The Third Wheel

M.B.B.

 

 

DARA

 

 

Everyday I see that Ji and Bom were becoming closer. Bom was finally able to ask Ji for a date. I am unable to come with the guy I liked so Bom just asked me to tag along as a third wheel.

 

 

 

We decided to watch a movie. It was a horror film. We sat inside the moviehouse with Ji sitting in between us.

 

The movie was scary. I knew Bom was a bigger scaredy cat than me, giving out screams and gasps.  I saw her holding on to Ji’s arm and burying her face in his shoulder.

 

I got a little spooked myself but I was not a screamer. I tend to gasp silently, jump a little in my seat and feel my heart race.

 

Suddenly I felt Ji’s hand on mine. He held my hand, intertwining his fingers. I did not want to let go of his hand this time. It was a good thing that the moviehouse was dark and Bom could not see us.

 

When the movie ended, I let go of his hand, afraid that Bom will see. She likes Ji too much. I did not want to make her jealous.

 

 

 

We dined out in a steak restaurant. Bom was happy they were serving corn as sidedish. After dinner, Bom excused herself to go to the ladies’ room. I was left alone in our table with Ji and I was suddenly feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

 

“Did you like the movie?” he asked.

 

“Sort of” I replied.

 

“Which part did you like?” he asked again.

 

“The ending. I was glad when it was over.” I tried to joke. “How about you?”

 

“The scary parts” he said.

 

“Why?” I started to ask but then I saw him smirk. Oh! Now I get it. I realized it was the time Bom was clinging on to him and he was holding my hand. It left me speechless as my cheeks blushed.

 

 

 

Just then, Bom returned and it was time to go home.

 

Bom lived on the other side of town and Ji had to take her home. I bid them goodbye and boarded the bus towards home alone.