18

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mixing colors, cleaning up, rearranging everything in the Artisserie. For about two days, Jisu hadn't done anything else than that. Nothing much had happened and Jisu caught herself more than once of thinking boring it was without Baekhyun around. She had managed to move many things around and arrange everything else differently but she didn't know if Bakehyun would like it. Probably not but there was nothing she could do against it.

With a sigh, she wiped the sweat from her forehead before she continued pushing the statue to the next location. “I hate you. I freaking hate you,” she muttered angrily but before she could continue, she heard the door to the Artisserie open up.

Frowning and slightly worried, Jisu immediately walked towards the entrance. It was a woman and she clearly did not belong to the kind of people Jisu belonged to.
She wore an expensive dress and gold and diamonds. Her face was powdered white, her lips tinted dark red and her eyelids patched with different colors, which were blended together. She was beautiful by all means, though the white powder didn't seem to quite fit to the rest of her skin.

“Excuse me ma'am, can I ask you for your name? You can't enter the Artisserie just like that,” Jisu said rather sternly and a heavy frown on her face. Since Jisu didn't lock the doors during the day and when she was in the Artisserie everyone could enter easily. Most didn't because they knew that Baekhyun wasn't there.
“My name is Claire and who are you?” Even though she sounded friendly, there was something slightly off in her voice that Jisu didn't like.

“I am the housekeeper here and I take care of the Artisserie while Baekhyun is away.”

Claire's brows furrowed heavily and she took a step back. “He's away? Strange, Baekhyun didn't tell me anything about it.”
Much to Jisu's dismay, she sat down on a chair and draped her coat around her beautifully, so as if she wanted to brag about her wealth. For a moment, she stared at Jisu but then let out an amused chuckle. “Oh just calm down. I am not one of those high and mighty rich women. I am just like you.”

Now that surprised Jisu. She could feel her chin gaping up a bit but she closed it again immediately. “You are ting me,” was the only thing she managed to say. “Oh, I am not. Grew up in the outer rings with dirt and poverty and all that belonged to it.”
Jisu doubted her words but she asked her question nevertheless. “And how come you managed to get all... this?” She made a gesture with her hands towards the luxury.

“Oh this? Well, a part is from my current husband and another part is from Baekhyun. I am one of his models.” A strange look must have appeared on Jisu's face because Claire smiled again. “I didn't know that models get paid so much that they can buy themselves diamonds and such.”
“Usual models don't but we are talking about Baekhyun here. He pays all his models with lots of money. Neither of us can really say something bad against him, only that he is moody from time to time but he treats us nicely and never touches us unprofessionally. Through him I managed get to know my now husband.”

That didn't surprise Jisu much, strangely. Baekhyun didn't look like he would touch a woman in a ual way if she was related to his work, but what surprised her was that hey payed the so much money... allegedly.
“How much money do you get?”
Claire tilted her head slightly while tapping her finger against her chin. “I think... about 50 to 100 Gol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter