black

behind the song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Black 

(by G-dragon, ft G-dragon)

 

He sits in front of his desk, pen in hand. A blank piece of papers rests atop his desk, mocking him. Composing songs wasn't hard for him. Not at all. It was only the process of conjuring up the feelings needed to write said songs. That was the hardest part. Right now, that's what he was up to. He was desperately trying to feel something. But everytime he thought or felt something, it was always her face that popped up in his head. She had always been the inspiration for most of his other songs. He had honestly tried to stop thinking about her everytime he wrote songs but he couldn't. He always channeled his anger and sorrow and love towards her in his songs and he couldn't stop. This was not an exception. He sits, hand trembling, desperately trying to push her out of his mind but it doesn't work. His mind is filled with her face and their past relationship and words flow freely through his thoughts.

The color of my heart is black
It was burnt to black, just like that
I break glass whenever I feel like
And I look at my bloody hands and think,
Why am I like this?

Oh, his relationship with her definitely ended with him (or maybe both of them) suffering from a burnt-to-black heart. Seems that he was more open about it though. After they broke off their extremely romantic, love-filled (despite being brutal, cruel and grotesque) relationship, his anger issues had accelerated. He often found himself breaking the glasses he drank from. He would look at his bloodied hands and tremble before running it through his hair and thinking, Why am I like this? After that horrifying breakup, he fell into a deep depression. To him, everything was black. And so that is how this song came to be.

Your smile is shining gold
But the way you speak, feel so cold
As time goes by, you're becoming more like me
Sometimes i feel like karma is running after me, know

His words seemed to float right out of his head and onto his paper. Her smile was definitely pure gold. Shined so much it blinded him. But even though her smile was brighter than the sun, her voice was colder than Pluto (which would subsequently be the the coldest planet, had it not been kicked out of the Solar System). When she spoke, it was monotone and definitely cold. Always brushing people off, speaking in a straight-forward yet menacing way (without being rude), that's how she was. And that's how he liked it. He'd gotten used to it and actually found it endearing and cute. Now, he won't even be able to hear her monotone voice. He's sure that he doesn't even know what it sounds like anymore. That's how long they haven't heard from each other.

After their break up, although he had many anger issues and as much as he hated seeing her or thinking about her, he always checked up on her. As time went by, he found himself in her. She seemed to be holding some of his habits. She sometimes stuck her tongue out when the situation was awkward. She would rest on her elbow when she was thinking. She even dressed like him. Her wardrobe had become more consistent of black and white than any other color. She was  becoming more and more like him and it made him cringe, but at the same time it made him proud. Proud that he had that much effect on her. Seeing her with hints of himself within her makes him feel somber, though. He thinks, I feel like karma is running after me. 

The real name of love is definitely hatred
Hope is the parent of disappointment and despa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter