Old Friendship

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 • Chapter Eight • 

 

 

Eunji brought Kai to the school clinic. This time the nurse is not yet staying there anymore because it's already dismissal time but it's always left open and available for the students who would have hurt or injured by any chance after class hours. She put her stuffs at the side and decided to be the one in charge on curing Kai's wounds and bruises.

 

"You stubborn Kai, why did you do that? See, you've got a bruise and a bleeding wound." Eunji lead him to a sturdy chair and leaned his head at the wall. She get the first aid kit with alchohol, cotton, gauze, and band aid. While she's are putting medicine on his wound beside his lips, he is flinching in pain.

 

"Ouch." he said taken aback while moving his head at the side because of the stung of medicine.

 

"Oh I'm sorry. Stay still okay? Don't move." Kai nodded and Eunji continued her business.

 

Kai stared at Lee Eunji's pure face that is only inches apart from him. He is scrutinizing her facial features from her doe eyes down to her thin heart-shaped lips.

 

 

Kai's POV:

 

 

Her hazelnut orbs is focusing on my bleeding wound because of Myungsoo's punch earlier. Her soft white milky skin is in great contact to my face. Her innocent and brilliant heart really reflects her warm and caring personality. She don't need make up to cover up. She's ordinaily amazing just the way she is. I know that behind those little smile of hers that she's showing to me, there's still sadness in her. I know she felt bad when I punched her own bestfriend. I just can't control my fuming emotions. I don't want to see her crying again because of a jerk. Myungsoo felt disappointed too because Eunji held my hand instead of him. I can't believe that guy only see's her as his own bestfriend..nothing more.

 

 

Kai snapped back to his thoughts when Eunji finally spoke.

 

"It's done." she smiled and looked down to his eye level. 

 

"O-okay. Thank you Eunji ah." Kai smiled back showing how grateful he is.

 

"No problem. I owe you a lot since then so this is nothing compared to what you've done to me at the past."

 

"Kai, let's go home." she held his stuffs and help Kai stand up.

 

"Will you mind if I walk you home?"

 

"Is it okay with you? You should just grab some rest and sleep. You seems like you are not okay."

 

"Yes it's absolutely fine. I want to know to where do you live."

 

She agreed and the both of us exited the school premises.

 

 

 

Eunji's POV: 

 

 

Kai walked me home. We passed by the ice cream shop where me and Myungsoo usually hang out after class hours. The ahjumma there almost memorized our faces because we always go there everyday. I really felt bad leaving Myungsoo earlier in that situation. I wanted to go to him and help him stand up but my other half says that I should leave him like that. I'm really angry at him. What makes me angry is Taehee is still mocking me. I did everything to avoid being with Kim Myungsoo. I'm not a warfreak person and I only want peace. That is really maximizing my hot temper.

 

Kai probably noticed that I am staring at the shop with me doe eyes reminiscising those happy memories.

 

"You want to eat ice cream?" he asked.

 

"Uhh sure. Let's go in. My treat." I offered while smiling at him.

 

"No give me that liablity."

 

"Tssss. Fine. Next time I'll be the one okay?" he nodded.

 

We finally entered the shop. The ambiance is still like that. But why do I feel different? Is it because I'm with other person not Myungsoo? 

 

The ahjumma welcomed us. 

 

"Good afternoon kids." the ahjumma smiled at us. Her expression somehow change. Maybe she is wondering why I'm not with my great bestfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

 

 "Annyeong ahjumma~ We would like to order some ice cream. I want strawberry flavor. How about you Kai?" I asked him.

 

"Ummm...Chocolate flavor is nice." He ordered just like what Myungsoo usually request. He paid for it and we went to the table..the table when me and Myungsoo usually eats. No choice. That is the only vacant seat I can see.

 

We are now eating. Seems like Kai craved for more ice cream. Childish. He looks like he loved it. I still think about Myungsoo. Ughhh stupid. I can't let go Myungsoo out of my mind. Life is so unfair. Why am I the only one who is still head over heels for him? I want to forget him. I shooked my head and ate the cup of my melted ice cream. I didn't realized that it already melted. Seems I'm spacing out much. We are both done eating. We are both satisfied. 

 

"Let's go back here when we have time." I nodded. 

 

Kai walked me home. We are now in front of our house. I bid goodbye to him.

 

"Bye Kai! Thank you for walking me home. Take care. Watch your way home." I said while smiling.

 

"They should be the one who should take care not me." he joked and bragged.

 

"Tchhh. Whatever Mr. Poker Face." I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

 

"Bye too Bipolar bear."  He grinned and ruffled the top of my hair.

 

"Why bipolar bear? That's what you call me also when you hugged me earlier." I asked him. I'm curious.

 

"Nothing. I just feel like calling you like that. So I got to go for real. Bye." he walked to the direction of the bus stop and waved at me. I waved back. He now rode to the bus. I went into the house.

 

"Umma, Appa, Kanghee! I'm home!" I said ecstaticly and lively while removing my shoes and changing into my cute bunny slippers.

 

"Oh our daughter is here." my dad said who is currently watching the live soccer game at the television.

 

"Dad, where's mom?" I asked looking around the house.

 

"She went to the grocery store to shop some meat, fruits, vegetables and snacks."

 

"Oh okay. So I will go upstairs now appa." my dad nodded and continued watching TV.

 

I e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter