Giving in

A Different Beginning

Kibum let out a heavy sigh and pushed the wet strands of hair out of his face, squinting his eyes slightly in the wind.

He had gone to Sunny’s friends company to make a delivery and was on his way back, silently cursing himself as the rain that just suddenly started to fall was soon pouring down and soaking him through. But he didn’t increase his speed, he wouldn’t arrive until after closing time anyway. Besides, he wasn’t feeling like returning to the café to try and be cheerful in front of Taemin or find Sekyung with yet another disappointed shake of her head.

His steps became a little slower as his heart became heavier.

She had spent one week trying to figure out what to do about Jonghyun while Kibum had tried to figure out a way to avoid him, because Jonghyun didn’t stay away as he should have. He came almost every evening and Kibum had to scramble into the kitchen or up the stairs every time, afraid that even the sight of him would make the other spontaneously combust. He had a feeling Jonghyun wanted to work it out and he tried very hard to resist giving in to that feeling.

However Kibum was slowly loosing his willpower to fight against the pull Jonghyun had on him. He caught himself waiting for the other just to catch the quickest sight of him, even though it would hurt, before he disappeared to his hiding places and at this point, almost one and a half week since he had last spoken to Jonghyun, he was so very close to just stay where he stood and let the other walk up to him whenever he came to visit. Minho's presence had his head clear up however, and he soon made his escape yet again. But Kibum was feeling his willpower crumble bit by bit every time he caught another glimpse of the three tone haired man looking at him with a thoughtful expression on his face.

Everything somehow made him feel empty but the same time full. He knew he couldn’t reach out to Jonghyun and that he shouldn’t stay behind longer and longer each day but he simply couldn’t deny his heart that was beating for the very man he was supposed to ignore.

Kibum was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the car that had started to drive beside him on the road at his walking pace. But when he did he almost jumped out of his skin and readied himself to fight the ert following him as the window on the driver’s side rolled down. Kibum almost started yelling at the person that he wasn’t some hooker he could just pick up but his voice caught in throat, as did his breath, when he actually saw who was driving.

Jonghyun looked at him with raised eyebrows but an otherwise unreadable expression and Kibum nearly fainted right then and there on the sidewalk, in the rain. Luckily his body seemed to manage on it’s own and he abruptly turned away, picking up his speed and trying to ignore the man in the car as well as the pain that he always seemed to carry these days intensified slightly.

The vehicle easily fell into the same pace as Kibum's walk and he couldn’t help himself glancing at the driver again.

“You’re on your way to the café, right? I’ll drive you.” Jonghyun called to be heard over the rain and street noise.

Kibum almost stopped dead in his tracks at hearing his voice again after being without it for one and a half week. He wanted nothing more than to get in the car and grab onto Jonghyun to never let go. However, he pressed his lips together and shook his head, walking even faster.

He couldn’t risk anything.

“Come on!” Jonghyun sounded slightly frustrated. “It’s not like I’m a stranger! Besides, if you continue like this you’ll probably get pneumonia!”

Kibum looked at him then and he had to force the next words to leave his mouth while fighting to keep a steady expression and voice, continuing to walk briskly.

“I don’t want to be in the same car as you.” The sentence left a bile taste in his mouth and he bit his lip, feeling the void i his chest once again move. Luckily, tears didn’t show in the rain. “I’m almost there anyway.”

He just needed to round the corner and he’d be in the small alley leading to the back entrance of the café. His speed increased even more.

“Thank you for offering, bye!” He said hastily and ducked into the alley at the speed of light.

He could hear his own pulse in his ears as his heart was beating wildly in his chest and he could feel warm water drops mix with cold ones. He hadn’t talked to Jonghyun in what seemed forever and he had no idea what to do in the sudden situation he found himself in. The last thing he wanted was to make Jonghyun's brain into scrambled eggs.

He was almost at the door when Jonghyun caught up with him, having stopped the car and followed by foot.

“Kibum!” He said loudly and grabbed his arm.

Kibum turned around instinctively, his whole body starting to shiver like a leaf at the feel of the other’s hand tightly gripping his upper arm.

Why, why, why?

He couldn’t look Jonghyun in the eyes and he wanted so badly to be able to shake the wonderfully, warm hand on his arm off but his willpower was on the verge of becoming a heap of dust. He stared at the ground, trying to make his head and heart cooperate and agree on something, either shoving the wonderful man in front of him away or grab onto him and never let go.

“What is it that’s going on?” Jonghyun asked and Kibum covered slightly. “I have thought about it ever since you ran out on me and I have concluded that you really aren’t like the other people that have tried to get my attention. I don’t want to let this go to waste.”

Kibum swallowed and chanced a glance at the other’s face, regretting it immediately as he was caught in Jonghyun's warm eyes. He clutched the t-shirt at his chest with his free hand, trying to lessen the feeling of it being wide open.

“I-I…” he stammered, the sound of the rain almost drowning out his voice, “just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Does this have to do with that other person?” Jonghyun said in a slight growl and Kibum shivered, trying to look away but failing miserably. “Minho told me about what Sekyung said.”

A sob escaped his lips and Kibum tried tugging his arm away without much success. His willpower to get away from Jonghyun had completely been obliterated as soon as he had looked into his eyes. Jonghyun watched him for a while, as Kibum still tired to make up his mind while trying to stifle his sobs, before he pulled him under the small roof above the door and out of the rain.

“I don’t mind getting used for a while if it means you’ll fall for me in the end, Kibum.” He murmured and Kibum hiccupped, realizing how close they suddenly were. “I really feel like I need to be by your side.”

“I can’t…” Kibum whimpered and shook his head weakly, dragging the back of his free arm over his eyes. “You don’t know what you’re doing.”

“No,” Jonghyun agreed in a low voice, “I don’t. But I do know that I have fallen for you quite a bit.”

Kibum let another sob escape involuntarily and suddenly he could feel Jonghyun's fingertips on his cheek, drying away the wetness. Startled, he backed away. However, he didn’t manage to take more than three very small steps before his back collided with the door and he stared at Jonghyun in fright, waiting for a sign of pain. But Jonghyun only looked at him with worry, no trace of pain visible, and he was coming closer yet again. Kibum watched the now evident feeling of love warm up the others eyes helplessly, his body refusing to move or reject Jonghyun anymore as the other cupped Kibum's cheek, drying a tear with his thumb. And then they stood there staring at each other, fighting a battle they didn’t even know the meaning of. Kibum didn’t know what he was doing but suddenly his hand unconsciously rose up to grab the one Jonghyun had on his cheek and pull it away. Once he realized what he had done he planned to let go, but his fingers apparently had other thoughts as they interlaced themselves with Jonghyun's instead. The other’s eyes widened slightly and Kibum let out a shaky breath, tears continuing to roll down his face.

“Kibum.” Jonghyun breathed, a small hopeful smile on his lips. “I want you.”

He leaned in closer but Kibum turned his head away. He still hade some sense in him, however little it might be.

“I-I don’t know…” he said uncertainly, looking at the ground.

You could get completely messed up.

Jonghyun's other hand grabbed his chin to turn his head back and soon Kibum was caught in the other’s gaze again.

“I do.”

Jonghyun didn’t give him time to dwell on it further before he pulled him even closer, capturing his lips with his own.

Kibum's mind went completely empty as his instincts took over. He forgot all about why he shouldn’t do this and all the consequences that probably would follow his momentary weakness. He couldn’t bring himself to think about anything else except Jonghyun's lips on his own as he put his arms around his neck to pull him closer, resulting in him being pushed up against the door. But he didn’t care. He was done caring for the moment.

“Jonghyun.” Kibum whispered against his lips and got a hum in response. “I want you too.”

He really didn’t care anymore.

Jonghyun pulled back to look at him, his eyes shining slightly with happiness. “Really?”

Kibum answered him by seeking out his lips again and pull his fingers through his hair gently. A few memories threatened to appear in his mind, but Kibum was too occupied with the arms around his waist and the feeling of growing elation as the kiss became deeper, his back pressed harder against the door. He wanted to stay like that forever.

The sudden honk of a car startled them and they drew apart, lips red, eyes glowing, quick breaths.

Something must have snapped in Kibum's brain because he suddenly started giggling. Maybe the fact that Jonghyun wasn’t doubling over in pain was making his mind so overworked that his senses had just flown out the window. Jonghyun studied him for a moment before he chuckled as well.

Hearing the other’s laugh, Kibum let go of all his worries and grabbed Jonghyun's hands, opening the door to pull him inside. Because for the moment he felt like someone, somewhere, might have given him the chance to have Jonghyun for just a while and that was not something he would let pass just like that, however much it would hurt him later.

To Kibum's relief Sunny and Mir seemed too busy with customers to notice them sneak up the stairs. Soon they were inside his apartment, giggling softly, keeping a firm hold on each other’s hand, kissing gently and hugging tightly.

Kibum was about to pull Jonghyun to the couch in the living room when the phone, which Minho had refused to take back, buzzed in his pocket. He tried to ignore it but when he took it out to put it away he caught a glimpse of the caller and he just couldn’t let it be. He gave Jonghyun an apologetic look and put the phone to his ear, his good mood disappearing fast and being replaced with dread.

“Hello?”

“KIBUM!” Sekyung yelled on the other line and he flinched, keeping the phone at a distance from his ear. “WHERE ARE YOU?! I NEED TO SEE YOU ASAP!”

Kibum looked at Jonghyun confusedly, searching for a sign that could have caused the phone call but finding none. He bit his lip and frowned, as he couldn’t figure out if Sekyung was shouting out of joy or horror.

 

 

 

A/N: So I told you this was going to be better :) It is in need of some editing though haha

And I want to thank all of you for saying all those things and cheering me on!!! I have had people unsubscribe before, but it just made me sad to think that that person didn't think I was telling a story. Anyway, that's in the past and I will continue giving my best!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! <3<3<3

Bye~! :D