Befriend

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
       

 

 

 

  • Chapter Twenty-Four • 

 

 

"Wifey, I think I should take you home." Myungsoo said at Eunji, breaking off from their hug. Eunji simply nodded without saying anything.

 

While walking to the parking lot, the both of them are awkward. Myungsoo wanted to talk to Eunji but Eunji just walk straight and put her gaze down. She's been a mute.

 

"Eunji, is there a problem?" Myungsoo asked. Eunji just shook her head.

 

"Then please talk. This silent treatment..I hate it." Myungsoo said irritately.

 

"M-myung.." Eunji finally mumbled. Myungsoo stopped from walking.

 

"Finally you talked." Myungsoo sighed. "Why? Would you want to say something?" Eunji nodded again.

 

"I-im sorry..Your family might despise you especially Senior Kim. I know his blood boils whenever he sees me with you. He's mad at me..I think he doesn't want me to be with you," Eunji stated. "I'm sorry Myung..This is all my fault.." A tear escaped from Eunji's eyes. 

 

"Can you please stop saying sorry?! You don't owe anything. It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself! I love you and I will never leave you to marry that mere stranger I just knew yesterday!" Myungsoo unconciously raised his tone and shouted at her face. Myungsoo held her shoulders. "I confessed at you right? That you're only the one whom I will spend my whole life with, so please..please bear with me. Don't leave me okay? We can't work through this apart." Myungsoo said with full sincerity while gazing intently at her doe eyes.

 

"I'm sorry Myung..I'll never blame myself again..I love you. Please don't shout at me again..I'm sorry." Eunji cried again and hugged Myungsoo tightly. Myungsoo hugged her back and closed his eyes.

 

Nothing's gonna seperate us Jiji, I promise.

 

 

 

 

"Abeoji, please calm down." Mr. Kim caressed Senior Kim's shoulder. It seems like the elder is about to lose blood. He's too pale due to so much anger at Myungsoo.

 

"That kid..bring him here right now!! He's going to regret running away with that girl. Myungsoo will marry Choi Mirae. I'll do anything to seperate them!" Senior Kim said furiously. Mr. Kim just looked down.

 

"Abeoji, I think this is the time to accept the decision of your grandson. I don't want our Myungsoo to be like Jaejin." Mr. Kim said as he faced Senior Kim. "I don't want him..to die because of too much stress and frustration. You gave him all that Abeoji. You're the reason why he died. Myungsoo's cousin might never forgive you. You forced him to do such things he doesn't want to." After Mr. Kim talked with Senior Kim, he walked out and left the elder shocked.

 

Senior Kim is too angry. He's so ashamed to the Choi family because Myungsoo ran away with the girl he doesn't want for his grandson . That bastard.. Senior Kim call for his secretary.

 

"Anything you need, Senior Kim?" His secretary bowed and asked.

 

"Call Woollim High. One new admission. Transfer Choi Mirae there from her former school. Now." Senior Kim said while rubbing his temples.

 

"Right away Sir." With that, his secretary left the room.

 

 

 

 

Mirae's POV:

 

 

Mom is calling me downstairs but I don't feel like eating. She said that they're sorry because I've been shamefulat the middle of everyone. Myungsoo ran away without any words. I know he doesn't like me..but I do. I sighed. I'm sitting at my bed. I like Myungsoo as much as I loved someone before. When Myungsoo left me with another girl, it felt like memories flashed back. I didn't know who that girl is but she's lucky to have a friend like Myungsoo. When someone I loved betrayed me and left me alone. But what makes me sad is he left me for life. He's not coming back anymore.

 

 

 

 

Kai is walking at the corridor. He's wondering how is Eunji now. He only hopes that she's fine right now. While pacing at the dance practice room. Kai saw someone familiar. He furrowed his brows and come closer to the figure. After that he smiled. He tiptoed and hid her sight as he put his both palm in her eyes. "Good morning Bipolar bear! Guess who?" Kai greeted Eunji cheerfully, coming from nowhere.

 

"Huh?" But suddenly the girl isn't Eunji. The student turn around. With that, Kai frowned. "I'm sorry. I thought you are Eunji." Kai said nonchalantly. He's about to leave but the girl grabbed his wrist. "Jongin, let's talk."

 

They went to the mini-forest. Taehee handed the green soda to Kai and sat at the bermuda grass while Kai just casually leaned at the trunk of the tall tree.

 

"Spill." Kai said, not showing any interest at all.

 

"Umm..I just want to ask why do you hate me this much? And if whatever I did in the past that disgusted you, I'm sorry. I just can't bear you being like this to me." Taehee said. Tears started to pool in the corner of her eyes. "I'm Aekyung. Don't you believe me? Why do you need to forget me Kim Jongin! I-I love you." Taehee finally cried. Kai gazed at Taehee and saw tears streaming down her face.

 

'She's really heartbroken. Damn Jongin. You made a girl cry because of you again!' He thought. Kai's heart softened because of her spontaneous sniffs and sobs.

 

"I'm sorry Taehee, Aekyung..whoever you are. I became mad at you because of the things you did to Eunji before. You hurted her like hell. And it's not my fault to fall in love for her. She's different among any other girls on the outskirts of Seoul. But her happiness is mine too. I knew that she'll be only happy in Myungsoo's arms. I'm sacrificing my personal happiness. I don't want to be selfish." Kai walked near her. "One more thing. If you're still thinking that way then you're wrong Miss Park. I don't like you but that doesn't mean that I hate you." Kai gulped at his green soda and passed by her. It's weird but Taehee's lips curved into a small smile of relief and affection. 

 

 

Taehee's POV:

 

 

I was sniffing while looking down. Actually, I really felt bad for everything I did to Eunji. It's just that time, I'm liking Myungsoo, her bestfriend. But when Jongin came, everything came back. At first, I didn't knew that he's Kai. He's probably used to be Kai since that accident. But he's still Jongin, my first love. I'm still sobbing. Oh. I know that this day would come. When I'll finally have the courage to talk to him and ask why is he this mad at me. I looked at Jongin. He's walking towards my direction. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter