A girl on the train on the first day of summer

M.B.B.

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

Flashback

 

 

It was crowded as I caught the afternoon train. The rush of people going home was too much and I felt myself get pushed deeper into the train with every stop.

 

I suddenly had a whiff of something familiar.

 

I looked up and noticed her staring at me. It was her, Vanilla.

 

Finally, she noticed me.

 

I smiled a half-grin, knowing most girls in my old school swoon over it and stared right back at her. I wondered what she thought of me.

 

 I don’t know how long we held each other’s stare but suddenly another wave of passengers entered and I felt myself pushed towards her.

 

I used my hands to push against the train’s glass to prevent myself from crushing her. The back of her hands and arms were against my chest and abdomen and my arms were in contact with her shoulders. Her face was angled towards my neck and I was hovering above her head freely inhaling her fragrance.

 

With our position, I felt hot feeling her against my skin. I could feel her every breath on my neck and I was getting light-headed with her scent.

 

I felt her shake her head and I was inwardly amused. But with our proximity she ended up kissing my neck. I felt ticklish and chuckled.

 

“Do you kiss all guys on the first meeting, vanilla?” I said as I looked down upon her.

 

She stared coldly back at me.

 

“You smell nice, vanilla.” I said as I stared back at her and smiled, hoping she’ll smile back but her stare never faltered.

 

“So she thinks she’s all ice” I thought. I was strangely attracted by her cold city girl attitude, so different from the other girls I know.

 

I bent down to whisper in her ears “I don’t mind you kissing me, but one more kiss and you’re mine.”

 

I resumed staring back at her and was welcomed by her frosty stare. An idea popped in my head to soften her towards me.

 

As another set of passengers entered I let go of my hands and allowed myself to be pushed towards her. I smiled before I made contact with her lips.

 

I gave her a soft dry kiss, enough to surprise her but not to offend her and I felt her loosen up as she closed her eyes. I was almost not willing to let go but I did not want to push my luck. When the kiss ended, I opened my eyes to meet hers.

 

I’m not sure what it was I saw in her eyes but she seemed to have changed her opinion of me. For the first time, I saw her smile.

 

 

 

It was then that I knew.

 

I am in love with a girl on the train on the first day of summer.