Happiness

A Different Beginning

“So what do you say, Hyung?”

Kibum frowned and glanced up at Taemin, who smiled widely at him, while trying to concentrate on making a nice cup of vanilla latte to take away for the only other customer in the café at the moment.

“Uh…” He bent lower over the cup and Taemin sighed.

“You didn’t listen at all, did you?” He said, the pout evident in his voice.

Kibum bit his lip and shrugged. It was true. He hadn’t listened at all, his mind so full of Jonghyun and all the good things happening he could only concentrate on one thing at a time except for his thoughts.

“Come on Taemin!” Minho said in a muffled voice as he was searching for the pen he had dropped under the counter. “We have work to do! Let’s discuss this later!”

The boy sighed and mumbled something unintelligible before taking the cup he had put on the counter while talking to the other two and walking to his now regular table in the corner by the windows. Minho crawled out from under the counter and brushed his knees, scowling at the space he had just occupied while Kibum handed the customer their order.

“Why is it that every time I drop a pen it disappears into another dimension, never to be seen again?” Minho asked sullenly when the customer had left.

Kibum bit back a laugh and patted the taller on the arm, feigning sympathy. Minho frowned at him.

“It must be hard to be you.” Kibum chuckled and earned a grimace from the other.

He felt a little amazed at himself for being able to joke around. He hadn’t done that in so long and now that he actually had the energy to joke he felt… almost relieved.

“But I really liked that pen.” Minho sighed. “It fit my personality well.”

“Oh, I’m sure that if you put out your profile at the ‘perfect pens for you’ site you’ll find the perfect fit.” An amused voice suddenly said and the two looked up, slightly surprised since they hadn’t heard the bell, to find a smirking Jonghyun watching them. “You need to learn how to let go. You deserve better, you know?”

Kibum started laughing, although his heart was ready to explode from joy at seeing the other there and he almost choked on it, and Minho crossed his arms, glaring at his best friend.

“Yeah, I do.” He muttered. “I deserve better in the friend department. What are you doing here, Hyung?”

Jonghyun beamed and pointed at Kibum proudly. The latter felt his face heat up and he looked to the floor with a silly grin on his lips, all bubbly and tingly inside.

Oh god.

“Hyung, you’re here!” Taemin called from his seat and waved. Jonghyun waved back cheerily.

“Taemin!” Minho hissed. “You can’t shout in the café!”

The boy blinked at him before looking around the room.

“But… there’s no one else here?” He said questioningly. “And aren’t you closing soon?”

Kibum and Jonghyun glanced at each other, amused, while Minho got his scowl back.

“That’s beside the point.”

“Let him be Taemin, his pen just ran out on him.” Jonghyun snickered.

Minho glared at him before he scoffed and his heel, muttering something about refilling the supplies for the next day. The other three watched his back as it disappeared behind the doors to the kitchen. Then a chiming sound made them turn back around in surprise.

“It’s for me.” Taemin said and pulled out his phone, turning away.

Jonghyun and Kibum looked at each other again, sheepish smiles forming on both their faces. Kibum felt his chest swell with emotion.

Jonghyun.

“Hey.” Jonghyun murmured.

“Hey.” Kibum answered, his limbs starting to feel jittery once more. “How was the meeting?”

“Boring.” Jonghyun grimaced and Kibum chuckled. “All I could think about was getting out of there and be here with you.”

Kibum blushed again and it was Jonghyun's turn to chuckle, taking the others hand in his, interlacing their fingers. Kibum thought he was going to fall to the floor what with his suddenly extremely jelly legs. Yes, he had been quite bold the night before but now he was feeling strangely shy. It probably was because he was set on taking his chance then, afraid that it might be his last. He just couldn’t fully believe he had Jonghyun back and somewhere deep down he was still a little scared.

“Uhm…” Kibum mumbled and started moving towards the coffee machine, not wanting to think unnecessary thoughts. “Do you want anything?”

Jonghyun used their linked hands to pull him back.

“Yes, I do.”

He grabbed Kibum's chin and leaned halfway over the counter, pulling Kibum over the other half to press their lips together. Kibum thought he would never get used to the feeling Jonghyun gave him each and every time their lips, fingers, eyes, even clothes connected. He felt like bouncing around the café, squealing in joy, which he probably would have if he wasn’t currently captured by Jonghyun's lips. He felt so warm, so loved. And it didn’t matter that Jonghyun was different because he loved him just as much as if it had been a year ago. Kibum couldn’t help but smile as he cupped Jonghyun's face, returning the kiss most willingly.

Could you be too much in love?

“G-guys?” A small, timid voice piped up and they pulled apart, blinking at each other. “I’m still here.”

Kibum and Jonghyun looked at Taemin who was staring out the window, his body seemingly stiff and his face beet red. Then they turned back to each other again with incredulous expressions. There was a beat of silence before both of them burst out laughing while Taemin's eyes narrowed slightly and he turned around to pout at them, his cheeks reddening even more.

“Seriously!” He complained. “What are you two doing? When did this happen?”

“Well… Uh…” Kibum blushed as well while Jonghyun continued to laugh clutching his stomach.

He was about to try and explain when Minho returned with his arms full of coffee beans and teabags, stopping right by his side and looking questioningly at Jonghyun who was wheezing with laughter.

“What’s wrong with you?” The taller asked as Kibum helped him by taking half the stuff he was carrying and putting it on the counter.

“Hyung!” Taemin shouted and pointed at Kibum and Jonghyun. “Did you know?!”

Minho looked at him disbelievingly. Then he just shook his head and proceeded to put the supplies where they belonged. Taemin stared at him with his mouth slightly open before he looked between Kibum and Jonghyun like he couldn’t believe his eyes. Kibum glanced at Jonghyun, worried they might have broken the boy’s brain, and Jonghyun shrugged.

“Uh, Taemin?” Kibum asked nervously. “Are you okay… with this?”

Taemin blinked at him before he shook his head like he wanted to get rid of something and broke into a huge grin.

“Yes!” He said cheerily. “That means you’ll spend a lot of time at Jonghyun-Hyung’s place, right?”

“I-I…” Kibum stammered and blushed, feeling a little flustered. Jonghyun smirked at him.

No dirty thoughts!

“And that means we can see each other more often!” The boy continued happily, ignoring him.

“Yeah,” Minho scoffed although he was smiling slightly, “like you never see each other. You come here almost every day.”

Taemin stuck out his tongue at him and his phone chimed again, demanding the boy’s attention. Kibum started putting the things he had dropped on the counter where they belonged, in an attempt to hide his flustered face, but was interrupted by Jonghyun's hand grabbing one of his. Kibum managed to raise his eyebrows at him although he was blushing madly and Jonghyun grinned, shrugging innocently.

“Jinki-Hyung’s coming.” Taemin announced, still concentrating on his phone. “Have you decided yet?”

Kibum looked to Minho, who was polishing the coffee machine now, for an explanation and he rolled his eyes.

“Taemin wants another movie night since you missed the last one.” He shrugged. “He’s been going on about it ever since.”

Kibum smiled and turned to the boy who was now typing a message. He was feeling slightly guilty for having avoided him and he actually missed hanging out with Taemin. He hadn’t really gotten the chance to be with him the way he had been before in the mansion. However, he couldn’t really expect that to happen either even if a small part of him would always wish everyone to remember. He was happy with what he had. He couldn’t ask for everything.

“Sure, I’m in.” He called and Taemin looked up at him to give him a big sunshine smile.

“Yeah, we’re free tomorrow anyway.” Minho grinned and gestured between him and Kibum.

Kibum got a small tingling feeling and turned to see Jonghyun smile tenderly at him. He returned it with a shy pull of his mouth.

“Then we’ll go to my place when you finish up here.” Jonghyun said squeezing Kibum's still captured hand.

Minho shot him a fake glare. “Well, that will be next year, apparently, if you don’t let go of Kibum's hand. I can’t do everything alone!”

Jonghyun laughed and put his hands up in defense. “Happy now?”

“Very.” Minho smiled at him as the other retreated to sit with Taemin. Then he turned to Kibum. “Let’s get everything finished before Hyung comes.”

Kibum nodded and they continued their closing procedures. Jinki joined them in the café after a few moments and Kibum and Minho hurried up even more.

There was a lot of joking, most on Minho's expense, and laughter and Kibum had never felt so free of worries as he did in that moment. And even though they were different, he had his friends back, his lover (Kibum wanted to giggle just being able to think that word) and he was not ever letting them go again.

Kibum wanted to freeze that moment forever in his mind and keep the feeling. It felt so fleeting, like he would loose it if he didn’t capture it the right way and store it away in a precious place.

This could be the beginning to happiness.

 

 

A/N: This chapter was so hard for me to write... I don't even know... I felt like nothing was happening and then I got stuck in the middle TT_TT

Anyway, I hope it is somewhat satisfactory but if it seems a bit strange it is because I wrote half of it during a boring lecture >_<

And I have a question... Do you want Jonghyun to remeber or do you want him to blissfully live in peace? Haha, I mean I already set my mind for what will happen but I'm just wondering what you guys think xD Although I think I know already ;P

LOVE!!!<3

Buh-bye~! ^_^