Missing In Action

The Safe House

After the rather pleasing yet torturing incident in the kitchen, Jaejoong couldn’t set his head straight. He couldn’t sleep, he lost appetite, and he would often be seen massaging his temple. He couldn’t bring himself to talk to Haejin without showing his emotions and desires. He had once ended up excusing himself abruptly in the middle of the conversation with her, because he had the sudden urge to grab her and smashed her lips onto his. Jaejoong let out a long exhale as he leaned his head back, sitting on the bench in the garden with his eyes closed.

“Jaejoong-ssi, are you okay?” a voice that had been playing in his head called. He opened his eyes and found a worried face. And it still looked beautiful.

“I’m fine,” he smiled. But the frown on the face in front of him didn’t go away, clearly not believing his short answer.

“You look pale. Do you get fever?” her hand was suddenly stretched out to touch his forehead, but he caught her wrist first. She was startled. She looked at him, who was also looking at her.

Haejin quickly apologized, thinking that he was irritated. “Ah, I’m sorry, Jaejoong-ssi. I’m being rude. I just wanted to check on your temperature, because you look pale,” she explained. She wanted to pull her hand back, but he didn’t let go. He just kept looking at her.

She furrowed. “What’s the matter?” she asked. He stayed silent for a few more seconds before finally releasing her hand.

“Nothing. Thank you for caring, doc,” he said as he got up. Haejin still looked at him in confusion, noticing his strange gesture. But he didn’t say anything else. He briefly caressed her cheek before he left.

♦♦♦

It was another quite afternoon for the girls, before Yoochun and Junsu barged in. “Guys, we got a problem!”

“What is it?” Siyoung asked, immediately got alarmed. Jaeyeon and Haejin were also instantly tensed.

“Jaejoong hyung is gone!” Yoochun blurted.

“What?!” Siyoung and Jaeyeon almost yelled. Haejin was shocked.

“He was still here about half an hour ago. He looked troubled, so he said he wanted to get some fresh air. I thought he’d walk around the residence, but he was nowhere to be found,” Junsu explained rapidly.

“Did he bring his phone?” Siyoung demanded. The two members shook their heads desperately.

“. Come, we have to tell the Chief.” They sprang to the Chief’s office.

“Chief, Jaejoong is gone!” Siyoung reported as soon as they rushed into the room.

Chief instantly got up as Siyoung added, “And he didn’t bring his cell phone.” The Chief paused a second upon the information before promptly calling the police for help.

“Ipod!” Haejin exclaimed suddenly. Everybody turned to her. She waited until Chief finished talking with the sheriff before started to explain.

Chief put down the phone and signaled Haejin to talk. “Three days ago, Jaejoong borrowed my iPod, because he broke his. And as you know, every electronic device belongs to The Safe House team has GPS planted in it. If he really did go out with troubled mind, he would bring it along with him,” she stopped to take a breath.

Realizing her point, Yoochun confirmed, “That’s right! Hyung always listens to music whenever he’s in a bad mood!”

Without any further discussion, Chief tracked her device through his computer, while tense took over the room. Everybody held their breath, hoping he’d really bring it. Only seconds after, the tracking software showed something.

“He’s in a café in Apgujeong,” Chief informed.

“Apgujeong?” Jaeyeon repeated in frustration. “But that’s his neighborho— Haejin-ah!” Jaeyeon yelped without finishing her sentence, but the youngest already dashed away.

“Proceed the emergency operation now!” Chief commanded. Siyoung accepted the order at once and rushed out of the room, followed by Jaeyeon. Chief asked the two members to wait in their mansion, but they refused. So he let them waited in his office instead.

The girls briefly dropped by the Equipment Unit, putting on their communication device in haste. Haejin was especially quiet. She darted out of the room as soon as she was done with her earpiece, followed shortly by her teammates. They rushed to the basement and headed straight to their cars.

“I’ll head out first,” was the only thing heard from Haejin’s mouth before she got in the car.

 


 

Thank you mywaterbottle for subscribing, and for those who commented :D

This is a short chapter but I hope you still enjoy it. Comments are always loved ^^