The First Beat

The Nerd and The Queenka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If people ask me what friend means, I wouldn't be able to answer them with a short answer because there are so many answers to that one question alone. If you asked me months ago, I would say it's someone by your side who's always with you but everything change during those times, those times where everything was so complicated and so many feelings and emotion involved. And so, let me explain to you how can it all change my mind. 

 

3 weeks ago 

"I will allow you guys to go outside from the house now and do anything but that doesn't mean you are 100% free. You guys need to come back home at 9 maximum and that's it." 

Yoona and Yuri both high-fived each other. Their father has left for Switzerland on another business trip 2 days ago and he will return when God knows when but their mother has decided to stay for another 1 week which means another 5 days left as for now. She has given her child the permission to live life "normally" again. 

As soon as that small family meeting ended, Yoona quickly called Hyoyeon and asked her to come to the cafe where they used to meet. She then tell Yuri to follow her too. 

They basically explained to Hyoyeon how they are now allowed to hang out again and most of all, join the competition. They were so excited they went straight to the practicing room after they called Kai and he agreed, feeling excited as well. 

And so, without even wasting their time, they went straight to the coreography. 

 

Back to the current time

We went down the stage with the trophy, being as proud as ever. We decided to go for a celebration, a party, to eat Korean beef at Suho's house but before that my sister excuse ourselves for a while and she dragged me to another waiting room which was clearly not ours. 

Inside there was 2 girls only, seems familiar. 

"Hyomin, Soyeon!" Yoona called. They turned around and I stopped. Their faces looks familiar somehow and I remember they were the one who bullied us in the past. But then suddenly Yoona hugged the two of them and they greet each other. I was so confused, I don't even know what's going on. "Yuri unnie, hello!" they greet. 

Is this another plan by Jessica? Is this another trick? Or is this for real? 

"You don't need to be that confused unnie. Let me explain to you. First of all let's take a sit," Yoona said and Yoona and I sat on the sofa while the other two sat on the chairs. 

"Don't you actually remember them? I mean, not as someone who bullies us but as another person," Yoona said and I looked at her weirdly. If they were not the ones who bully us who else can they be? 

"They're Hyomin and Soyeon, our childhood friends," Yoona said. I was even more confused by her statement. Childhood friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter