Starry Night

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry for the very very slow update. I'll be updating during our Christmas break :) I promise.

 

So  Chapter 21 is up. Enjoy! 

 

 

 

 

  • Chapter Twenty-One • 

 

 

Eunji's POV:

 

 

"W-what?? Are you kidding me?? All of these??" I shouted while blabbering all the things running in my now compliated mind. Oh no. How to survive this day??

 

"Hmm. Of course Miss Lee Eunji. We'll be studying all of these. Let's get started." My new tutor said calmly as he started to write some math problems I'm going to solve for our first 'math tutoring session' today. Oh. He's kinda strict, isn't he?

 

We are seated inches away from each other. I stared at him carefully. He looks like a genius with his cute nerdy get up just for me to be in mood. He probably saw me as bored as hell when I knew that our session will start today. This guy is sure weird. I smiled privately. I put my gaze on the paper as he continue to write the ones I'm going to solve. After minutes of scribbling, he gave me the paper with 50 item questions with complicated equations. Looks like a long long quiz for me. These many??

 

"I'll give you half an hour to solve and answer all of that Miss Lee." My tutor said in a nonchalant tone of speaking, having a serious facial expression cosplay rather than the playful,childish and weird one I always know. I can't help but to laugh because of those thick eyeglasses he wore. As if like he's using it while dancing. I chuckled once again.

 

"Take it seriously." He uttered as he saw me chuckle earlier. "Fine, Mr. Poker face as ever." I pouted, earning his first chuckle for this day since he arrived at our house. "Just to warn you. 24 minutes left but you didn't get to answer the first Math problem. Tchh." He retorded. Oh shoot. He's right. I'm not yet answering any of these. But wait..did he do and thought all these problems and math equations just by himself? I mean he did not even peeked on a book? Such a genius. I should be answering now.

 

 

After 30 minutes:

 

 

"5..4..3 " Kai counted through his slim fingers as he try to tease his student. "

 

"Wait!! I'm almost done. Damn it." Eunji said. She's pissed. This is the very first time that she came to slowly understand something in Math. Thanks to him. She's on rush now but he still continue to have a countdown. She's getting more nervous. But seriously..some of the questions on her answer sheet were so plain difficult. Is Kai making fun of me? Ughh.

 

"...2..1..Time's up." Her great tutor grinned at how she had a little bit of interest when it comes to Math.

 

"I'm gonna check your answers..Hold on and let's see what will be your score Bipolar bear." Kai said at the girl beside him as she tap her pen on her chin, hoping for a passing score.

 

"Okay. I'll just get some snacks downstairs." Eunji is about to exit the bedroom but her phone vibrated, receiving one new message.

 

 

To: Jiji ^o^

From: Myung ^o<

 

[  Jiji, where are you? Too bad for you for not witnessing my game. We won :) I need some congratulatory greetings. Should you give me some? ^^ ]

 

At her Myungsoo's text message, she can't help but to mentally giggle. Meanwhile, Kai who is acting busy on checking her answer sheet could sense that Myungsoo is the one who texted so he peeked from his back and he's right. He saw Eunji smiling unconciously grinning ear to ear while holding her phone with both hands.

 

Myungsoo you should be happy..you can make the girl I like smile 

 

Kai felt like jealousy crawled its way to his broken heart.

 

I know..I'm not the one who can make you that happy like how Myungsoo can.. Deflated shoulders and sad expression were now evident on Kai.

 

 

 

 

Kai just dismissed Eunji in their first tutoring session and decided to go to his hyung's place. Even though his heart was tortured seeing Eunji smiling because of another guy, he's somehow thankful because at least he'll have a reason seeing and meeting up with Eunji often. Kai still thought about Eunji's bubbliness while she meticulously answer the Math problems given by Kai. But that disappointed face of her keeps on replaying on Kai's mind when she only got 16/50.

 

Seems like I should discuss to her about our everyday tutoring appointment with me.

 

Kai still grinned, earning a tease from his hyung, Xiumin. "Our Kai seems so happy ehhh?" Xiumin appeared from nowhere. Xiumin sat on the couch beside Kai while putting an arm around him.

 

"H-hyung...Thank you." Kai stuttered and thanked Xiumin whole heartedly with full of gratification.

 

 

Flashback:

 

 

"Do you really love her?" The older asked Jongin.

 

"I do." Kai nodded frankly.

 

"Why don't you give it a try? Who knows? She might have the mutual feelings just like what you have." Xiumin tried to encourage Kai, hoping for a more lightened up face.

 

"Impossible." Kai spoke firmly.

 

"Why?"

 

"She's madly  in love. With her bestfriend." Kai uttered in a pity tone and covered his face with his right palm, feeling frustrated.

 

"Jongin ah! Go change now, I think I can help you." Xiumin said, brotherly patted his friend's shoulder and smiled convincingly at Kai.

 

I hope this can help him. I really hope.

 

 

Tuesday

 

Xiumin knocked at the faculty room looking for Miss Hwang,their Math teacher.

 

'This is one thing left that I can do for Kai to at least make him happy' Xiumin thought as he hope that he can at least help the broken hearted Kai.

 

"Excuse me? Are you looking for someone oppa?" A cute simple girl batted her eyelashes, asking Xiumin if he somehow needs some kind of lend she's able to lend.

 

"Uhh. Hi. I would like to ask if you perhaps saw Miss Hwang?" Xiumin asked to the girl as he rub his neck sheepishly, roaming his sight around the corridor.

 

"Miss Hwang?? I saw her earlier at her last Math class, AB-201. The room is between the music room and the theater. Miss Hwang is probably there." The girl pointed the direction up to there. Xiumin smiled genuinely at her that made her faint a little.

 

"Thank you. By the way you're cute." Xiumin winked at her. He finally thanked her and the girl gave a slight bow. After Xiumin's mind battle if which direction he'll go, he finally saw the room where the girl instructed her to go. As he walk casually he heard a familiar piece being played sincerely on the piano. The famous piano piece. Yiruma's River Flows In You. The melody is melancholic, leaving a sad feeling for someone who hears it. Seems like the one who plays is sad, too. Xiumin thought as his feet walk its way towards the music room to peek who is the one playing the piano. He's a bit startled to see that it's a girl. A girl whom Xiumin believed he already met and saw before. 

 

"A-aekyung?"

 

 

 

 

"Ohh..so Xiumin talked to Miss Hwang to request if Kai could be appointed as Eunji's personal tutor?" Luhan asked to Sehun as he raise his feet to the side of the big leather couch.

 

"Yes hyung and Miss Hwang agreed since Eunji noona's grade in Math is flunking." Sehun explained at Luhan as his hyung chuckled.

 

"Xiumin's really a guardian angel. Or should I say a love cupid between the two, too?" Luhan continued to utter as he nodded, having a self realization as he is hoping that it wouldn't be awkward and painful if ever Eunji would make a decision in the future that will hurt either Kai or Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

The next day, Eunji is now well-dressed and is now ready for school. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, fixing her hair on a messy yet stylish bun that will best complement her fair white skin tone. She went downstairs and got her stuffs as she greeted her parents who were now sitted on the dining area.

 

"Hmmm. Not a slow turtle now? You'll not be late this time Eunji. It's a bit early my princess. What makes you go to school an hour before the class?" Her dad teased that made her blush. Actually, she'll be welcoming Myungsoo at the school gate to give her personally made chocolate cookies that she pursuingly baked last night.

 

"Nothing dad. It's just that I wanted to go to school with the early sunshine over me." Eunji said as she smiled at her dad while sipping her banana milk.

 

"Ohhh..So can you explain those baking materials at the kitchen you've used last night? Your mom woke up and the kitchen is in a complete mess. Did you made chocolate cookies for someone, princess?" 

 

"Uhh-uhh.." Eunji stuttered, thinking the words she's supposed to say.

 

"Noona made some for Myungsoo oppa! She did not even made one for me." Kanghee crossed his arms and pouted like a fish. Cutie.

 

"Is that true? Our daughter is so sweet. I remembered your dad and mine's sweet highschool memories. I can't believed your growing up now Eunji." Mrs. Lee's eyes were now like twinkling stars, reminiscing those old romantic times.

 

Eunji blushed even more. She decided to leave first. Did they already forgot what date is today? Eunji pouted as she slip her shoes and dashed outside the house. But what startled her is a fancy bike with a front basket. She's in awe. There's a note at the handle.

 

'Happy birthday Princess! Our birthday gift for you. We love you.' From: Dad, Mom and Kanghee.

 

 

Yes. You're right. It's Eunji's BIRTHDAY.

 

 

 

 

"Annyeong Jiyoon ah!" Eunji playfully said as she sat at her bestfriend's desk, making her Jiyoon remember something special today. Her birthday.

 

"Oh! So you're here Eunji. How are you? This day is sure boring. No sight of Hoya." Jiyoon pouted and acted sad.

 

Hmmm..Boring day? It's my birthday! Don't you remember? 

 

The bell finally rang. As usual, the class started and everyone is literally bored. What Eunji made sad even more is..no one's able to remember her birthday today. Well, her parents is an exception since they're the one who first greeted her and gave her a bike as a gift, which she rode on her way to Woollim High. She's about to doze off on her desk but her phone silently vibrated. Eunji peeked under her desk while she read the message.

 

To: Jiji ^o^

From: Myung ^o<

 

[ Still no congratulatory message for me? Aww. That's awful you know >3<  ]

 

To: Myung ^o<

From:  Jiji ^o^

 

[ Still have class. Let's talk later Myungie :-) ]

 

Eunji smiled sweetly as if she's gazing into Myungsoo's eyes but she immediately closed her phone, realizing that her teacher shoot weird stares at her. She just sighed and started to take lecture notes.

 

 

Damn it. He's definitely taking me to another world.

 

 

 

 

"H-hey. Congratulations Myung!" Eunji said shyly as she hand the chocolate cookies placed in a cute polka-dot box, that she made last night.

 

"What's these?" Myungsoo asked her.

 

"A trash?" Eunji said with a different unusual tone. Take note of the sarcasm.

 

"Seriously?" Myungsoo even chuckled .

 

"Why don't you try opening it you freak." Eunji sighed and rolled her eyes heavenward.

 

"O-ohhh. Calm down Jiji. I'll take a look." Myungsoo finally gave up and opened the tupperware, revealing chocolate cookies with colorful letters decorated on it that says '♥♥♥ KMSL, Congratulations Infinite's Player # 3 ♥♥♥'  

 

"Y-you made these?" Myungsoo stared at the cookies with awe and amazement.

 

"Of course, I made those. You might cry if you won't receive a congratulatory message from me since you've been bugging me the day you won the gam--." Eunji was cut-off when Myungsoo stuffed a single cookie. He did the same and ate a cookie too.

 

"It tastes great. Thank you."

 

"Really??"

 

"Yeah. Thank you." Myungsoo nodded and stood up from the bench. He held Eunji's hand.

 

"Y-yah! Where are we going?" Eunji asked, startled at Myungsoo's sudden pull.

 

"A peaceful place that's been a part of us." 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

It's already 5:00 P.M. in the late afternoon. Eunji and I are now on the school's parking lot. I gave her a pink helmet as I put mine. 

 

"W-wait. Don't tell me..We'll ride a motorbike? Is that yours???" She pointed at my motor while her voice kind of trembles.

 

"Yes. That is mine." I confidently said.

 

"Uhh..Should we commute instead?? What do you think Myung??" Her fear is evident on her quite scared tone which is unusual for the brave Jiji I know.

 

"Why? Are you afraid?? I'm here. You can lean on my back and envelope my waist with your arms. I will protect you. Nothing bad will happen. I won't allow it. Trust me okay??" I think my Eunji's still afraid to ride a motorbike. It's like she had a little accident when she rode this with her cousin before and traumatized her. I want her to feel safe. I want her to overcome what fears she's been feeling..with me.

 

"Come on." I pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter