About Kibum...

A Different Beginning

A/N: Hey, I’d like you to read this please >_<

 

(…)One thing I'm wondering though, you've been describing since the first series that Kibum has a power within him. And although he didn't even realize that, the power was great enough to affect other people's magic, for example Sekyung waking up in BP because Kibum arrived in the Mansion, and Sekyung start to regain her magic because of her being around Kibum. My question is, will you use this fact to somehow solve the problem in the future? I mean it would be great if Kibum can finally get to use his magic consciously to help his beloved one(s), and for once being the hero of his own story(…)

I got a this question on the last chapter from snowypath about Kibum and his powers and I had actually been wondering how I was going to explain them to all of you. And then I thought that if I was going to answer her I might as well give this information to all of you. So, I decided to do it like this since I can’t fit it into the story.

To start with, Kibum's powers lay dormant within him until he entered the Lightwood mansion. The reason for his “awakening”, as you could call it, was because he was so very close to dying and that unlocked the part within him that could use magic in order to get him to safety.

The other thing about his magical abilities is that they heal. He has a healing power, simply put. He healed the broken hopes and dreams of everyone living in the mansion, he healed the relationships that had shattered because of the curse, he managed to piece Jonghyun's emotions back together and make him return fully and so on, but most of all he kind of healed himself. Although, healing can’t be done unless the person or thing receiving the healing wants to heal or is aware that it needs to heal (hence it wasn’t working on Lightwood and because of that he disappeared). That is why he can’t “heal” the memories of the others since they are not aware they even have them. Jonghyun is a different matter as he had powers in his other life and those powers would usually enable him to remember. His soul knows this and that was why Kibum had the effect on him that he had.

That is not all there is to it however, as Lightwood is one of Kibum's ancestors. And since Lightwood is a strong sorcerer, Kibum is quite powerful as well, although unconsciously. There is a lot more underneath his ability to heal, but not all of it is good. However not all of it will be brought forth either (thankfully).

To explain the differences in Kibum and Lightwood’s magic in this story I can only say that the magic is born neutral, colorless if you will. It is the person who possesses the magic that transforms it into either good or bad or something else, puts color to it. That is to say, Lightwood’s magic was molded into what it is out of disgust and loathing while Kibum's was molded from protectiveness and love, generally giving him stronger feelings than a normal person.

The main point is that while the magical abilities of Jonghyun, Sekyung and Lightwood were conscious ones, Kibum's is completely subconscious. He has no control over it and he never even knows he actually does anything magical at all. This does not mean Kibum won’t be able to use it and it will probably create some problems when it becomes strong enough for him to be consciously aware of it (it would solve a lot of his problems if he actually was able to use his magic, right? xP).

If I want to show you exactly what happens, I would have to write a third story. Maybe someday I will if anyone’s interested, but right now there are a few other stories I’d rather want to tell than continue this story after I’ve given you the happy ending I promised.

So, yep, there you have it! I’m sorry if I made it more confusing or just brought something up you thought was unnecessary, but I have been thinking about how to make this clear in the story, not finding a place for it to fit in, and when I got the question I just thought ‘Well, I might as well do it this way…’ However, you never know... it might be brought up later in the story, but right now I don't really know... I hope it's okay :/

And that’s it! Kibum's powers revealed! :D

I hope this answer was satisfactory! ^_^

Bye~!

 

P.s  I would have put this in "Beautiful people extra" but since more of you read this I could just put it here... Hope you don't mind...