5

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow, Baekhyun looked completely different from what Jisu had imagined he would look like. She had thought that he was taller, by far taller and more muscular. His gaze made up for everything else though. His eyes were so piercing, so observing, so as if could look right into her soul. “I bring the sheets,” Jisu said with a surprisingly calm voice.

 

There was a strange glimmer in his eyes, so as if he would mock her but it disappeared as quick as it came. “I got that already,” he answered with a dry voice and stepped back. Put them over there. Don't touch anything, don't move anything away.”
With that, he turned around and walked back into the huge room, which seemed to be like his atelier. It was the room under the dome ceiling, perfectly exposed to the light. Everywhere there were easels with either rough sketches, still wet paintings or paintings, which were already dry.

Marble blocks stood in the west side of the round room, some of them partly processed to statues, some of them still completely untouched.

What shocked Jisu the most though were the two women, which sat on chairs. Their bodies were covered with colors, which together gave a beautiful floral picture. “Put the sheets on that desk over there and then leave,” Baekhyun said absentmindedly while he took a long brush with very fine hair and a palette with colors, before he turned to the two women again. They looked at with very obvious gazes. Yes, it was very clear that they lusted after him but somehow, all their attempts to gain his attention were in vain.

He looked at them like they were objects, not women but they touched him like they were something very fragile. It was fascinating how he dipped the brush into the colors and applied it onto one of the woman's skin. “Why are you still here? Put the sheets on the desk and then leave.”

Baekhyun's harsh words startled Jisu a bit, but first and foremost they surprised her because he didn't sound exactly harsh but more like he was completely absentmindedly. Like he was completely immersed in his work and not anything else at all. Jisu blinked at him, but then he turned his head and stared at her with those piercing eyes. “Are you deaf?” he asked her, still quite emotionless. Staring at each other for a tiny second, Jisu eventually turned around, put the sheets on the desk, grabbed the basket and walked out of the room.

What a … strange encounter and not necessarily a po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter