7

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The strange encounter with Baekhyun had shaken Jisu a bit but not to the point where she was completely unable to function. It was already late at night as she walked out of the back entrance of the castle and walked started her long walk to Hielo's cave, which was located in the mountains, which surrounded Norgad. Of course it would have been easier for her to simply call for the dragon but Jisu wanted to be on her own for a little while longer.

Baekhyun's offer was really tempting but Jisu couldn't help but think that there must be a catch. They had seen each other only once up until now, twice if she counted that encounter just now.
If she would accept his offer, it maybe meant higher payment... or not. “I would pay you personally.”
Those were the words he said. She should have asked how much that payment would be, Jisu thought grumpily.
With a sigh, she stopped and opened her mind to the connection which she had with Hielo.

Immediately, the dragon's conscience filled her mind and Jisu didn't have to wait for too long until she could saw a big shadow in the night sky.
I though you wouldn't keep your promise! Hielo called out but she couldn't hide her joy. Despite how big she was, Hielo managed to land quite gracefully in front of Jisu. I had a lot to do but I am sorry for the lateness.

With a soft growl, Hielo lowered her head so that Jisu could snuggle her for a short moment. No worries. Sit up!
Usually, the dragon would cower down so that Jisu could climb up to sit down on Hielo's back but this time Hielo grabbed Jisu with and put her down on her back.
Luckily, Hielo was able to retract her teeth any time she wanted or else Jisu would be dead by now. “Ah, Hielo! Now I am all covered by your saliva!”

A chocked sound, which was quite similar to a chuckle, came out of Hielo's throat as she spread her long wings and took off into the air.

The feeling of flying was always so indescribable; the wind blowing right into her face and messing with her hair and pulling on her clothes while the adrenalin and excitement rushed through her body – it simply was amazing.
Since Hielo had a very slim and aerodynamic built, she was one of the more faster and agile dragons and thus she could cover the way from the mountains to the coast in no time.

You look quite worried. What's wrong?

As usual, Hielo noticed immediately when something was wrong with Jisu, which sometimes was useful and sometimes not. I got an offering from... the prodigy of the king to work for him as his personal maid and I don't know if I should accept it or not. Hielo turned her head a bit to look at her rider and Jisu could see that she was a bit skeptical. His personal maid? You know how that sounds, right?
Of course Jisu did. Not in that way, Hielo. Maid in the means of work maid.

Are you going to accept? You know, I am behind everything you do but it sounds like an odd offer.

It really was an odd offer and again Jisu thought that it was strange that he actually had asked her and not someone else. I don't know yet... maybe. He seems quite aloof. I don't know if I can put up with a person like him. Again it sounded like Hielo would chuckle or laugh. Oh really? I thought you could after all this time with Jongsuk.

Since Jisu had grown up with Jongsuk, he never had come across as someone aloof to her. Or she simply never has noticed it until now. Wait. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter