8

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was not quite surprising that the Artisserie was actually a mess, if one would take a closer look at it. Everywhere were dust and small pieces of marble, color splatters on the ground, sometimes mixed with dried-up clay. Surprisingly the white sheets were neither stained or ripped or anything like that, so as if Baekhyun always watched out for not making more work for the housekeeping people as necessary.
Nevertheless, as Jisu was finished with sweeping through the Artisserie, she had quite an amount of dirt, dust and other stuff right in front of her. A sigh came over her lips as she opened one of the windows, which would led to the outside, and swept the dirt out.

Baekhyun was attending breakfast with the king and after that he would go to the head maid to talk to her about Jisu. While he was gone, she had time tidy up a few more things. Grabbing a scaper, Jisu set to scratch away all the piled and dried up color on the ground. It was a back-breaking job – literally – but she didn't complain and simply did it.

She had to work really carefully, or else she might have slipped and damaged some of the paintings with the scraper. “I knew that artists always are quite careless and messy but that one could be this messy,” she muttered to herself as she made a small break.
“Well, excuse me for living up to my profession,” Baekhyun said with a dry voice and Jisu turned around with wide eyes. Again he leaned against one of his statues, his face as straight as a mirror.
He wore tight pants and a lose shirt, which covered his scar perfectly though.

“I didn't mean it like that. This place is simply messy... and there is a lot to do,” she explained and made a wide movement with her arms.
Baekhyun didn't even bother to follow her movements. He simply shrugged his shoulders before he pointed at the color splatters on the ground. “Don't bother with them. There will be more to come. I actually hired you for something else as well, besides tidying up and such. Come with me.”

With a sigh, Jisu put the scraper away and followed Baekhyun to another part of the Artisserie. A group of stools welcomed her and a few easels and a lot of pillows. There was also a small box with screw top jars, a huge bottle with a diaphanous liquid.
Baekhyun pulled out another boy from somewhere, which contained smaller bottles with colors. “I need someone who is going to mix the colors for me. It's a time consuming job and I don't have time for that.”

He pulled out out one of the jars and shook it slightly. “These here are color pigments. They are the base of every color I use and I mix them with a special oil from Narivid.” He pointed at the huge bottle with the liquid, before he pointed at the small jars again. “I get new pigment bottles every month but I also get them on special request.”

There were jaws with all kind of colors. Blue, red, yellow, orange and more in all kind of variations and even mixed with other pigments. Strangely, the consistency of pigment powder reminded her of something. “Are your pigments made out of dragon scales?” she asked and Baekhyun nodded.
“Yes, but not always. It's rare for dragons to be yellow so usually the yellow color I use is made from a crystal, which gives off a lot of color.”

He gave the jar to Jisu, who looked at the beautiful color. “And I shall help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter