Goodbye

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 • Chapter Fourteen • 

 

 

"Eunji ah, are you awake?" Myungsoo asked.

 

No response.

 

"So would you mind of I say these 3 special words while you're asleep?" Myungsoo asked once again.

 

No response.

 

"You'll regret. Just wake up. I'll tell you something."

 

No response. Seems like Eunji's really on a deep slumber.

 

"Jiji..will you hate me if I say that..."

 

No response.

 

"I like you?"

 

The stillness of Eunji is still there, sleeping while her head resting on his lap; no any movements. Myungsoo heaved a deep sigh.

 

"Maybe I'll just say it next time pabo." Myungsoo just shook and leaned his head on the cold wall. He tried to fix the black jacket around your body and closed his eyes and tried to sleep with all his might. He just confessed his true romantic feelings over his bestfriend. He didn't even regret. Maybe this is just the right time.

 

6:17 A.M

 

"Woo hoo woo hoo Woo hoo woo hoo Oh baby yo
Woo hoo woo hoo Woo hoo woo hoo

Oh baby you, listen to this song, I sing this song for you
Just only you, look into my two eyes, they’re only looking at you

You’re Ma boo boo boo, I go crazy over y--"

 

 

Myungsoo phone rang. He rubbed his temples and fished out his phone from his pocket.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" he asked still half asleep with a husky voice.

 

"Yah Myungsoo oppa!! Where are you?" Taehee asked almost shouting at the other line.

 

"Hmmm..You don't need to know. I will skip the first class today."

 

"But where are you? Everyone's worried about you..Myungsoo just tell me where you ar--" Taehee was cut off when Myungsoo caught Eunji glaring at her.

 

"Yah! I thought you left your phone at your locker?" Eunji asked raising her left brow and hit Myungsoo's shoulder playfully.

 

"Umm..I-I..I didn't know t-that it's here. I'm sorry." He smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. Actually it's really his intention to lie last night and say that his phone was placed at his locker. He really brought it with him, he just don't say it to Eunji.

 

"Aishh! Babo!" Eunji ruffled Myungsoo's hair while smiling brightly. She didn't even regret that they've been locked at the rooftop the whole night.

 

"So did you sleep well last night?" Myungsoo asked her.

 

"Not really. But well it's kinda fine, but not that well. How about you?"

 

"Same. I can't entirely sleep the whole night." Silence engulfed the both of them. Only the sound of the wind and chirping of birds at the rooftop can be heard.

 

"You know Myung..." Eunji broke the silence.

 

Should I say it to him?

 

"What is it?"

 

"I had a weird dream last night. I-It's just short but it's about you and m-me. You said that you perhaps lik--ughhh nevermind!" she stammered while playing her fingers.

 

"It's not a dream. It's true." Myungsoo mumbled under his breath, only audible for him to hear.

 

I know what is she talking about. It's my sudden confession last night.

 

Suddenly, they heard the door of the rooftop being opened. 

 

"MYUNGSOO!!! WE'RE SAVED!! Gyeongbiwon-nim, thank y---" Eunji was cut off when Myungsoo put his palm on Eunji's lips.

 

"Shhhhhh~ Stay quiet. He might think it another way the reason why we are here alone." Eunji obediently followed Myungsoo's command and stay calm.

 

"Is there anybody here?" The school guard roam around the rooftop. His shadow can be seen by the two that made them anxious.

 

"Hmmm..Seems like they're not here Mr. Kim." The school guard said to someone.

 

Mr. Kim?

 

 

Eunji's POV:

 

 

"Shhhhhh~ Stay quiet. He might think it another way the reason why we are here alone." Myungsoo said to me with a morning hoarse voice. Ughh. How can I take this. I just followed Myungsoo's command and stay calm. We're so close.

 

"Is there anybody here?" Gyeongbiwon-nim roam and walked around the rooftop. His shadow can be seen by Myungsoo and I that made us a little bit nervous. What if the guard might really think of something?

 

"Hmmm..Seems like they're not here Mr. Kim." The school guard said to someone.

 

Mr. Kim? I then heard Kai's voice. He's really here. I didn't expect this. I know his class will be start at 10 A.M but why did he go at school so early?

 

"Really? but..."

 

"Thank you for accompanying us here Gyeonbiwon-nim. You may leave now." I heard Kai's friend's voice. He thanked the guard and eventually the guard walked away and went downstairs.

 

"But hyung..what if something happened to her?" Worriedness is visible on Kai's trembling voice. I reallly want the show up. I'm about to stand up but Myungsoo halted and suddenly hugged me like he don't want me to let go.

 

"Maybe they found a way out from the rooftop. Or maybe she called you earlier before they were locked? Think positive Jongin. I think she's safe. The girl you like is safe." 

 

"The girl you like is safe."

"The girl you like is safe."

"The girl you like is safe."

"The girl you like is safe."

 

That statement keeps ringing on my mind for about a hundred times. My eyes widen.

 

"Suho hyung, do you think she's really safe? She's not even at their house. The worst is she's with Myungsoo." Kai hissed. Is he still in bad terms with Myung?

 

"What's the matter there? Myungsoo is her bestfriend so it's it's nothing for him if they're alone together." Ouch. That hurts.

 

"I-I think so." Kai and Suho's voice disappeared. They probably went downstairs too.

 

Myungsoo loosen his grip around your waist. You faced each other. He gazed at you seriously.

 

"See? Kai likes you." his tone suddenly changed.

 

"B-but..I thought he only sees me as a friend like you do."

 

"Don't go near him."

 

"Why?" I asked. What's with my bestfriend's expression? Kinda weird and creepy.

 

"I'm jealous."

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo walked me home. He explained everything to my parents the reason why I didn't went home yesterday. He said that the both of us we're trapped at the school's rooftop. My parents trusted his words since they treated him like their very own son. My classes will resume later 10 A.M, same schedule as Kai. 

 

"Myungsoo ah, wanna eat breakfast here?" my mom asked while cooking the mushroom soup and serving the brewed green tea to us. I can sense that Myungsoo looks pale but why?

 

"It's okay auntie. My parents are probably looking for me too. I'm leaving first." he then bowed to my parents and left.

 

After eating breakfast with my parents, I excused myself first and went upstairs. My classes will start later 10 A.M, same schedule with Kai. I eyed the clock in my bedroom "8:28 A.M." I still have the time to bring this at the laundry shop. I removed Myung's black coat, the thing which gave me warmth last night, and fold it nicely.

 

"I should return this back." I smiled and placed it inside my bag. I had a warm shower, dressed up and fixed my light brown hazelnut hair into a messy bun. I left our house once again and proceeded at the laundry shop.

 

I'm at the front of the laundry shop now. I handed it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter