find Sehun looking down at me. His hands reached out to touch my cheek and wipe the tear that had fallen. I looked away from him and made my way past him. As I was about to make my way up the stairs but he stopped me.

"Jess, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break your snowglobe. I know how much it means to you, and I'm sorry." I looked into his eyes and saw that it held pain.

"Its fine Sehun, but if you don't mind, I'd like to be alone," and with that I turned my back to him. I just needed to be alone. But the truth was, I already was.
 
Sehun's P.O.V.
I didn't want to leave Jessica alone but I knew she wanted to be. Why hadn't I just stopped when Krystal asked me to? I hadn't come over the house to see Krystal, in fact, I was shocked to see her dressed and ready. I had come to see Jessica but, of course, she was asleep. As I made my way back to the living room I saw that Krystal had picked up the mess. I sighed.


"How is she?" Krystal asked. I could see that she felt guitly. "She was crying," I said. Krystal sat herself down on the couch, burrying her face in her hands. "Its okay, babe. It was an accident. Besides, Jess said it was fine." I said to try and calm her down.

"Sehun, that was the last gift our dad gave to Jessica. It was special to her. And I ruined it," she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. I sighed while wiping it away. I didn't know what else to say so I sat there ​with my arm around her.


It had been at least an three hours since I'd last seen Jessica and I missed her like crazy. What was she doing up in her room? I looked down to a sleeping Krystal. I, then, decided to carry her to her room. As I exited her room, I looked over to Jessica's door.

Oh, Jessica, why are you making me go crazy? I made my way towards her door and just stood there. What if she needed more time? What if 
she didn't want to see me? I knew she'd still be sad, but I wanted to comfort her. As I was about to knock her door flew open and I was left standing like an idiot.

"I knew you were there," Jessica said, a light smile plastered on her face. I gave her a cheeky grin but instantly hugged her. She hugged me back and I just enjoyed the feeling of being in her arms all over agian. "Jess, please, I'm so sorry. I didn't know-"

"Its okay Sehun. Really. I'm sad but life goes on," she said getting out of my embrace. She made her way back to her bed and just layed there. I decided to sit on the floor beside her. I knew she wanted to tell me something but I just waited till she wanted to share.

"I've never really told you the story of my dad...have I?" Jessica asked me. Her voice was so small it was barely a whisper. I squeezed her hand telling her it was okay. She sat up, still inclined with my hand, and looked at me. Her eyes were red from crying and her hair was all over the place. I didn't bother to tell her but just continued to let her talk.


"I was pretty much a daddy's girl growing up," she said with a smile. "If I wasn't found anywhere in the house you knew I was with daddy. Either playing sports with him, helping him fix his car, or just sitting with him looking at the stars. Thats the reason I love the stars so much. It use to be mine and my dad's 'getaway'." A tear rolled down her cheek and I instantly wiped it away.

"He loved both Krystal and I but I knew I was very special to him, as he was to me. Growing up, he was my hero, like any daddy would be to his little girl. But far more than that, he was my idol. I looked up to him so much, in my eyes he was the pefect dad, and I wanted to be just like him," she said getting lost in her own thoughts.

I knew she was thinking of the past and I let her. She needed to get this out, and I was going to be here for her, no matter what. She looked at me and held a sad expression. "I don't know how it happened, but he and my mom started fighting. At first it was little arguments then it turned into massive fights, really bad that he ended up breaking something in the house. I didn't understand at the time neither did Krystal but we would always cry hoping that the fight wasn't that bad where divorce came in. I remember always going to daddy after the fights, while Krystal went with mom. I would see my dad cry, and I just sat there with him. He would try and make me laugh so I wouldn't worry about him but it never worked. Even though, he was suffering, he would always try and make me smile. I admired him so much for that," she was squeezing my hand while tears fell constantly down her face.

I knew there was no point to wipe them away anymore. I came and sat on the bed next to her and hugged her as she went on. "He started drinking, coming home late, and bringing more fights into the house. Krystal was fed up with him and mom's fights, she couldn't stand to live in that kind of environment she asked if she could live with our aunt. I didn't want her to go but I knew she needed too. I didn't want to though. Even as a little girl, I was determined to fix the situation. But no matter what I did, nothing stopped the arguments, the breaking of things, and the screams. I didn't know what was becoming of my family and I cried everyday. I sometimes wondered if it was because of me that they fought," Jessica said in my arms. She was shaking uncontrollably and I held on to her so tight. I'd never seen Jessica in so much pain.

It was killing me. I couldn't stand the fact when she was in a down mood, but now she was telling me her deepest secret. One that she kept from me until now. And now I completley understand why. "It wasn't your fault Jess. People have problems all the time. You said the fights started for no reason. Your father loved you too much to even fight over you," I said, almost tearing up myself. She sobbed into my shoulder and I held her too me even more, if that was possible.

"The story doesn't end there, Sehun. My dad came home one day looking different. He kept telling me that he loved me and that nothing or no one could ever stop him from loving me. He was packing his things in a suitcase and I remembered asking him where he was going. He gave me a painful look and said he was going away. I remember holding onto him, screaming and begging him not to go. I kept screaming and screaming while he told me he was sorry. My mom told me it was going to be okay. She pulled me away from him but I ran back to him. He told me to go with mom but I didn't. I told him I wanted to go with him. Once my mom got a great hold of me he got into his car and left. I screamed to my mom to let me go but she didn't. My dad was leaving......As his car made its way out the driveway I got out of my mom's arms and ran towards the car but it was too late. His car was already driving away. I ran and ran after it but it just kept moving away, going faster and faster. And then.....he was gone," Jessica cried into my chest.

Tears were already pouring out my eyes and I just sat there with my best friend in my arms and cried with her. She hugged me tight and kept saying over and over how she missed her dad. I her hair and just let her cry into me. I'd never seen Jessica in this much pain and it killed me. I wished at the moment that I could take all the pain away from her and put it in me but nothing could make that happen. I told her it was going to be okay making her nod her head but never show her face. I layed her down on her bed next to me and continued to comfort her.
 
Neither of us said anything but just layed next to eachother and consumed eachothers company. Her crying slowly died down as she snuggled into me. I smelled her sweet scent of vanilla and layed there with Jessica by my side. And for some odd reason, it felt right to me. Krystal and I never had this experince before and for the first time ever, it made me question my relationship with her.
 
But I shook that thought away and looked down to a sleeping Jessica by my side. I smiled at that and her cheek. She strired silently but cozied herself against me once more.

"I'm so sorry Jessica," I whispered. I couldn't even imagine ever going through an experience like Jessica and Krystal had. It made me think how lucky I am and how I take little things for granted sometimes. As I layed in Jessica's bed, thoughts filled my head making me drowsy and soon I fell asleep with my best friend in my arms.

WOHOOOOOO! The longest chapter ever! I need 3 days to do this hahahaha. Tell me what you guys think!<3