this ain't it

behind the song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

this ain't it

by taeyang (ft. Kwon Jiyong)

-

-

-

When she clicked the 'speaker' button and heard the ring, her heart beat faster than it ever had. Waiting for someone, him, to answer gave her anxiety and she felt herself out of breath. The phone had reached 4 rings until there was a sudden stop. There was a lump in when his voice came out so clear.

"Hello?" 

-

It was late at night and he'd woken up from a well-needed nap. He the TV in his hotel room and found every channel flooded with news or reports or videos of the biggest concert happening in Seoul. JYP Nation, One Mic. He didn't know whether to keep the TV on one channel and watch videos of the concert or not because this was the company that once harbored the love of his life. He paused for only a moment before dropping the remote and watching the teaser video for the concert. Who cares, she's not even in that company anymore and this concert was only for the company family, he thought. He listened to the interviewer say something about how the big 3 companies always hold a concert around this time. It was true. SM held their concert last week and YG is holding theirs next week. He'd heard Jo Kwon say that this concert was going to be big because it featured all of their new artists plus a special face which was going to be their big surprise. Jiyong skipped through the interviews and went on to the concert performances. He'd skipped through moderately most of them, but wanted to watch the last performace before the family song. It was the silhouette of a girl and a guy. When the spot lights turned to them, it showed the face he wasn't expecting at all. Ahn Sohee. Clad in a black caged crop top, red high waisted shorts and black thigh harnesses. Her partner was revealed to be Jackson Wang and it was apparent that they were covering Troublemaker's Now. The music had started and they performed it with so much intensity and passion and appeal that Jiyong was completely captivated. Not just because he was utterly in love with this girl, but also because the aesthetics of the performance was so incredibly amazing. Her true voice had revealed itself in her rap parts. A low-toned voice that much suited her. Her dance was hypnotizing and provocative. The angles in which the cameras had captured her made him nervous. Her famous legs seemed to have become longer and every time the camera zoomed in just a little, he could see the tantalizing cleavage that the top she wore revealed. He turned the TV, laid back in bed and sighed. He needed to shower. He closed his eyes only for a moment until his phone started ringing. He reached for it and answered it without first checking who it was.

"Hello?"

The voice he heard on the other line gave him chills.

"Jiyong?"

He suddenly sat up and tried to catch his breath. He was silent for a while until he heard it again.

"Jiyong-ah?"

He coughed. "Ah, ne? I mean, hi Sohee."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter