Plans

Forgotten Memories

 

**************

It scared you, this was one of the first things you were actually REMEMBERING. Was it possible that you were getting better? You smile to yourself while you arrive at Jonghyun’s house. The second he walked through the door Mrs. Kim was yelling at him for leaving.

“Hey, at least I came back.” He says to her obviously.

She looks at him thoughtfully and then nods. It was true, at least he came back rather then leaving. You look around the room in thought and then you realize he hasn’t put you down yet. “You can put me down now..” You say to Jonghyun in thought.

“Oh, sorry.” He says smiling embarrassed.

‘Why is he embarrassed?’ You think in confusion. When you were standing on the ground you remembered that you twisted your ankle and start falling over in shock. Key catches and steadies you.

“What happened to you?” Your mother asks in worry.

“I tripped and twisted my ankle.” You say quietly.

She gives you a look and then chuckles. “As klutzy as ever.” She chuckles thoughtfully. Mrs. Kim and her begin laughing together as you begin blushing. Why does she always try to embarrass you?

You stay silent as you look over at Jonghyun who was talking to Key in a whisper. They both glance at you and then look away and continue what they were saying. Jonghyun was telling him as much as he could about your father’s disease.

“Omo, really? There’s a disease like that? And they don’t even know what it is? Should I ask my mom about it? She’s a nurse.” Key whispers in shock.

Jonghyun shakes his head as he sees you looking over at them. ‘She’s probably trying to figure out what I’m saying.’ He thinks sadly. He didn’t need you knowing about how he feels about finding out this. It hurt him, a lot. He didn’t know what to do or think and he was just trying to figure out as much as he possibly could about this. But to do that he was going to have to talk to his mom.

“I have to find out more about this. Maybe it’s different from her father’s. Maybe she can somehow remember.” Jonghyun whispers in determination.

Key gives him a sympathetic look and then they notice you beginning to walk over. Mrs. Kim just told you to tell them that dinner was ready. You look at the two of them for a moment and then sigh.

You wanted to talk to Jonghyun, but you didn’t know what to say. Mrs. KIm had bandaged up your ankle and you were feeling better. You soon felt tears going down your cheeks.

“Are you okay?” Key asks you in worry. You look at him in shock. ‘When the heck did he get over here?’ You think in shock. You nod and then look down wiping away your tears. You were thinking about your father, you wanted to remember him too, but really...you still didn’t even remember Jonghyun.

“________-ah, are you coming to sit down?” Your mother calls you smiling.

You knew your mother was happy to be back in Korea, but you still didn’t know how happy you were. Or even if you were happy. You were happy you were remembering things, but what would happen if you just forgot about them again? It would kill you. Just thinking about it made you sad again.

You nod to her with a smile and go and sit down beside her in silence. You didn’t want to be asked any questions. But after Jonghyun and Mrs. Kim just found out about this, you knew there were going to be questions. Ones you knew you didn’t want to answer. Jonghyun glances at you and then at his food.

“______, how long have you known about your disease?” Jonghyun asks quietly.

You look at him in shock and then look down. “Um, two years. But yeah, it was late to be diagnosed...or whatever.” You tell him smiling.

“Late?” Key asks in confusion.

“Well of course I didn’t realize what was going on. So I didn’t even know I was forgetting. The only reason she knew was because...” You were saying but trailed off. You didn’t want to tell him that it was because you forgot about him.

“She forgot about you, Jonghyun.” Your mother tells him quietly.

You look up at his face and see his shocked expression. You shiver and then begin eating rice. You didn’t want to look at him. You didn’t want to see him look upset. You hated it.

***********

A week later you were talking to Jessica about going to staying with her for the weekend. She told you to come up whenever you wanted and that she would always be home. After you called you realized that Jonghyun lived in the same building as her... You wanted to smack your head for forgetting something so important.

In this week, nothing had progressed. You still didn’t remember a thing about your childhood and didn’t remember anything really about Jonghyun. You wanted to remember so bad that you were getting migraines almost everyday. Your mother was getting even more worried about you as you were barely leaving your room.

You were sitting on your computer all day trying to find out as much as you could about Jonghyun and SHINee. But anything you looked at, the next day you would forget you even LOOKED at it.

“Sweetie, when are you going to see Jessica?” Your mother asks from downstairs.

You sigh in frustration and then tell her tonight.

“And how are you getting there?” She asks in amazement.

“A taxi?” You say obviously. She gives you a look and then calls Mr. Jung. You sigh and then sit down on the couch. You never got your license because your mother was afraid you’d forget how to drive. Which would probably happen, and she didn’t want that to be while you were driving.

“Maybe Jonghyun could come get you before he goes back home...” Your mother says to herself in thought.

Your eyes lit up at hearing his name. But then you realized that it might not be a good idea. But before you could protest she was already dialing Mrs. Kim’s number. You sigh thankfully when finding out he was already back. You felt like doing a dance.

“But he’s coming to get you anyhow.” Your mother tells you smiling.

You stare at her in shock. ‘How did she end up doing that?’ You think in shock. You felt like the two of them were trying to plan something, but you didn’t know what. Your mother smiles at you talking on the phone and heads into a different room.

“You know Jonghyun has liked ________ for a very long time.” Mrs. Kim says thoughtfully.

“REALLY! Because ________ liked him so much before...you know, she was forgetting. She wanted to come back and see him. But we never could.” Your mother tells Mrs. Kim over the phone.

“But, it would be fun wouldn’t it?”

“What?”

“To set them up together? I mean we could really be FAMILY then!”

“That would be interesting. But I don’t know if my husband would agree to it...”

“Oh, _______ can make decisions for herself. I know she would be happy with him, they were always happy together when they were younger! We only have to push them now! This could help ________ remember everything!”

“And what if it doesn’t? She’ll forget all about Jonghyun, he’ll be hurt and she’ll be dead. What are we going to do with a depressed boy on our hands?”

“Didn’t you say something about a surgery?”

“But that could cause her to forget everything, even me!”

“...But isn’t it better than her dying?”

“I’m not going to push her to do anything. If she doesn’t want the surgery, I won’t make her do it.”

“BUT THEN SHE ONLY HAS FIVE YEARS!”

“I know...I know.”

“Cho, whatever you deicide to do, just make sure you do what you think is right. And Jonghyun said he’d be over there in a half hour, so make sure ______ is ready because they have to leave right away.”

Your mother nods to herself and then tells Mrs. Kim she would tell you. She hangs up the phone and comes up to your room to see you already getting ready. You look at your mother’s face and then see that she has tears in her eyes.

“Umma, what is it?” You ask worriedly.

“__________, Jonghyun will be here in a half hour.” She tells you smiling and then begins walking out the room. You catch her arm and she looks at you in shock. “What is it?” She looked so peaceful, so beautiful and strong in your eyes. She’s been through so much, and you can only sit there and do nothing to make it better.

“Something’s wrong.” You tell her knowing.

She shakes her head and winks at you. You get caught off guard and nearly fall over. She chuckles at you and the smiles widely. “Nothing’s wrong, darling. Don’t worry about me and enjoy yourself with Jessica!”

“Jonghyun oppa shouldn’t be coming out of his way to pick me up!” You tell your mother obviously. ‘Not that I mind that he is...wait what? I think I’m going insane...’ You felt your heart start pounding. What is this feeling?

“He said he wanted to. Mrs. Kim didn’t FORCE him to do anything...” She tells you smirking.

You hated that smirk. She was planning something. You knew she was, it made you feel uncomfortable. You weren’t sure if you should question her or not but you decided not to. If it was something that you didn’t like you would refuse to go spend time with Jessica, not to mention Krystal was also going to be there...

A half hour later, right on time there was a knock on the door. You run downstairs hoping you won’t trip and hurt your ankle that still had not healed. When you got to the door you swung it open to reveal Jonghyun and a boy taller than him who seemed to be about the same age as you.

He had reddy-orange hair and was a bit shorter than Key. He had a chubby cute looking face that made you just want to squeeze his cheeks. “Hey.” Jonghyun says to you smiling.

“Who’s this?” You ask smiling looking at the boy.

“This is Taemin. He’s also from the group I’m in.” He tells me smiling.

You wave to him smiling and then turn and look behind him and spot Key slowly coming up the walkway. ‘What is this? A welcoming party?’ You think to yourself in interest.

“Hey, __________!” Key says excitedly.

You had gotten to know a lot about Jonghyun and Key from spending some time with them when they were here. And when you weren’t busy. You were happy you were getting to know them, but you knew it was useless. Soon you were going to forget them again and it just made you want to cry.

**************