15

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Debbie was three years younger than Graham, and even though she wasn't that old, she looked older than her actual age. The life in the slums was hard and Debbie grew up in a time were life there was the hardest. She never lost her kindness though and just as Graham she had devoted her life to the children of the slums.
The price she had to pay for it was clearly visible though, because she always had that very exhausted look on her face.

“How is life going? Is everything alright?” Debbie asked while Jisu let out a sigh. “Working at the palace is hard. It's harder than I thought,” answered Jisu truthfully with Baekhyun in her mind. He was a challenge, literally and sometimes Jisu had the urge to whack his head thoroughly.
“You work at the palace? Wow congrats then. Well, life here is quite hard. More debts to pay everyday and the expenses for this house are so high. To be honest, sometimes I fear that I don't have enough food for the kids,” she admitted with a sad smile.

A hurtful pull went through Jisu's heart and she lowered her gaze a bit. “I'm sorry for all this,” Jisu whispered but Debbie only shook her head. “Oh, don't be. Even if Graham still would be alive, who says that we wouldn't be in the same situation then, hm?”
Right, who could tell? The part of the slums would have been sold anyways. There was nothing they could do. “I have something for you.”

With wide eyes Debbie looked at the seven Goldmarks, which Jisu slid over the table. “You cant be serious!” she called out but she lowered her voice immediately. “That is way too much money! I can't take it!” Debbie said in a lowered voice. “Where did you get that money from anyways?”
A muffled cough came over Jisu's lips and she awkwardly rubbed her neck. “Weeell... I have a great benefactor, I guess. He's quite... unusual.”

Debbie raised her brow curiously but Jisu only waved it off. “He's not my benefactor exactly. Don't ask.”

For a moment, Debbie stared at the money before she shook her head again. “I can't take it. That's too much.” Before she could give Jisu the money back, the latter stopped her rigorously.
“No. If you don't want to take it, then take it for the kids. They need a place where they can go to. Let me help you at least with paying off the house.”
It seemed like Debbie wanted to argue with her at first but then she took the money and nodded. “You are a great help, thanks for that.”

With a smile, Jisu leaned down to grab the box with the colors and the bag with the sweets. “Oh, these are for the twerps as well. A few colors and sweets.”

Before Debbie could give an answer though, loud giggling could be heard. Hielo's snort was loud, so as if she was annoyed. Worried, Jisu rushed outside, only to see that Hielo was covered with children.
Two of them stood in front of her and put their hands into the dragon's nostrils, which was clearly uncomfortable. “Kids,” Jisu sighed while shaking her head.

Hielo, you alright? she asked and the grumpy answer made her laugh. No, I am not alright. You see me, right? I am covered with children! Please get them away from me, especially those two in front of me who stick their tiny hands into my nose!

With a growl, Hielo turned her head away a bit but the children followed stat. “Kids, don't touch her nose! She's sensitive there!” Jisu called out finally but the children didn't listen to her and Jisu had to carry them away from Hielo. “Is that you dragon?! She is soooooo huge!” the girl in Jisu arms said with big eyes.
The girl looked so innocent and pure, despite the dirt on her face, and she reminded Jisu of herself a bit. “Yes, she's my dragon but Hielo is not huge at all. There are way bigger dragons than her!”

Wide eyes stared at Jisu because they seemingly couldn't believe it. “Now, leave her alone. We need to leave soon.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter