Calm before the storm (?)

A Different Beginning

Kibum waved to Mir behind the register, joining Taemin and Jinki at their table in the café with a sigh. The other two looked up at him a little startled, as Jinki had been trying to teach Taemin physics and they both had been too concentrated to notice him.

“Hi Hyung!” Taemin immediately flashed him a sunshine smile.

“Hello, Kibum.” Jinki smiled as well.

“Hi.” He answered back. “Why are you here? Both Minho and I have a day off.”

Jinki wrinkled his nose. “Well, Taemin figured you would be here sooner or later and he didn’t want to stay in the apartment to study.”

“Oh.” Kibum laughed a little.

Jinki smiled at him some more before he turned back to the book, ready to continue their study session.

“Is that… Jonghyun-Hyung’s clothes you’re wearing?” Taemin suddenly asked, completely ignoring his cousin and Jinki sighed silently, putting down the pen he had been holding.

Kibum blinked before looking down at his body and blushing. “Uh…”

Well, this was awkward…

“So you really didn’t go home yesterday?” The boy continued and turned to Jinki. “I told you so!”

Kibum's blush deepened and looked at the oldest of them pleadingly. Jinki nodded with a chuckle and started asking Taemin about some particles behavior to distract the boy. Although Taemin seemed reluctant to let go of the subject at first, he continued to answer Jinki's questions after being reminded of how close his test was. Kibum let out a small, relieved breath and sank a little lower in his chair.

He liked Jinki a lot. The older never asked questions, letting the other party tell him if they wanted, and he was also always very observant of the situation. Kibum smiled sadly.

Jinki hadn’t changed all that much.

He sighed again and watched the other two for a while before deciding that he would get less of a headache if he observed the people passing outside the window instead, letting his thoughts wander to Jonghyun and his mother. He didn’t get far, though, as Sekyung suddenly appeared in his field of vision, Minho right behind her, waving at him happily before rushing inside.

“Hi, Kibum!” She said cheerily. “And Taemin and Jinki-Oppa!”

The other two looked up and greeted both her and Minho before going back to the exercise they were currently doing.

Kibum rolled his eyes and chuckled at her. “You sound like we haven’t met for weeks.”

She shrugged and pulled up a chair beside him, followed by Minho who gave him a nod and smile. Kibum returned the gesture as the taller sat down. Then the two of them proceeded to stare at him for a while and Kibum raised his eyebrows questioningly when they didn’t voice what they apparently were thinking. Sekyung and Minho glanced at each other, mischievous grins spreading on their lips and making Kibum feel slightly uncomfortable. He had a feeling that if both of them looked at each other and grinned like that it was a bad omen.

“What’s up with you two?” He asked nervously.

Taemin and Jinki looked at them curiously as well, hearing Kibum's question.

“Is that a bug bite?” Minho asked too innocently and Sekyung bit her lip, looking like she was holding back laughter.

Everyone at the table looked at Kibum now and his eyes widened, his whole face turning red.

“W-what?” He said, flustered, quickly covering his neck with both his hands. “W-where?”

Sekyung and Jinki started laughing while Taemin looked between them confusedly and Minho continued to grin at him.

“You sure are getting along well.” He continued and Kibum scowled at him. “So, I won’t have to wait long for a nice or nephew?”

Kibum's scowl turned into a glare and his cheeks were so red he could almost see the shine from them. Sekyung and Jinki only started laughing harder.

“What?” Taemin asked, puzzled. “What are you talking about? Who’s pregnant?”

Minho's shoulders were starting to shake from the laughter he was holding in. “You see Taemin, when two people love each other-”

Kibum slammed his hands onto the table top, turning his glare from one to the other. Taemin looked like he finally understood what Minho was talking about and his cheeks reddened as well, although their color and shine couldn’t match Kibum's.

“You can all go rot in a corner somewhere in hell.” Kibum muttered.

“Aw, come on Kibum!” Minho started laughing. “We’re just joking!”

“Well look at that, I’m laughing like there’s no tomorrow!” Kibum huffed angrily.

“Sorry, Kibum.” Sekyung panted, holding her stomach. “We couldn’t resist.”

He pursed his mouth. “I noticed.”

“By the way, where is the other victim to this joke?” Minho chortled, drying a tear. “I thought he’d be with you.”

Kibum's scowl turned into a frown and he sighed.

“His mother came to visit.” He mumbled.

Everyone at the table stilled to look at him in surprise.

“His mother?” Jinki asked. “Really?”

“Well,” Kibum shrugged, “that’s what he called her at least.”

“Oh dear.” Sekyung murmured. “Poor Jonghyun.”

“Yeah,” Kibum said slowly, “I get the feeling she isn’t that fun to deal with.”

“Did she see you?” Taemin asked and Kibum nodded.

“Let’s hope she doesn’t come after you then.” Minho added, looking a little worried.

Kibum looked between the other four questioningly, not really understanding their worry.

It wasn’t like Jonghyun's mother would murder him or anything, was it?

Before he could ask, however, his phone rang. He pulled it out to see Jonghyun's name light up the screen and answered immediately, ignoring the knowing looks he got from the others.

“Hello?”

“Kibum, I’m outside in my car.” Jonghyun answered. “I’m sorry I can’t enter the café right now, because… you know…”

Kibum looked out the window to see a black, shiny car parked in front of the entrance and smiled.

“It’s fine.”

“So, do you want to go?” The other asked.

“Yeah.” He stood up. “I’ll be right there.”

Jonghyun chuckled a little. “Okay. Tell the others I said hi.”

“Sure, see you in a few.” Kibum said and hung up. “Jonghyun says hi.”

The others looked at him, all wearing a knowing smirk except for Taemin who was pouting slightly.

“Where is he?” Minho asked.

Kibum pointed to the car outside and the other four turned to look at it for a moment before waving. No one was sure Jonghyun had seen it as all the windows were tinted, but they continued to wave anyway.

“I’ll get going.” Kibum informed them. “See you later.”

“Have fun on your date!” Sekyung said.

“Use protection!” Minho called. “Or wait, don’t!”

Kibum blushed again and hurried outside to avoid hearing their laughter. He quickly crossed the sidewalk and slipped into the passenger seat, turning to Jonghyun with a smile. The other smiled back at him, but Kibum frowned as Jonghyun's hole face came into view.

“You’re hurt.” He murmured and raised his hand to gently touch Jonghyun's left cheek, which was a bit red and swollen. “What happened?”

“Oh, my mother and I had a fight and she… sort of slapped me.” Jonghyun grimaced.

Kibum's eyes widened. “She slapped you? Why?”

“I’m not doing what she wants.” He shrugged. “She has some sort of plan for me.”

Some sort of plan? Would that involve separating them?

Kibum bit his lip anxiously. “What plan?”

Jonghyun met his eyes and seemed to contemplate on whether to tell him or not.

“Nothing that I can’t handle. I’ll stop it before she can trap me even more than she already has.” He said with a sigh and grabbed Kibum's hand that was still on his cheek to interlace their fingers. “Don’t worry.”

Kibum swallowed down all the questions and nodded. He believed that Jonghyun was feeling enough for him to not just dump Kibum on his because his mother said so. Besides, they had a past, even if Jonghyun consciously knew it or not. Although, that past was also making the whole thing about Jonghyun being trapped feel familiar.

“Jonghyun?” Kibum murmured.

The mentioned met his gaze and they stared at each other for a while, forgetting what he wanted to say. Kibum wasn’t sure how he looked, however, it made something like worry pass Jonghyun's eyes and he leaned in to press their lips together, putting an arm around Kibum's waist. Kibum locked his arms around Jonghyun's neck, pulling them together even closer in an awkward position, but they didn’t care.

“Even if I don’t know what happened to you before,” Jonghyun whispered against his lips once they pulled apart a little to breathe, “I won’t let you go easily and I will do my best to make you happy.”

Kibum swallowed the lump that formed in his throat and sought out the other’s lips again, trying to convey just how much he meant to him. He hoped it got across because he wasn’t able to put everything he felt into words and he wanted Jonghyun to know that it had been, and always would be, about him.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I am not happy with this... but I didnt feel like dragging it out too much and well... as some of you may have noticed there's not even a title to the chapter, so if you can think of one that would fit I'd gladly use it...

It will be a bit harder for me to write at the moment because some things happened and it is really making me feel bad, whIch means my inspiration isn't on top and I'm sorry

Okay, I'll try to sound less depressed...

So, this chapter is relly just a filler, or feels like it anyway :) but things are going to be happening in this story again soon and if I do this the way I planned there are only about ten chapters or less left and then all of this is done! ^_^ Well, if you don't count the Beautiful People extra thing...

Anyway, I hope you liked it and I know it's short and slightly pointless >_<

I love all of you guys for sticking with this story. It doesn't matter if you comment or not 'cause I see the number of subscribers and that makes me happy since I'm not writing this for comments but for readers :) Athough, it would be nice if I got a 'I liked this story' at the end ^_^ No need to comment through the whole thing.

Wow, haha, that'll probably give me less comments now xD It doesn't matter

Okay, so I LOVE you!!

Bye~! <3