Their sun

A Different Beginning

Kibum refused to let go of Sekyung as they sat down, afraid that she would just dissolve and disappear again, which resulted in them sitting next to each other with him holding onto one of her arms tightly with both of his hands. She smiled sadly at him and grabbed one of his hands, prying it off her arm gently.

Would she disappear if he didn’t keep a tight hold on her?

“I won’t disappear.” She whispered as if he had voiced his thoughts out loud.

Kibum sniffled and nodded, but still squeezing her hand tightly enough to stop the blood from flowing to her fingers. Sekyung didn’t complain, though, and gave him a squeeze back.

“Kibum, what do you-” Sunny returned from the kitchen, carrying a tray with tea, and blinked in surprise at the new arrival. “Hello?”

Sekyung gave her a tentative smile and stood up, reaching out a hand to her. Kibum had to stretch his arm in an awkward angle to not lose his grip of her.

“Hello, I’m Sekyung.” She introduced herself. “Kibum's friend.”

Probably best friend at the moment. Except for Jin. He had Jin who remembered him too.

Sunny looked between them, a slightly surprised look on her face, but put the tray down on the table and took the hand offered.

“I’m Sunny.” She replied with a warm smile.

Kibum bit his lip, trying to stop his tears that were still running down his cheeks silently with even pauses.

“Thank you or taking care of Kibum.” Sekyung continued and bowed. “I’m really relieved to know he has had you beside him. I heard you have taken good care of him.”

Sunny blushed looking flattered and bowed slightly as well.

“It’s nothing to thank me for, although I didn’t know he’s been talking about me.” She said and looked apologetic. “I haven’t heard about you before though.”

Sekyung’s expression turned sad. “I know, but please don’t blame him. It was my fault really.”

Sunny glanced at Kibum's still teary face, eyes conveying both confusion and hope, and nodded.

“Uh,” Sekyung said uncertainly, biting her lip, “I’m sorry to interrupt what you were doing but could I talk to Kibum alone somewhere? We haven’t seen each other for so long.”

Sunny nodded again, but eagerly this time. “Of course, I was just making him something warm. Kibum?”

“I,” his voice cracked slightly and he tried swallowing the tears that were stuck in his throat, making it hard to speak, “live just above.”

Sekyung smiled at him gently. “Let’s go there then.”

“Do you want me to bring up another cup of tea?” Sunny asked as Kibum stood up to lead the way, tugging at Sekyung’s hand.

“That would be lovely.” Sekyung said. “Thank you.”
Sunny disappeared back into the kitchen at once and the remaining two started making their way up the stairs behind the counter.

They sat down at the kitchen table while silently waiting for Sunny to bring the tea. Kibum had managed to make his tears go away and was now staring at Sekyung, trying not to blink. She chuckled a little at him and scratched Jin, who had happily welcomed her with a loud ‘mrreow’ and jumped onto her lap as soon as she had sat down, behind his ears with her free hand.

Sunny finally came after a few minutes, put the teacups on the table and left without a word, giving Kibum a small hug just before she exited the kitchen and whispering in his ear that everything would be okay. Kibum tried to smile reassuringly at her.

Sekyung took a shaky breath as the front door closed behind Sunny and they were left alone again.

“I… don’t know where to begin.” She said in a low voice, looking at the table.

Kibum swallowed, squeezing her still tightly held hand. “When… you disappeared… where did you go?”

She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment, a small frown appearing on her forehead.

“We… ceased to exist… just like I told you.” She bit her lip. “But then one day I just woke up, I think the same goes for the others, and here I was, a whole new life spreading out around me, parents, siblings, different friends, memories from my existence now added to those from my other life. And no powers left at all.”

“How come you are the only one remembering?” Kibum mumbled, chest hurting slightly. “Are the others playing tricks on me?”

Sekyung shook her head, eyes full of sorrow.

“They really can’t remember.” She whispered. “And I hate to tell you this Kibum, but they are not entirely the same either. They are different. They’re not the one’s you used to know, which I’m sure you have noticed.”

Kibum nodded, trying not to sob. “But why now? Why did you come back now?”

Sekyung smiled slightly. “Because of you.”

He felt a few tears escape down his cheeks.

God, would he ever stop crying?

“Don’t you remember?” Sekyung’s smile grew a little. “You’ll never get rid of us.”

Kibum had to let out a watery laugh, remembering her and Taemin telling him that.

“Yeah.”

“And… there is something else I need to tell you.” Sekyung’s smile vanished and Kibum's heart dropped. “Jonghyun he…”

Kibum's breathing was getting irregular and his stomach twisted.

What? Jonghyun what?

“He probably could remember as well but please don’t make him.”

Kibum stopped breathing altogether. “What?”

“I don’t know how or even if he will, but since we both were quite strong he should still have it somewhere inside him just like me.” Sekyung sighed. “But it would probably hurt him. A lot.”

Fresh tears ran down his face and a sob shook his body as he realized what that meant.

“So I can’t be with him again?”

A few tears ran down Sekyung’s cheeks as well at hearing the brokenhearted tone in his voice. “I’m not going to stop you Kibum, I don’t have the right, but just think it through. It might not even be your decision anyway.”

“What do you mean?”

“There is a sort of force field around you that made us come back, made us unconsciously look for you and find you.” Sekyung explained. “It brings back the way we were with you before and even strengthens our bonds. You are our sun and we the planets, to put it scientifically, and we can’t disappear unless you do since it was your energy that saved us that time.”

“So Jonghyun…”

“Jonghyun does what Jonghyun sees fit, so I can’t promise your relationship will be as it was. And like I said before, he is not the same as the one you knew, even I’m not the same although I remember. If, however, you get closer just know you could hurt him quite badly.”

Kibum started sobbing again, suddenly feeling at a loss as to what to do. Not that he had known anyway, but suddenly every thought about starting again with Jonghyun seemed so far off reality that his head hurt.

Just when he had made up his mind to get him back, despite however much it would hurt.

Sekyung got up to put her arms around him, making Jin let out a complaining sound and sulk his way to the living room.

“I’m not telling you to never see him again.” She murmured in his ear. “I don’t want you to be apart and I don’t want you to be hurt any more than you already have been, but I have to warn you. You have to know the power and impact you have on all of us.”

Kibum nodded, trying to keep his head clear but wanting to curl up on his bed at the same time since he now felt more lost than ever.

“A-and… what about Lightwood?” He had to ask.

Sekyung pulled back to look him in the eyes. “He’s gone. He didn’t have enough of his own life-force to continue existing.”

Kibum breathed a sigh of relief, momentarily forgetting about his other troubles, and Sekyung laughed. She squeezed him once more before sitting down again, taking the cup of tea in her hands, looking slightly hopeful.

“Tell me what happened after we last saw each other.”

Kibum smiled at her faintly, knowing she wouldn’t like what she heard. “I was a mess…”

Sekyung’s hopeful face turned into a pained expression as Kibum continued to tell her how every night he would dream about them, waking up and crying. How he desperately tried to forget and push his memories away. How he ended up in the café and found two new friends, but still not being able to fill the hole in his chest. How he had wasted away his days with only work and more work, Jin as his only company on his days off. He told her everything up until the moment she herself entered the café.

“I’m sorry I took so long.” She whispered sadly.

Kibum shook his head. “I’m not blaming you.”

“You should.” She grimaced. “We all put you through a lot of pain and it’ll probably continue.”

He laughed weakly. “Well, at least you’re here. By the way, how did you find me?”

A small smile appeared on her lips. “Minho told me about this Kibum at work who for some reason seemed like he had seen a ghost when you two met. I knew you were somewhere near, but I had no idea of how close you actually were. I attend the university which is within a five minute walk from here.”

Kibum stared at her with wide eyes. “Then why have I never seen you before? All those students usually come here.”

“I spent my free hours looking for you since I knew you were somewhere out there, alone.” She shrugged, wrinkling her nose. “I just never guessed you would be that close. Right under my nose.”

“Really.” Kibum rubbed his eyes tiredly and Sekyung laughed.

“I think I should leave.” She said and stood up, looking at the clock. “It’s late and I have classes tomorrow and you have work.”

Kibum panicked tightening his grip on her hand, which had loosened slightly, again.

“You’ll be back right?” He asked, sounding so desperate he blushed.

But he was desperate. Desperate for them to stay and never leave again.

Sekyung smiled at him and ruffled his hair. “I’ll be here every day from now on! So often that you’ll grow tired of me and never want to see even a strand of my hair again!”

Kibum shook his head vigorously. “Never!”

Sadness passed her eyes before she bent down and hugged him again.

“Go to bed, you must be really tired.” She stepped back. “I’ll come tomorrow at lunch.”

Kibum nodded and followed her to the door. It took some persuading but he finally mustered up the courage to let her hand go and wave goodbye, nervously watching her go down the stairs.

If she didn’t show up tomorrow, he would completely loose it and probably end up in a mental hospital.

 

 

 

A/N: TT_TT

This chapter feels, well... not good :( I got completely stuck after the first sentence, but I tried. And then I just gave up, so I'm not entirely happy with this... we'll see however, maybe I'll like it in a few days... but now it's just blah

Anyhoo... I hope you're not totally disappointed, but if you are I completely understand

Lots of love! <3

Bye~!

ps. sorry for being depressive