14

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though Jisu had the list, which should help her, the sweat ran down her forehead. It was a pretty exhausting work, not because she had to put so much effort into it but because of she had to concentrate.
For the fuchsia color Baekhyun wanted she had to mix red with pink. One part red and three parts pink. “Three parts and something more or less,” she read out loud and shook her head.
Of course, for Baekhyun it was easy to mix the colors for his liking since he knew exactly which shade he wanted, how intense the a color should be, how intense one shade of a color or not so intense.

Carefully Jisu poured the red powder pigment from the measuring spoon into a small jar. After that she opened a bigger jaw, which contained a bright pink powder. Two spoons – that was what stood in the instruction.
None of the color powders had smelled really good so far, in fact, the smell was really disgusting. Maybe it was because neither the red nor the pink had been made out of dragon scales, but out of some kind of stone and other organic things like the shell of a certain snail.

The oil from Narivid smelled even worse and she had to carefully pour it into another smaller jar. Now she had to carefully pour the mixed powder into the oil while constantly stirring it. She took a thin stick and put it into the oil and started to move it in a circular motion while she carefully added the powder.

In front of her eyes, the powder and the oil turned to a muddy, brown paste. A frown appeared on Jisu's face because she hadn't expected it so be... such an ugly color.
“This is completely useless. What have you done?” Baekhyun said. He stood in the near of her, his hands completely white from the marble dust.
“I mixed the color powders and put them into the oil,” she told him. Baekhyun's expression froze and he stared at her like he couldn't believe what she just had said. “I did everything you wrote down!” Jisu explained immediately, whereupon he let out a long sigh.

“You have to add the pigments one after another and not all at once. Throw it away and mix it anew.”

For a moment, Jisu looked at the brownish color, before she looked at Baekhyun again. It would be such a waste to throw the color away and she had something else in her mind. “Can I take it with me?” she asked him instead. The request seemed to catch him by surprise but he nodded. “Sure, do with it whatever you want.”
A smile appeared on Jisu's face because she was sure that she would mess up a lot more colors, which she could give the children.

Jisu took another jar and filled it with oil before she slowly added the pigments one after another under constant stirring.

In front of her eyes, the color slowly turned brighter and brighter to a bright violet. It was a pretty color, bright and intense but Jisu stirred it a bit more, until the paste was smooth and not so clumpy anymore.
As everything was a homogenous mixture, Jisu carefully pulled the stick out and spread the color on a thin paper to compare it to the sample, which Baekhyun had given her before.

It was nearly the same color. Just nearly. Hers was a bit too pink and frown appeared on her face. Should she add some more red?

Since she didn't want to disturb Baekhyun, she carefully added a teensy little bit of red. Immediately, the mixture got thicker, much to Jisu's dismay. “What to do now?” she muttered because she actually didn't want to waste another mixture. Carefully, she added two big drops of oil and the mixture smoothed again. Even the color was right now and a relieved sigh came over her lips.
“This looks good. I hope it will be good enough for him.” Her last words were more like a grumble and she closed the jar with the turnable lid.

Next was vermillion red and luckily, she only had to mix the powder pigment with the oil since the color could be found as a natural source in stones.
One and a half spoon and then 0.25 ml oil. Careful, careful, careful. That was the only word Jisu could think of while she worked. This time it was not hard and but she sighed nevertheless as she closed the lid over the jar.

“Looks good.”

Jisu had not noticed that the constant loud n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter