A boy on the train on the first day of summer part2

M.B.B.

 

 

DARA

 

Flashback

 

 

Without the bags in front of me and his hands pushing on the train’s glass to support his weight, he would’ve crushed me. But our position right now was hardly appropriate for strangers. We were caught somewhere between leaning and hugging.  I don’t like PDAs but here I am caught in an almost embrace.

 

His arms were both on the sides of my shoulders rubbing against my skin, his neck inches from my face and his face was hovering on my head, his lips and nose grazing my hair. My hands were still holding my shopping bags against my chest but the backs of my hands and arms were touching his firm chest and abdomen. My face was turned to the side of his neck inhaling his scent. He looked scruffy but he smelled clean like soap and musk, something distinctly male but oddly pleasant to my senses.

 

I was feeling warm all of a sudden from his nearness and from the blush I feel creeping upon my cheeks. I was suddenly conscious whether I smelled nice as well. Then I remembered that I was wearing a scooped neck dress and from his vantage point above me, he could probably see down my cleavage. I felt myself blushing further.

 

As to why, I don’t know. I should be angry, but somehow this boy excites me. This warm feeling is melting my ice princess attitude and I was suddenly troubled. I shook my head to clear it but somehow I only found myself pressed to the side of his neck, my lips grazing the base of his neck.

 

I heard him give a soft chuckle. “Do you kiss all guys on the first meeting, vanilla?” he said and looked down on me.

 

His laugh and voice would’ve been music to my ears if not for his impertinent question.

 

“What nerve” I thought meeting his gaze with a cold stare, the ice princess back. Did he just call me vanilla? Like the shampoo and soap I use.

 

“You smell nice, vanilla.” He said, his gaze softening and his lips curving into a smile.

 

“I don’t mind you kissing me, but one more kiss and you’re mine.” He whispered into my ear almost like a promise before he resumed staring at me.

 

Was he threatening me? I was not backing down. Not me. I have never backed down from anything.  I was fighting back his stare with as much frostiness as I could.

 

Another set of passengers entered and pushed him towards me as he let go of his hands on my sides. I saw him smile before his lips were suddenly on mine.

 

It was a soft dry long kiss, nothing scandalous but I felt warm all over and my heart was pounding hard. I closed my eyes feeling the ice melt away. When the kiss ended, I opened my eyes to meet his dark orbs.

 

No words were needed. It was not a surrender but rather a recognition of the heart.         

 

I was his.