Double Date?

Between Love & Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 • Chapter Eleven • 

 

 

 

But there's this one thing I assure to myself for Eunji...

      I will never give up on you.  

 

Kai just woke up. He is staring at the ceiling with a blank expression. He's still thinking about the heartbreaking scene yesterday when Eunji called Myungsoo's name for help instead of him. He have dark circles under his eyes because he did not manage to sleep well till six in the early dawn morning. He became really firm about his decision. Not sudden nor planned. He just felt like he wanted Eunji to be always on his side. He'll do everything.

 

 

Eunji's POV:

 

 

It's a sunny Saturday morning .6:48 AM. I woke up when someone texted me.

 

 

Ting! My SMS alert.

 

 

I reached for my phone under my fluffy pillow and saw the message. A smile emerged on my lips. Glad he texted me. I've been calling him last night for about fifty five times but all of those were just transferred to voicemail. I wonder what happened.

 

 

Kai: Good morning Bipolar bear :)

Eunji: Good morning too Mr. Poker face :) Just woke up ㅋㅋㅋ

Kai: Me too. So how are you? Feeling well now?

Eunji: Well yeah, kinda. Just caught some colds. Sad for me. I feel really sick :(

Kai: Oh, get well soon. Bears don't catch some cold easily. Fighting!! So I got to go.

Eunji: Okay, take care Kai. 

Kai: They should be the one who should take care, not me :P

 

 

The conceitedness of that guy strikes again. I did not reply to our conversation and just log in my blog account. I saw some articles in our unofficial blog page about me drowning yesterday and have been saved by the two hottest guys in our campus. One is my bestfriend, Myungsoo and one is Kai, the natural looking kingka. Well not totally a kingka but he gained some deranged fan girls who always dagger and shoot death glares at me since he transferred in Woollim High. The es. The article is too childish and was made by a novice. The person is not even accurate about her thoughts. She stated that I'm not really good at swimming. No one knows what really happened to me. Why do they need to know? Whatever. That article is stressing me out because of childish thoughts. I closed my laptop and went downstairs. A pink neon sticky note caught my eye. It's a note magneted at the refrigirator probably left by mom.

 

 

"Eunji ah, we will be back tomorrow. Our college batch will have a college reunion at your dad's hometown. Take care of Kanghee okay? Just call us if you have problems at home. The breakfast in now ready at the table. I know you couldn't cook so I left some instant spicy ramyeon, kimbap and kimchi stew at the counter you stubborn ;) Just do everything you want and seize the weekends. I count on you Eunji. Take care sweety!"

 

-Mom

 

My mom is sure playful. I got the note and placed it at the side of the sink. I reached for the coffee powder, creamer and white sugar. I placed each spoonful of them into the coffee maker. I really feel sick. I have a sore throat, cough, colds and a little bit fever. Lucky. Great way to spend weekends. Pshh. 

 

The coffee maker made a 'ting' sound which indicates that it's all ready. I pour the brewed coffee at my round cup gently and went to the table. My mom cooked some lasagna, garlic fries and french toasted bread. Probably Kanghee is still sleeping sound at his room so I decided to watch television first. Nothing new. Boring. I'm still sleepy and what I've actually said is true. I feel sick. I'm not in mood to do anything. I fished out my phone from my short's pocket and dialled Jiyoon's number.

 

"Hey bestie! How are you now?" Jiyoon asked me with her concerned voice, anticipating for my response. Everyone seems so worried. Why wouldn't it be? I almost died.

 

"I'm fine. Ermm not totally because I feel sick."

 

"Eoh? Do you want me to come over your place later?"

 

"No need. I know you are busy with your school life too. By the way there's a thing I heard that our next project in theater arts will be about photography. Basically a project where hundreds of various photos are needed."

 

"Yeah. I heard that too from Minah and Mr. Cho will be the one who will assign the partners. I don't know if it's random or what."

 

"I hope me and my partner will get along well."

 

"I hope too. So I gotta rest now Jiyoon ah. Annyeong." I ended the call and went upstairs lazily. I nuzzled at my bed. I thought about Myungsoo's warm hug around my waist yesterday. Aishh. Why am I thinking of that jerk again? Tchh. Does he think that I will fall for his traps easily? I can't help but to think if it's just a prank. I felt sleepy because of the side effects of the cough medicine I drank. I doze off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Kai's POV:

 

I did not wait for Eunji's reply because I know she feels sick. I got my coat and went out of my house. Arghh it's too damn cold out here. Who wouldn't catch colds? With this kind of weather? I went to the grocery store. I decided to go to Eunji's place and cook something for her. I said I won't give her up right? I'll do everything and let her realize that I'll be always here for her.

 

I walked to the fruit stand and got some apples, oranges, grapes, lychees and strawberries and placed them into the cart. I paced at the beverage station and reached for milk, multi-flavoured yoghurt and some chocolates. I got some vegetable like lettuce, spinach, cucumber and more. 

 

I paid for what's in my grocery cart and carried the brown shop bags. I rode the bus and a girl sat by my side. She looks like a flirty. She wear a revealing dress showing off so much skin. I know she's flirting at me but I don't care. Eunji is the first girl I only cared of. She's the only girl whom I can say way different from others. I scoffed at her and went down the bus. Nine more blocks before Eunji's house. I clicked the door bell and a little boy at the age of six came out from the glass door. It's Kanghee. He is so playful, just like a carbon copy of his noona. He opened the door for me and I ruffled his hair playfully.

 

"Thanks Kanghee ah!" I smiled at him.

 

"Nothing hyung!" he smiled back.

 

"Where's your Eunji noona?"

 

"Probably still asleep. She's a sleepy head hyung. She's lazy to even stand up. I swear." This kid reveals his sister so much. No need to say Kanghee. I know your sister a lot too.

 

"Aigoo~ she's asleep because your noona is sick and I'm here to cook for her."

 

"Only for her?" Kanghee pouted.

 

"Of course for you too kiddo. Just watch hyung and you'll learn many cooking skills from me." I winked and wiggled my brows.

 

"Really? You can cook hyung? Too bad my noona can't cook. She only depends to spicy ramyeon, kimbap and kimchi stew. I'm starving hyung and I'm glad you arrived here." Really? I thought she's the one who cooked our packed lunch last week but based on what I see, it's her mom who cooked. I chuckled. I went to their kitchen to prepare some soup and vegetable salad for her. I added some healthy appetizer and the main course. The presentation is really nice.

 

"Woah hyung......y-you cook well. Noona will surely like those. Can I have some and eat now?" This kid is so smart unlike her playful noona, pabo.

 

"Sure. Feel free. I made those for us." I smiled at him. He started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter