Breakfast

The Safe House

It was an ordinary morning in The Safe House. As usual, Haejin came last to the dining table as waking up early was always her problem. “Morning, Chief. Morning guys,” she yawned.

She asked for scramble eggs and bacon when the housemaid brought her milk tea. She was sipping it when she caught Jaeyeon’s sleepy eyes. The youngest frowned, because Jaeyeon was never sleepy in the morning since she would always sleep early and wake up early.

“Jaeyeon-ah,” she called out. The owner of the name looked at her with half-lidded eyes. The three of them had dropped any formalities despite their age difference since long ago, making their bond even stronger.

“Didn’t you get enough sleep?” she asked concernedly while her hand pointing at Jaeyeon’s eyes.

“Oh… Yes. I think I got too excited last night. I couldn’t sleep,” she answered shortly with a flat, low voice. And it shocked everyone in the table.

Haejin blinked twice after five good seconds of silence. “Wow…” she muttered. Jaeyeon looked at her in confusion, still lazily chewing her pancake.

“So that’s how your voice sounds in a normal pitch…” Haejin said in a total astonishment. Jaeyeon weakly giggled before she started yawning.

Breakfast went back to normal as everyone continued to eat their meals. The sound of clinking porcelain cutlery filled the air, and no one seemed to come up with a topic. The housemaid came again bringing newspaper for the Chief and informed, “Chief, the guests request to see you.”

The girls didn’t even bother to look away and kept eating their meals as it wasn’t a new thing. Chief told the housemaid to send them in—which were JYJ. The girls greeted the three guys who looked gorgeous as usual despite it was only 7 in the morning. Jaejoong smiled briefly to Haejin which made the latter smiled back, being well-mannered as she always was.

“Is there any problem with your mansion?” Chief asked, now standing in front of them.

As usual, Jaejoong was the one to speak on behalf of the members. “No, Chief. Everything is perfect. It’s just… We couldn’t eat nor sleep well enough due to the shock, so we were wondering… Is it okay if we join all of you on every meal time?” he asked hesitantly.

The three ladies stopped eating for the second time this morning. They instantly turned their attention to Jaejoong with goggled eyes. In the past 3 years, they’d heard even the silliest requests, but not once did a guest ever request to have one meal together. Let alone every meal. Even the Chief fell silent, not expecting that kind of request.

Merely one second after, Chief let out a laugh which caused everybody to look at him. “Of course! You can always eat with us and spend your time here all you want! Come, son,” he fatherly motioned the members to join the table. He called the housemaids to take their orders quickly.

Their dining table was large, actually it was fit for 8 people. Since there were only 4 of them, they always had 4 empty seats. Chief was always seated at the head of the table, while Siyoung and Jaeyeon usually sat on his left, and Haejin sat on his right. Jaejoong was the first to take his seat, next to Haejin. Junsu took the only seat left next to Jaeyeon, and that made Yoochun sat next to Jaejoong.

Jaeyeon immediately sat upright, with eyes wide open as if she wasn’t sleepy in the first place. Junsu greeted her, and her face got all red. She greeted back without looking into his eyes, trying not to stumble over her words. Haejin who sat in front of them noticed Jaeyeon’s unusual reaction, and grabbed the situation right away. Her lips were curled upwards as she moved to take his cup of milk tea.

“Why are you smiling?” a voice stopped her before she could take a sip. She turned to her right and met Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Ah, it’s nothing,” she said. She was going to continue with her milk tea, but he interrupted her attempt again.

“She’s very cute,” Jaejoong stated, looking at Jaeyeon who was eating very awkwardly. Haejin glanced at her team mate and looked back at him.

“Junsu falls for her already. Is it allowed for you guys to date a guest?” he asked in a low whisper, trying not to get heard by his brother.

Haejin put down her cup before replying also in whisper just as low, “Only if the guest is the one initiating it.”

Jaejoong was about to say something when two housemaids interrupted, bringing foods for the members. “Enjoy your meal,” Haejin said to him. He smiled while nodding.

 


 

Thank you alexamoon21, anylia, vlaiyang, nariko7star, SoulRugger, ariena84, Thatstheshiix, chiohemoxa, mynameis, and aksaalzh for subscribing! Also Chihana for commenting :D

And of course to any of you who are reading this. Thank you, do share your thoughts :D