this ain't it

behind the song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this ain't it
by taeyang ft. ahn sohee & kwon jiyong

 

AS

Here she was, at a meeting between JYP and BH. They'd been discussing sharing her activities, depending on music or acting. This time, JYP had asked her if she wanted to participate in the JYP Nation One Mic concert, but she was hesitant because the whole group wasn't going to be there. Sunye was in Canada while Lim was in China filming. It took her a while before answering JY.

"I'll do it." 

-

The next two months were spent preparing for the One Mic concert, however, JYP had hidden any promotions of the concert with Sohee in it, promising that it will be a big surprise. The day of the concert, they held a Q&A (which they professionally recorded and released unto the media a mere minutes before the concert started) session in one of their hotel rooms. Every one was dressed very sporty-chic and came prepared to answer questions that the managers had gathered for them (from fans of course). Sohee wore a loose, crop gray hoodie, black high waisted jeans and cheetah print slip-ons. She took her seat next to Sunmi and Yeeun while everybody else just sat in random spots on the beds.

"All right, are you guys ready?" the videographer asked and they all nodded.

The managers began to ask questions.

"Who are your favorite girl/boy groups?"

Every one went in order until it got to Sohee. She looked blankly around.

"Eh, I don't really have a favorite boy group?" She said with a lost tone.

Jackson interrupted her, "What about Big Bang? I thought you liked them."

Everything got quiet as they all turned their heads to Jackson, giving each other looks of awkward-ness. Sohee, however, was quick to dismiss.

"Oh, yeah. Big Bang." She said in a very monotonous voice.

"Who are your favorite soloists?"

"Taeyang definitely." Yeeun said confidently.

"G-Dragon. Jiyong oppa." Sunmi said, quickly glancing at Sohee, who turned her head at the answer.

Sohee chose not to answer. The questions rolled on until they got to the most interactive one.

"Pick your favorite song right now and choose one person in the room to sing the whole song for you."

They all took their time choosing songs, but Yeeun was the first to blurt out her answer.

"Black! By GD and I want Sohee to sing it." She grinned at Sohee's sullen expression.

She knew that Sohee didn't want to have anything to do with Jiyong, but Yeeun knew that Sohee needed to face this. To face reality and their ed up relationship. To do that, she decided to hint at her with the song that was literally written for her & Jiyong. They'd given Sohee the mic and the piano instrumental began playing. Somehow she managed to get through the whole song without wanting to throw up or cry.

Everyone else announced their songs and their person of choice, the best being Min choosing Jackson to sing a Chakra song. The last person to go was Sunmi. She gave a look over at Yeeun and she gave her a nod.

"I want Sohee to sing This Ain't It by Taeyang." She said into the mic. If you listened closely, you can hear Sohee grunt, but you could definitely see her send menacing glares at Sunmi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter