2

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun just went down and drowned the sky in a play of red, yellow and orange, mixed with a hint of baby blue. Dark spots could be seen here and there, interrupting the flow of colors. Dragons, majestic an impressive, were on their way home, carrying those on their backs with whom they had formed a bond.

Jisu leaned forward until she could lay flat on her dragon's back. It was a female dragon, not quite big and very lean. Her scales had the color of midnight red; a dark blue color, paired with small, ruby red sprinkles. It was a rare color and it would bring her a lot of money, actually, if Jisu would sell a few scales, which she really did from time to time. The money ran out very quickly though, mostly because they had to repay so many debts.

Jongsuk's dragon was a Grayscale dragon, which weren't as rare. In fact, their race was the most common one. Medium sized, a bit bulkier than Jisu's and very strong. Perfect for war and transporting. Since Norgad wasn't at war, the dragons were used for other things and for shows. Not everyone possessed a dragon though. Only a few chosen ones had dragons. Those few had been chosen by the dragons themselves. It always were the dragons who chose their riders and not the other way around.

“It wonders me that they didn't notice us at all... at first,” Jongsuk chuckled. A snort came over Jisu's lips while she looked at the sun, which slowly disappeared at the horizon. Soon, Vandigo would be covered in darkness and the lights would start to illuminate the city. Just like the painting, Jisu thought by her own.
“It's not like they didn't notice us. They were quite suspicious towards us, you know?”

A sigh came over Jongsuk's lips as he started to watch the people under them. They walked through the streets, along the water streets, which went through the whole city. There was a boat market at the market place, just like every Saturday and Sunday. A place where people could get the most exotics things. Silk, brocade, spices and even exotic animals, which didn't live in Norgad, and of course everyone could get the regular things at that market. Every Sunday and Saturday there were always so many people. A perfect place for every kind of thieves, just like Jongsuk and Jisu.

“Should we?” he asked and pointed downwards and Jisu followed his gesture with her eyes. A smirk appeared on her face and she nodded. “Hielo, can you put me down on that roof over there?” Jisu whispered and Hielo turned her head a bit. Do you really want to steal again? I am not very happy about that, you know, Hielo voiced inside Jisu's head. The dragon was really old, a lot older than Jisu and many other humans, and unlike Jisu, Hielo didn't hold a very high opinion on theft.

I know but I rather steal than selling your scales, Hielo, Jisu replied back and Hielo grumbled but she immediately dove downwards until she hovered only a few meters above the flat ceiling. I'll be heading home w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter