stop

behind the song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stop!

by Wonder Girls ft. Myungsoo/L of Infinite

 

december 2013

Beatles Code

"Ne, Annyeonghasaeyo, we are Infinite." The guys greeted.

"Welcome to Beatles Code! It's been a while since you guys have had a comeback, do you have anything in store for us soon?" One of the MC's asked.

The boys looked at each other before Myungsoo speaks up.

"We have no group activities planned out for us, but L has a really big performance coming up."  Sunggyu stated.

"Oh, does he really? By himself?" the MC questioned.

"Ne, I'm jealous. He's working with one of the prettiest girls in this industry. When our PD and our manager told the group about it, I begged PD-nim to let me do a collaboration with her too." Sungyeol sighed.

Myungsoo glared at Sungyeol. "Get over it. One day you'll have your turn."

"Seems like you're very protective over this collaboration, L."

"Actually, yes. I don't remember if I ever said on a program before how much I admired her, but I think she's really great and I can't wait to  do this performance with her."

"Is she a top star? She must be pretty, huh? Is it your song, or her song?"

"Yeah. She's part of the group that started the hallyu wave, and i know many people who actually worship her. haha. We're going to perform a song from her group."

"Oh, I can't hold it in! Who is it?! Tell us!"

"I'm going to be working with So Hee-sshi for the next 2 weeks on this collaboration!" Myungsoo smiled as he saw the MC's jaws drop.

"Ah, I see why Sungyeol is jealous. She's really a top star, triple threat, fashion icon, etcetera. You're very lucky. I heard she doesn't just collaborate with anyone, you know? After all, she is the most sought out woman in this industry right now."

"Aish, we're all jealous. How could you do this to us, Myungsoo-ah?" Hoya said playfully as he slapped Myungsoo's elbow.

"Yah, like I said, you'll get you turn with someone else, someday!" Myungsoo told him. "Anyways, please look forward to our super cool collaboration during the Mnet Asian Music Awards! Please cheer for us."

2 Days after Beatles Code
JYP Practice Room

Myungsoo looked up at the JYP Building. He wondered to himself if he looked acceptable, knowing that he didn't want to over dress because they would be practicing, but he also didn't want to under dress. Right now, he was wearing a simple black t-shirt with the Comme Des Garcons heart on the bottom, skinny sweatpants and converse. He also wore a grey hoodie and put the hood on to hide himself from paparazzi and fans as he walked into the building.

He walked up to the assistance table and took his sunglasses off. 

"Hi, I'm here for Sohee. Can you tell me where she is?" He asked.

"One moment, please." The girl said, slightly dazed by Myungsoo's face. She picked up the phone, dialed some numbers and mumbled a few things before finally turning back to Myungsoo.

"She's on the 11th floor practice room for the Wonder Girls. The room number is WG11-3. When you get off of the elevator, it should just be a few doors on the right. Miss Sohee is already there practicing." She said.

Myungsoo nodded and bowed. "Alright, thanks!"

He walked into the elevator and was stunned at the design of it. The floor and the ceiling were mirrors and the walls were stained glass but some shards had pictures of JYP artists and actresses. Myungsoo stared for a little while before pressing '11' and waiting. As he was going up, 2PM's 'Heartbeat' started playing but it was sung by Wonder Girls and Miss A.

Wow, this company is really multitalented. He thought.

He got out of the elevator and turned to the right, where he saw a pretty, pastel purple door filled with pictures of the Wonder Girls. He looked to the right and saw' WG11-3'. Before entering, he knocked.

"Come in!" He heard a voice say. He opened the door and saw Sohee dancing in front of the mirror. Sitting on the couch behind her was the choreographer, Hwayoung and resident rapper, Yubin.

He watched Sohee dance for a while, observing her moves, her face, her body. She was wearing a black Comme Des down t-shirt, denim shorts and red/blue Jeremy Scott sneakers. Ah, she really is a fashion icon. She's even pretty when she's practicing. He notices that her hair is tied up into a long ponytail, but looked so long even tied up. Her legs were practically miles long and she was wearing no makeup, but still looked as pretty as she did when she had makeup on.

Myungsoo's train of thought was interrupted by a husky voice.

"Sohee-yah, your partner is here!" Yubin said, sitting on the couch and looking through her phone.

Sohee turned to Myungsoo slowly and he sees the beads of sweat on the sides of her face and he thinks to himself, I really am lucky. 

"Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you were there. Annyeong, I'm Ahn Sohee, nice to meet you!" She says, bowing.

"It's okay, I'm Kim Myungsoo, or L from Infinite, nice to meet you too." He says, bowing back.

"Ah, actually I also stopped by from food stands and got us food." Myungsoo nervously laughs, holding up the bag of food. "I hope it's not a bother if we could eat together before practicing."

Sohee looked surprised. "It's okay! I was actually kind of hungry too. Let's eat!"

Myungsoo smiles and they sat on the floor. He sets up the food he brought, bossam, kimchi fried rice, etc.

"So, Sohee-sunbaenim, what song are we doing for the collab?" He asks, eating some bossam.

"You can just call me Sohee, and we're doing Stop! from our Wonder World album." She answers, also eating some kimchi fried rice.

"Ah, ok, you can call me Myungsoo then, or Myungsoo oppa, whichever one." He says slyly, secretly wanting her to call him oppa.

"Ok, oppa. Stop! is about a girl who pushes her, say, boyfriend away. She doesn't believe that he fell in love with her at first sight, and she thinks love like that will never work out so she tells him to stop loving and following her because she might hurt him." Sohee informs him and Myungsoo nods.

"It's a really nice song, I listened to it for a long time." He adds.

"Thank you, I helped with the lyrics and production a little bit. Anyways, we'll be doing a dance that interprets the lyrics and you'll be the boy and i'll be the girl, obviously. I think Yenny and Yubinnie prepared your part of the song. We can hear it after we eat and Hwayoung has already prepared our dance so all we need to do is learn it, feel it and perform it!" Sohee says, smiling before putting bossam in .

Myungsoo goes off topic a little bit and says, "You're not even an ounce of cold and emotionless as they say you are."

Sohee looked at him and laughed. "Let's keep that a secret. I have my chic-fashionista reputation to uphold!" 

They finished eating and rested for a bit, waiting for the food to settle down in their stomachs. Hwayoung and one of the male choreographers showed them what the choreo was and they quickly let on.

Myungsoo, however, was having trouble with some parts of the dance.

During his parts of the song, where he chases after the Sohee who pushes him away, he has to touch several parts of her body. Like her waist, her lips, her cheeks, her stomach.

In the beginning, he had toface Sohee, touching her cheek and looking lovingly into her eyes as he 'confesses' that he fell in love with her at first sight, before she p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter