Liking a boy last summer

M.B.B.

 

DARA

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

It was a fruitful summer after all. I met a boy I actually liked. I don’t want to jinx it yet, not yet sure whether to call it love. But I cannot deny the strong pounding in my heart I feel for him and the flutter I feel in my tummy, and the need to stare into his eyes and lose myself. Could I get any mushier?

 

Don’t get me wrong. I was still ice princess only a little less icy but I think I found my prince.

 

He was not like the other boys I know of, I have come to learn as we spent most of the summer together. He was deep and brooding most of the time. A little emo but like me, he’s also into things like art and books.

 

 

 

On our first meeting after getting off the train, he stayed with me until I got home, accompanying me until I boarded the bus and walking with me up to our house. We talked on the way and got to know each other.

 

It so happened that he just moved house 6 months ago and lived a block away from me. I didn’t know he lived nearby, but maybe it was fate that we only met now. He studied at a different school having switched houses in the middle of the school year. He would also be a senior just like me and Bom.

 

 

Speaking of Bom, how will I tell my bestfriend that her ice princess friend has found her prince? I was a little embarrassed to admit it to her, but she’s my bestfriend and she should know.

 

I’ll just cross the bridge when I get there I thought, savoring the feeling of summer, of being young and liking a boy.