13

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something touched Jisu's nose and a small frown appeared on her face. Instinctively, she curled up even more and even managed to turn away. Her hands touched something fluffy and soft and she somehow could pull it over and bury her face in it. The smell was nice and clean with a flowery undertone, so light and nice that it nearly put her back to sleep.
“For how long do you intend to sleep?” a voice whispered into her ear and Jisu's eyes opened up abruptly.

As she turned around, she looked right into Baekhyun's deep brown eyes. His face was as ever so expressionless and cold but his eyes showed that he was a bit amused by the fact that she lied in one bed with him.
“I fell asleep?” she asked and sat up immediately. She noticed that she wore a long white shirt and that the painting on her leg had been removed.
“You did. I hope you don't mind that I put a shirt on you and wiped off the color. And no, I didn't touch you inappropriately.”

There were no remaining of the color, not the slightest bits but instead of relieve, Jisu strangely felt sad about the removal. It had been a really pretty painting and it was regretful that she hadn't been able to look at it for a while longer. With a thoughtful expression on her face, Jisu looked at Baekhyun again, before she actually realized her situation. Immediately, she jumped out of the bed, happy that the shirt covered her body nearly completely.
Baekhyun looked at her with his brows slightly cocked. Of course he didn't wear a shirt so that the scar was visible.

Since Jisu didn't want to stare at it, she decided to look him into the eyes. “I will go and get changed, sir, and then I will come and start my work right away,” she said and wanted to turn around but Baekhyun stopped her.
“Sit down again and eat something at first. No need to rush since you don't have to go somewhere, don't you?” he asked and Jisu wanted to object at first until she noticed that she really had nothing else to do. “That's not quite appropriate to let a maid eat breakfast with you. I will get changed first since.”

As she bowed and left, Baekhyun his back and let out a long sigh. Every other woman would have jumped at him and his offer but at the same time Baekhyun was not quite surprised by the rejection.
Yesterday evening he had found Jisu on the pillows, sleeping and the painting completely ruined since she had moved her leg.
Instead of waking her up, Baekhyun only had carefully removed the color with special oil so that he wouldn't hurt or damage her skin in some way. After that he simply had put one of his shirts on her and had carried her to the bed.

It had surprised him how light Jisu had been. Not that he had not expected that but he wouldn't have imagined her to be that light weighted.
Of course he had done nothing to her and Baekhyun had fallen asleep quite fast himself. Well... he wouldn't have imagined such a tame reaction though. Something like hitting him int the face or something similar to that would have been more likely but definitely not just standing up and walking away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter