Choi Mirae

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      Chapter 22 :) Enjoy!      

 

 

 

  • Chapter Twenty-Two • 

 

 

Kai can still feel the knots that were tied in his now poor heart. Knots of mixed PAIN, ANGST and SORROW.

 

Maybe..I'm not the one for her.

 

Kai smiled bitterly once again. He can't helplessly avoid his attention to Eunji, who is now smiling sweetly at her family, friends, Infinite and towards her boyfriend.

 

He walked to the dark street and alleys. He walked as if his whole were lifeless and floating. He doesn't care if he'll bump to the other people. He doesn't give a damn and didn't even bother to say or mutter a simple 'sorry' .

 

Kai can sense that there is someone who is perseveringly trailing on him. But..who? Is it a gang? Is it EXO? 

 

As what I've said, he doesn't care. He just walked to a secluded dark area where he can cry and be alone. He sat at the cold ground while brushing his palm on his face harshly. He let out uncontrollable sobs. He''s so pitiful right now.

 

"J-jongin.." A familiar voice popped out from nowhere.

 

Is someone calling my name? Or am I going insane now?

 

"Jongin..I'm..here." A voice of a girl called.

 

I know that voice..

 

"Who are you? Did you trailed after me?" Kai asked.

 

"If I'll show my face and reveal who I am..you'll be freaking mad at me. So I decided that I won't. Just rant at me. Cuss if you can. If all I can do for now is to ease your pain and listen to you, then fine. I'll do it." The girl uttered. Her face wasn't revealed because of the dim light.

 

"I don't know..All I want is to die to end this pain. It ing hurts..."

 

"No. I'll be sad for sure."

 

"Who are you?! Leave me alone! You don't even know me so stop saying that you'll be sad. "

 

"You know me Jongin. You know me that well. It's just.." The concerned girl heaved out a sad and a deep sigh.."You just forgot me."

 

 

 

 

Taehee's POV:

 

"Who are you?! Leave me alone! You don't even know me so stop saying that you'll be sad." Jongin said furiously. Even hearing my voice makes him despise me even more. Jongin..DO YOU HATE ME THAT MUCH?

 

"You know me Jongin. You know me that well. It's just.." I heaved out a sad and a deep sigh.."You just forgot me."

 

Even though it's dark, I can see his sorrowful eyes, gazing downwards. A tear escaped from his eye. I don't know what made him cry..Eunji having a boyfriend or is he even bothered why am I even trailing after me. I'm sorry Kai..it's just I can't let you go.

 

About Myungsoo..We actually had a contract, the week he transformed to be a kingka. Why? Just a simple reason. To make his bestfriend jealous. Well at first, I didn't considered that but I eventually agreed, too. We're both a kingka and a queenka that time and those stupid people really believed that Myungsoo and I were actually a couple. Great. But it's a thing too. I actually fell for Myungsoo. I really loved him. I really did. 

 

All those times, I became possessive. I actually thought about me and Myungsoo's contract as a true one. I'm afraid to be left by the one I love. And the worse is..to be forgotten because of his amnesia. Why did that night even came? The Prom night. The night that will end everything between me and Kai. Damn it. Why am I even the innocent Aekyung? I've been tired of it. I became a one true . Well, based on the experience. I don't want to be the old Aekyung I used to be. 

 

But to be honest, me and Myungsoo never kissed passionately like how he kissed his own bestfriend, Lee Eunji, on the role play. I'm really, really jealous to her. She had Infinite with her side. And what made me hate her more is...She even got Kai's heart. Because of her..Kai can't return my love now because he's blindly in love with her. So..he's not the only one..He's not the only person who's now loosing a sanity..who isn't feel that ing pain. Me too. Is there any other pain? Considering me being forgotten and seeing my ex-boyfriend smiling and hurting because of another girl? Damn.

 

 

 

A month after:

 

"Wake up. Ireona!!" A voice of a guy spoke as he shook the ever sleeping Eunji gently.

 

"Yah! Shhh~~Shut up, will you? I'm so damn ing sleepy so --"

 

"Hmm..Will you want me to shut you up in my own little way, girlfriend?"

 

With that, Eunji immediately sat up on her bed, seeing a smirking Myungsoo at the side of her bed. Myungsoo wanted to tease Eunji more so he leaned his face closer to Eunji's.

 

"Y-yah! Go away." Eunji shooed him playfully while different shades of pink hover on her now burning cheeks. Well, seeing your boyfriend as handsome as ever like Kim Myungsoo, won't you blush?

 

"Fine. Stand up. Let's go to school together." Myungsoo smiled and hugged her as he sweetly help Eunji to stand up.

 

"Err. I'll stand up on my own Myung. I smell awful. Morning breath isn't as fresh as the morning too." Eunji reminded as she took a distance from Myungsoo.

 

"Are you becoming more self concious, my lady? You don't need too. You'll always smell like mixed vanilla and strawberry scent no matter what." With that, Eunji blushed again. Aish this Myungie. He really chose the words he'll say, did he?

 

 

 

 

"Oppa? I'll call you what?" Eunji unconciously muttered as Eunji and Myungsoo walked at the main lobby, towards the cafeteria. 

 

"Call me oppa. Just for a day or two or three? Please, baby?" Myungsoo pleaded while he put an arm on Jiji. Eunji bit her lips as she tried to restrain her laughter. Oppa? WTF is he even serious? Well, that feels so new.

 

"Yah!!! Jiji, what's funny with that? Is my request bad? Are you ashamed of me?" Myungsoo pouted while crossing his arms. He acted as if he's mad at his girlfriend.

 

"Well nothing. Your face is so funny, oppa." Eunji said as she puked and kissed Myungsoo's right cheek and abruptly ran away.

 

 

 

 

"Wait..did Lee Eunji called our Myungsoo her oppa? Does that mean that Eunji and Myungsoo are now dating together?"

 

"I don't know too. He even got our Kai oppa before. A just used him to date L oppa and make him jealous. She's such a freak user."

 

"So is she now L oppa's girl?"

 

"I can't believe it. I knew that she's only a bestfriend for Myungsoo. They don't even look good together. Duhh."

 

Eunji can hear murmurs of rumors and overheards around her. She can't take it. As if she can, but she's in the verge of tearing up and crying.

 

"She didn't used me. She loves Myungsoo. They love each other. Stop bugging her, please. That doesn't make any sense. Or else, you'll have to face me." A cool guy from a far walked casually towards her while his both hands were in his pockets. A headphone was also lying still on his neck. It's like..the first time they met each other. Kai.

 

"Uhh..Ehh..Kai oppa..Annyeong!" Girls started to bat their eyelashes. es. Double faced. Kai didn't even took a glimpse on them but instead, he diverted his gaze and attention on Eunji.

 

"Bipolar bear. Don't cry, please." Kai whispered on her. Just like in any relationship, especially if one of them is popular, some can't stay away from hates and more. Kai held her wrist and walked away.

 

 

 

 

"T-hank you Kai ssi.." Eunji thanked fervently as she took a sip at her comfort drink while sniffing.

 

"So how are you feeling right now? My polo is now wet because of your tears and I'm blaming you this time." Kai simply chuckled and eyed the sniffing girl beside him.

 

"Does that even taste good? You're like a child..Obsessed with a banana milk."

 

"Tchhh. Whatever. But still, thanks a lot Kai. You're really saving me whenever I need someone to cry on."

 

"Still no changes. It's been a month since we last talked ayt? So how are you and Math?" Yes, that's true. After Kai cried, he decided to stay away from Eunji for a while. He decided to do that because if he just force himself to be with her always, then that up pain 

 

"Well, after I received a grade of B+ last quarter, I got my gadgets back. And my parents became so beyond happy, too. All thanks to you for being patient, Kai ssi." Eunji smiled sincerely at Kai. She's really thankful because of those Math tutoring sessions.

 

"Why does it feel so strange? That formality. Stop calling me 'ssi'..It's just a month. Nothing changed. We're still friends right?" Kai randomly asked at her. They're now sitted on the bench at the school gazebo. The same actual spot where they first met.

 

"I don't want everything for me and you to be awkward Kai..It's just you've been distant to me. Why? Don't you ever realized how I kind of missed you presence? It's nice to have a friend like you..I never regretted that I met you. You've been always my guardian angel. You'll always be."

 

"Still no chance? But what's with Myungsoo that I don't have? I'm handsome, cool and way smarter than him? But why??" Kai asked at Eunji and laughed, not taking it seriously.

 

I just want some closure Eunji. I need to move on. It's been a month but the pain I felt that night, it's constant. It remained the same. It never changed.

 

"Honestly speaking..I like you Kai." With that Kai grinned at the thought of Eunji confessing at her that she likes him. "Ever since I met you, I became happy and bubbly. When Myungsoo isn't around, you're always there. You're my mushroom. You always pop out from nowhere on the times I didn't expected, just like what happened earlier. You saved me from being hurt once again."

 

"That's my job anyways..to show up at the times when Myungsoo isn't with you, right?" Kai stated. Eunji looked at him who is now smiling. She can't figure it out those eyes. Is he mad or what? Is he sure fine? Those things run out on Eunji's mind. She somehow felt guilty.

 

"I'm sorry Kai..It's just --"

 

"Shhh." Kai cupped her lips with his forefinger. "No need to apologize Bipolar bear.. Hearing those words that you at least like me..It's like a melody in my ears. Thank you." Kai smiled, but sadness is still evident in those doe eyes.

 

"Kai..please..don't make me feel so sorry. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter