Pink Here and There

The Safe House

“Hey, Taec. I’m just about to check on you. Everything’s good?” Haejin happened to meet Taecyeon in front of his mansion. He was on his way out riding a Segway with a golf bag draped on his shoulder.

“Hey, H. Everything’s great! Thanks for this, by the way,” he replied her English greeting with an equally perfect accent while pointing the vehicle he was on.

She casually shook her head. “No need. This is not your first time here, and I swiped your credit card, Sir. Anyway, you’re leaving tomorrow, right?” she looked at his record on a tablet in her hand.

“Can I extend one more day? It’s very nice here,” he peeked over the tablet.

She tapped the screen, checking for something. “Yup, you can. Do you want me to take care of it?”

“Oh, how kind of you,” Taecyeon playfully doe-eyed at her and puckered his lips like a squirrel.

Haejin laughed her heart out, never getting used to his silly face. “Do spare me, Taec. Well then, if there’s anything you need, you know where to find me,” finally stopped laughing, she was going to leave. Taecyeon got off his Segway and hugged her lightly before they carried on with their businesses.

She decided to go back to the main house first to take care of Taecyeon’s extension. She was walking along the stoned path with her attention fully on the tablet she was using to reply an email from one of their suppliers. Not noticing anything ahead, she bumped in to a strong figure above her height. She was bounced two steps back. She looked up.

“What was that?” Jaejoong stood with hands in his pockets.

She frowned. “What was what?”

“That well-built man you just hugged. Ok Taecyeon, right? What’s up with him?” he emphasized on the word ‘hugged’, sounded slightly annoyed.

Haejin gawked. “You’re jealous?” she squinted. He nodded straightly.

She pursed her lips into a thin line, trying not to crack up. He made a suspicious look as he folded his arms on the front.

“He’s a good friend, he’s been here three times already. I’m always the one assisting him. He feels very comfortable talking in English and I do speak the language. It's only natural for us to get along well,” she explained after swallowing down her guffaw.

“Still, does he need to hug you?’ he frowned, obviously objecting.

“Well, he grew up in America, while I did in England. Hugging is something we casually do to each other,” she shrugged.

Jaejoong accepted her explanation as it did make sense. Seeing his face went back to normal, she motioned him to come along as she was going to carry on to the main house. She moved forward but he didn’t, making her almost bumped in to him again. A puzzled look was on her face.

“Come, Jaejoong-ssi. Why are you not moving?” she said while taking a step to the side, trying to walk past him.

Not so surprisingly, he stepped to the side too, blocking her again. She moved to the other side, where he swiftly brought himself in front of her.

“Jae, what are you doing?” she asked desperately. He grinned.

“Now that sounds better. Let’s go then,” he took her hand and started walking, with her eventually cracking up at his sudden cheesy act.

All the way to the main house, Haejin had been trying to persuade him to release her hand, but it all failed. He always responded to any reason she came up with, but his hand still wouldn’t leave hers. Out of arguments, she sighed helplessly as they reached the lobby. When they stepped in, the two receptionists greeted but instantly dropped their jaws upon seeing the laced fingers. She mouthed to them ‘don’t ask’ without stopping on her way.

They were heading to the Administration Unit when they heard Siyoung’s voice from the Gathering Room. Haejin went to the room, naturally pulling Jaejoong along as he still held her hand. Siyoung sounded like she was grumbling, and it turned out Jaeyeon was also there.

Haejin was entering the room when she heard, “No offense, okay. You guys are really cute together, but I can’t help not to envy. You know, my parents…”

Haejin really wanted to turn around and left, but it was too late. She was already in the room, with three pair of eyes staring at her and the one holding her hand.

“Holy crap! Even you Park Haejin?!” Siyoung exclaimed at the ironic, far-fetched reality before her eyes. Something she—and Jaeyeon, of course—never thought they’d see: Park Haejin in a man’s arm. Their very own youngest teammate, the one with utmost indifference towards feelings, the one with an untouchable heart, Park Haejin. Yes, her.

A long howl filled every corner of the room in the next second as Siyoung slumped desperately on the couch. Haejin tried to explain, but Siyoung was still wailing over her frustration and lack of fortune in love life.

Haejin sighed and turned to the other two who had been gawking at them. They were of course, none other than… yep, the chirping couple. Jaeyeon squealed at the sight of Haejin’s interlocked hand, while Junsu already flung himself to his hyung.

“Oh my god, Haejin-ah! This is incredible! You’ve finally fou—”

“Stop.” Haejin put her palm right in front of Jaeyeon’s face, effectively shutting her up.

“This is not how it looks like, okay? Just please stop screaming!” Haejin almost sounded desperate herself.

“It's not??” an even louder yelp made of four, instead of three, different range of voices struck her ears. She jolted and reflexively covered them with her hands. She then realized both of her hands were free.

She looked up only to found three bulging eyes and one glare. “I mean, it’s not completely how it looks like. We’re still… figuring things out,” she creased her forehead at the last part, as if an alien word just slipped from her tongue.

“Right? You said so,” she turned to him with gentle eyes that fit perfectly with her smile. The anxiety was slowly leaving his face as his eyes softened back.

“What should I do nooooow,” the loud cry broke their gaze as Siyoung began to whine again. Chuckling, her teammates chose to just let her wail to her heart’s content.

“Anyways, I’m really happy for both of you,” Haejin uttered her sincere wish for the newly-coupled love birds. Jaeyeon blushed.

“I’m really happy for you too, maknae. I hope it will work out,” Jaeyeon hugged the youngest. On that moment, Jaeyeon looked like an older sister.

“What should I doooo,” Siyoung shook her head hard, gaining everyone’s attention again. “I’ll be a 30 year-old ahjumma in two years, and my parents keep pestering me about getting married, and I’ve been longing for a man…”

“What’s all the noise? Is someone having a party?” a voice entered the room. They knew it was Yoochun’s in a split second.

Suddenly, the eyes of the two new couplets widened in unison. As if being struck by one same enlightening spirit, they were brought upon a same realization of the scene in front of them. The four of them exchanged looks with one another, knowing that they had a same thought in minds.

“O! What is this?? You guys are items now??” Yoochun pointed at them, still didn't notice their meaningful eyes.

Being the prankster, Jaejoong wrapped his arm around Haejin’s shoulder and replied, “Yeah, guess you’re on your own now, Yoochun-ah. Or better yet… Why don’t you go find someone for yourself too?” He smirked.

“Eii, you’re too much, hyung! Even finding paparazzi in this Safe House is still easier than that,” oblivious Yoochun pouted.

Haejin could barely hold her grin, while Jaeyeon already stifling her laugh in Junsu’s arm. Haejin switched her gaze to Siyoung who apparently had realized what they were up to.

Ignoring the death glare from her leader, Haejin spoke with a very innocent face, “Siyoung-ah, sorry for ignoring you. What were you saying again? Something about your love life, isn't it? Ah, I remember. You were saying that your parents are pestering you to get married, and you’ve been looonging for a man. Right?”

Siyoung’s face turned in to a total red when she stood up and mouthed scolds to them from Yoochun’s back. Haejin and Jaeyeon dragged their men along after abruptly excusing themselves.

Yoochun turned around to see Siyoung who was standing awkwardly. He smiled, already grasping the situation.

“Siyoung-ssi,” he called, sounded effortlessly charming. Siyoung almost jumped.

“Y-yes?” she stuttered.

“Do you play golf?”

 


 

Thank you AlwaysAnElf for subscribing! Thanks to all the readers, especially the ones left comments :D

I hope you enjoy the story, do share your thoughts ^^