It's Over?

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

 

 

  • Chapter Thirty-One • 

 

 

"Nana, meet Lee Eunji, my bestfriend."  I smiled bitterly as that thought still trails after me even though I'm about to close my eyes. What am I really to him? Why can't he introduce me to other people? Am I a lacking girlfriend? Am I not enough? I sat up on my bed. It's 2:34 a.m but still, I can't sleep or doze off either. Everytime I'll shut my eyes tight, I'll think of the way Myungsoo said it like he doesn't give a care. He's been back on being a jerk. His awful and careless treatment towards me. Myungsoo didn't even bother to call me. Good thing I have L.joe beside me that time or else I might stumbled down and faint.

 

From: L.joe oppa:

 

Hey. Are you fine? 

 

A message was sent on me. Is he still awake? And why is there an 'oppa' beside his contact name? This guy. I didn't gave permission to. He's getting into my nerves. But I'm still thankful to L.joe even for a bit. I'm fine having him and he accompanying the helpless and broke Eunji.

 

To: L.joe oppa:

W

 

Yeah. I am. Don't bother about it. Just sleep. Good night, Byung Hun.

 

I'm a great actress and I pretended to be fine even though, what Myungsoo said is assassinating the inner me. I clutched my chest. I can't breathe fine because of my uncontrollable sobs. I hate you, Myungsoo.

 

 

"Good morning!" I greeted cheerfully as I stepped into the Teenz On Top cafe. I decided to skip school today and I excused myself to Jiyoon that I'm not feeling well. 

 

The bell hanging above at the glass door rang and Changjo seems so startled to see my presence. I should be working after class because L.joe allowed me to. He said that he will be lending me the special late afternoon to night shift because I still need to go to school and study then afterwards, I'll have my working hours at five to nine in the late night.

 

"Noona, you're here already?" Changjo who is now still on his casual apparel greeted me at the threshold of the cafe's entrance. It just means that It's still early in the morning and I'm already here before the cafe opens. "Wouldn't you greet me a good morning too, Changjo?" I tried to laugh to and at the same time to forget the heavy feeling and pain I'm feeling right now. I'm between the range of love and friendship for Myungsoo, I think. 

 

"Yes and I'm here to work," I said and entered the locker room. If you think that I should be quitting this job then it's wrong. I knew that my real intention in working in this cafe is to get money for my Myungsoo's graduation gift to him. As what I've said, I want to buy a gift with the money that I earned because of my effort, not the money my parents are lending me. It's just my first day yesterday but this feels like home and besides, I've earned friends. Teen top.

 

 

"Lee Eunji?" Their teacher asked in the class but no one responded. Jiyoon raised her hand. 

 

"Yes Miss Choi? You have something to ask?" Her teacher asked. Jiyoon shook her head and stood up. "I just want to say that Eunji is absent because she's sick. She'll probably resume classes the day after tomorrow." Jiyoon politely said and her teacher seems to beieve what his student just said. Jiyoon knew it seems she called Eunji without even expecting that a crying Eunji will answer from the other line.

 

Myungsoo is having his thoughts in his mind. Eunji still goes to school even she's sick. His girlfriend can endure the physical sickness that is torturing her body but the emotional ilness and being heartbroken, she can't. Myungsoo remembered that Eunji leave classes for three consecutive days because she said that she's sick but the truth is she's really hurt when Myungsoo slapped her because of Taehee. 

 

Myungsoo is worried as hell. He can't even focus to solve the Math problems the teacher is giving on them even though he can normally answer a 20 item test within five to eight minutes only. Eunji's absence has a really big impact on him. He misses her so much.

 

 

"Lee Byung Hun! We're are you dragging me this time? I still have to work." Eunji was struggling away from L.joe as he take her outside the cafe . As much as she tries to neglect and ignore L.joe's presence, the more he becomes a persistent snail towards her.

 

"Don't get Chunji's working time shift. You are not a super girl, Eunji. I'm their manager hyung in this cafe.. I can still pay for your day even though you don't do your job," L.joe said and threw the apron E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter