17

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day Baekhyun's departure and the Artisserie was quite busy. There were a couple of people carrying some palettes, some carrying blocks of marble and some other boxes with colors.
Jisu couldn't help much so she stood at the side and watched the others do their work. Sehun and Baekhyun talked eagerly with each other but Baekhyun looked quite stern and worried.

He suddenly nodded and walked over to Jisu, a folded letter in his hand. “Here are some things I wrote down for you to take care of in my absence and some other stuff. Here are the keys for the Artisserie. If you leave, then lock every window and every door. Also, lock the gems I use to make some of the colors away when you are not here.”

The gems were incredibly expensive even though those were only small gems or even only fragments. “What shall I do about the partly painted pictures? Won't they look strange if you continue where you left them after a couple of days?”

Baekhyun waved her words and worries off with a simply hand gesture. “No, they won't, so don't worry about that. Just take care of everything and don't let anyone in who doesn't stand on the list. Memorize those people, understand?” Jisu nodded but she didn't unfold the paper. She would do it later when she was alone. “I will be back in five days. I don't expect this place to be in a top notch condition when I am back since I know it is messy and chaotic but please, don't light it up with fire.”

He looked quite criticizing, which offended Jisu a bit, but she swallowed down her words. “Anything else?” she asked calmly but Baekhyun shook his head. “Just take care of yourself. If there is anything, contact Sehun.”
A quick glance to Sehun who smiled gently, before Jisu turned her attention to Baekhyun again. “The guards never would let me through to him,” she said with a frown. A sigh came over Baekhyun's lips and he took off one of his rings and gave it to her.

“Everyone recognizes this ring. It will guarantee you access to probably everyone and it should open you a lot of doors.”

With wide eyes Jisu stared at the ring. It was made out of pure gold and was infused with a dark blue sapphire. The word “Νύξ” was ingraved in the sapphire but Jisu didn't know what the word meant. Since she couldn't wear the ring on her fingers, Jisu would have to wear it as a necklace.
“Have a safe travel,” said Jisu quite composed. He would travel by dragon so there wasn't too much danger to it.

Jisu was surprised to see Baekhyun smile a bit but then again it looked as arrogant as ever. “Take care of yourself. If there is something, contact Sehun or even Jongin himself and don't hesitate to do so.”
It wwas even more surprising that he sounded kind of friendly and worries, but he probably was worried about his Artisserie and his paintings.

Couple of hours later Jisu was alone. Well, she wasn't completely alone since Sehun went through the Artisserie and examined everything. “I checked the locks and everything else. Since Baekhyun isn't here, you can stay and sleep here at night but you can also go back to your room, if you prefer that.”
He gave her the keys back and also gave her something else. It was a simple necklace, quite thin and strangely translucent.

“For the ring. It is made out of molten dragon scales from a Ligur dragon.”

The Ligur dragons were a small dragon species, which scales were really soft. They were used in cities as some kind of chaises. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter