Runaway

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Ayo. Sorry for the long wait. Chapter 23 down there :)      

 

 

 

  • Chapter Twenty-Three • 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

 

I just arrived at the house and proceeded to the black leather sofa immediately. I let Jill to roam around and play. I sighed and shooked my head. Well, I'm back to my old usual self, not minding what that Choi Mirae said to me in the park a while ago. She's creepy to be very honest. It doesn't seem that I like her because I talked to her for about few minutes. Actually I'm starting to feel that she herself have a bad side. Once again, she's creeping me out.

 

"Myungsoo ah! Good morning son." Oh. Dad's voice. He's going downstairs. Hmm..is he in good mood? He sounds happy and cheerful this morning. 

 

"Oh. Hi dad. Good morning." I greeted back while turning the television on. I'm so bored. I miss Jiji, really. 

 

"Won't you eat with us?" Dad asked while pulling one of the chairs on our dining table.

 

"Hmm. I will. I'll just wash up. I just came from a early morning walk with Jill. I bet that I smell somehow odd. I'll be right back." I said as I left the television on and rushed to my bedroom.

 

As usual, I got my towel and new set of clothes. The comfortable ones. I remember the day when Eunji showered here too and even used my towel. I felt like I'm blushing. I really love her. Nothing could seperate us. I came down and greeted them. "Good morning dad, mom." I smiled a little. I kind of missed this scene. Eating together. "How about me hyung?" Moonsoo butted in and pouted. Eww. So gay bro. "Bad morning." I joked. Well, I love teasing him. "MWO? What?" He's shocked. Ha ha. "Just kidding. In fairness, you're not a lazy kid this time. Good morning bro." I smiled and ruffled the guy's hair right beside me. 

 

"So it's good that you two are getting along even we're always not here in the house. I also asked the maids how the things in here are going and they said that it's fine. Good job, Myungsoo. You've been responsible enough." Mom uttered and smiled as she put some pasta and sauce on dad's plate. Good that the maids really didn't say about me and Moonsoo's case while my parents are away. Mine is when I brought Eunji home while Moonsoo also brought his fellow gal classmate. Well, we didn't do anything bad so it's fine.

 

"Yes mom. I'm about to graduate in Senior high next year. I should be an independent one from now on. Even now, I already got a gir--" I was cut off when someone interrupted what I'll say to them.

 

"Excuse me Mr. Kim. There's a call for you." Mr. Go, our personal buttler gave the phone to dad and even did a slight bow. Dad pushed the chair backwards and left us for a while. So it's me, mom and Moonsoo that were left here in the dining room.

 

"Moonsoo ah, how's school?" Mom asked and caressed my brothers slight messy hair. "Fine mom. I'm doing good. I topped my classmates. What do you expect? Excellent and great genes from the Kims, eyy?" Moonsoo bragged. Ever conceited ever.

 

"Aigoo..My little boy. Just like his older hyung..By the way, how about you Myungsoo? You'll be graduating next year and I want you to enter Woollim University on college. You have to pass the entrance exam there, arasseo?" Mom said and smiled at me. "Yes mom. I will. I'm now definitely decided for the course that I might take. I want College of Arts in Photography." I said, continuing what she said and asked. She coughed awkwardly. 

 

"Myungsoo ah..Your dad and I already decided that you'll take a business course." Mom said as she loosen her grip on the fork stucked on the white pasta and looked at me.

 

"But mom..that's not what I like. Why would I study something for years that is vastly far from my own interest? Is that a even joke?" I can't control myself anymore. Is that a final and irrevocable decision to force me on something I barely yearn for?

 

"Hyung! Calm down." Goodness. Thanks to this little kid beside me. He can somehow make me calm. He really knows me. He's really my brother.

 

"Yeobo!" Dad's voice again. He walks again towards the dining table. I can't tell his expression clearly. It's vague. 

 

"Why?" Mom said with a concerned voice and stood up.

 

"Dad is back. Your harabeoji is back from America." I froze. He's back? T-that selfish old man who only thought of money making even had the time to come back in Korea?? What's his plan now? Moonsoo even looked down. He also didn't want harabeoji's idea of coming back. Woah. I even thought that grandpa will be rotten there for years and just sleep in his money bed. I didn't spoke. I just continue eating the white pasta lifelessly. My mood absolutely went back to zero.

 

"I hope you kids could settle some of your misunderstandings with your grandpa." I sighed and put my fork down. "I'm leaving first." I said and went upstairs. I entered my room and clutched my back on my bed, thinking of the next happenings that might ruin all I have because of my grandfather's selfishness.

 

 

 

 

Eunji's POV:

 

Woah. Those gowns are quite itchy!! Arghh. It's so uncomfortable because guys are staring at me. If you're asking me where I am, I'm here at the grocery store. I'm planning to cook for Myungsoo a bento tomorrow so I'm buying the ingredients. I knew that I'm not good in cooking but still it can be learned, right? I walk until I smiled at myself. Silly. I looked at the other side of the grocery store and what shocked me is that I saw a familiar girl. She's the girl I saw talking with Myung's harabeoji in the coffee shop yesterday as if they're having some fun time in there. She's even with her white male terrior dog, just like Jill. She's sure influential because as what I knew, No pets allowed. I wonder how did she entered the grocery store with her dog. Is she owning this entire grocery shop? I just shooked my head.

 

I may be stupid but I really felt curious at her. I did a small eavesdrop at my left side.

 

"Hmm..Myungie will love these right? Right Jack?" So she's asking her dog.  "As what Senior Kim said yesterday, he loves kimchi and ddeokboki. I can't wait to make those foods for him everyday." W-what? What is the meaning of that? I felt my knees are becoming weak. Could there be a possibility that..NO! NO! Myungsoo loves me. He wouldn't make rush decision like what I think. Screw it. Forget it already Jiji. I rushed out of the store, not getting the stuffs and the ingredients I got on my cart. I dashed to get a cab and to Myungsoo's house.

 

 

   

Myungsoo didn't realized that he's been asleep until someone knocked on his door. The person outside consistently knocked at his door until he himself stood up half awake and irritatingly held the door knob to reveal that stubborn person.

 

"Who the heck are you and why are you disturbing my slee--" Myungsoo was cut off because of a girl's warm hug. From the way she hugs him, Myungsoo knew that it's her. 

 

"God. I've missed you." Myungsoo hugged the girl tightly and caressed the back of her long wavy hair.

 

"I miss you too, Myung." Eunji chuckled and nuzzled at Myungsoo's broad chest as she continue to hug him. Eunji's voice is mixed with confusion and sadness but she decided to wash that thing off.

 

They both went inside Myung's bedroom. "So are you excited about the Prom night?" Myungsoo pulled out and smiled at his girlfriend. "I can imagine how stunning you'll be." Myungsoo continued. With that, Eunji blushed and tainted pink is now evident on her cheeks.

 

The two of them sat on the mattress. "Sungyeollie even said that he should've court me first before you did. His voice is full of regrets but I knew that all of those are just fake jokes." Eunji playfully giggled and looked at Myungsoo's now pissed-off face.

 

"Arghh. That damn Lee Sungyeol. I wanna face that kid, really!" Myungsoo ruffled his hair but instead Eunji tiptoed and gave Myungsoo a light peck. "Don't be jealous, eung? I already read your email as soon as I got my phone from Yeol. He even hid it. I'll possibly accuse him for secretly liking his bestfriend's girlfriend." Myungsoo decided to rest his head on Eunji's lap while his girlfriend is sliding her slender fingers through his messy hair. This is his favorite spot. Her lap.  Eunji chuckled at the playful Myung and leaned again on Myung's ear. Eunji whispered something.

 

"But you know...I only love you right? Right Myung?" 

 

"Of course. That's always stucked on my mind. Woah. One hundred and five love confession, wifey." Myungsoo looked up directly on Eunji's eyes and smiled sweetly at her.

 

"Yah!! You're calling me wifey now??" Eunji pouted and pressed Myungsoo's button nose. Deep inside, she's dying. Full of love feels.

 

"What's the problem with that? You'll be my future wife too.  I'll only want you. I'll only need you. And you're the only person I want to spend my life with. I don't want to be apart with you even just for a day. I can't believe that I endured those times that I only see you as my bestfriend. I'm sorry but I'm this babo..Babo and stupid for you."

 

"Then, are you willing to be my hubby?"

 

"I'm just waiting for the right time. But I'm always willing." With that, Myungsoo stood up and grabbed something from his lamp night stand. He got an empty soda can and detached its tab. He held Eunji's hand and inserted that round metal thing that really fit to her slim ring finger. 

 

"You're now engaged and you can't love other man besides me, understand?" Eunji is speechless. She just simply nodded and smiled widely.

 

Myungsoo..It bothers me..The mysterious girl..Your grandfather..About what they've talked  about that day which concerns you the most..Are they planning to be in the picture of our love story? Please. Tell me. You'll only love me. I'll be your one and only. Please keep your promise that you'll only marry me someday. Because if I'll be the one to be asked, I'll say yes with no hesitations.

 

 

 

 

"Myungsoo. Be down at ten minutes We'll be leaving at 18:00." Myungsoo's father said from their living room. Sound of rushing maids and buttlers downstairs can be heard.

 

"Mr. Myungsoo, which shoe will you use?" His personal buttl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter