Irresponsible part 3

A Different Beginning

Kibum watched Sekyung as she let her hands travel over Taemin’s wound, a white-bluish shine appearing beneath them and seeping into the boy’s body. The open gap in his torso started closing up slowly, veins were reconnected, muscles were sown back together by an invisible thread and skin tissue stretched over the places that were fully healed, concealing it in the body again. It was a slow process, but if it got Taemin’s body healed it could take all the time in the world for Kibum.

Sekyung had checked up on him before starting the healing, noting that in his rage he had managed to heal himself before she hurried back to Taemin, refusing to speak to him if she could avoid it, still fuming over his idiocy. He didn’t blame her. If he weren’t so worried about Taemin he would probably be screaming at himself by now.

He slid closer to the two of them after a while, only hesitating momentarily as Sekyung sent him a glare before taking a spot on the opposite side of Taemin, his hair gently and continuing to watch the process. The boy was still unconscious and new tears welled up in Kibum’s eyes as he let his hand go down to caress Taemin’s cheek.

“I’m sorry.” He choked out, to both him and Sekyung. “I’m so, so sorry.”

She looked at him for a moment, her gaze softening slightly.

“I really can’t believe your stupidity sometimes Kibum.” She said in a low voice, pulling her hands back, finally done, and fixing Taemin’s shirt. “It’s a good thing we got here in time. If Taemin was any more far gone nothing would have saved him.”

Kibum let out a small sob.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled again. “I didn’t mean to-”

“Kibum, I told you my powers aren’t full back to what they used to be.” Sekyung sighed. “I can’t know what happens exactly until it has happened, which means I have no idea of where to go or what to do until it’s almost too late.”

Kibum dragged the back of his hand over his eyes as tears rolled down his cheek, feeling the guilt burn in his chest. Sekyung reached over Taemin to brush away the tears he had missed and he looked at her slightly shocked. She gave him a small smile but was still looking a little upset with him. Then she stood up, touching a hand to Taemin’s chest and bringing him into the air with her.

“Where are you taking him?” Kibum asked immediately.

“I don’t dare to use magic on him to get back to Jonghyun’s apartment and I don’t want to move him more than necessary.” She explained as she moved towards the door. “This is the house Jonghyun grew up in, his room is just two doors down.”

Kibum nodded and stood up as well, sniffling quietly while he followed her. They moved down a large hallway, creamy white walls surrounding them while they walked on a dark, wooden floor to the end of the corridor, entering the door to the right. Taemin was laid down on a king sized bed in an almost empty room save for a desk, a chair and the bed. Kibum carefully pulled the covers over the boy, tucking him in, before sitting down on the edge of the mattress. Sekyung also sat down in a chair she had pulled over and they watched Taemin breathe in silence.

Kibum was fighting the increasing urge to scream, feeling so terribly guilty and unworthy that he just wanted earth to open and hell to swallow him.

When did he become this irresponsible?!

At that moment he hated himself. He had been warned, he had seen the damage Jonghyun’s parents could do with his own eyes, and yet he chose to completely overlook that fact and do something as stupid as exit the zone of safety unprepared right after the danger became the most imminent. He had almost killed one of the people he loved.

Where was his special powers when he needed them?

Kibum was crying again now and Sekyung watched him silently, not offering any consolation. He knew he probably didn’t deserve it anyway.

“Sekyung,” he sniffled and looked up at her, “why couldn’t I use my magic properly?”

Her eyes turned sad and had a glint of guilt.

“Because Jonghyun and I never taught you how to use it,” She said softly, “which I should have done the moment I found you.”

He bit his lip to keep a sob from escaping. “Will you?”

She smiled slightly and nodded. “We can’t keep you in the dark.”

Just then Jonghyun reappeared beside her and she turned her head, eyes narrowing as she watched him go straight to Kibum and pull him into a hug, kissing him gently but desperately and passionately. Kibum blushed at the sudden action and forgot all about everything except the man holding him.

“You.” She said, her tone dangerously calm when Jonghyun let go of him and turned to her, putting on an unreadable face. Kibum sank down onto the bed again, his legs feeling like jelly with the passion Jonghyun had kissed him. “Where do I even begin with you?”

Jonghyun just held up one of his hands. “I’ve done it and I do not regret it. They are all currently sleeping in our summerhouse and when they wake up they’ll not remember that they once were the owners of one of the countries biggest corporations.”

Jonghyun!” Sekyung said angrily and stood up.

“It’s already out in the papers that I am now the sole owner of our companies and I will just tell the media that my parents were in an accident which made them unable to continue running everything and that my grand parents’ recently diagnosed Alzheimer’s got worse.” He cut her off, giving her a hard look as he took a step forward. “It will work perfectly if you also would keep your mouth shut about it, Sekyung.”

She looked murderous. “And the society of supernatural powers? What about them, Jonghyun?”

“The SSP do not know the existence of Kibum’s, yours or my powers.” Jonghyun said tiredly, rubbing his temples. “And I would like it to be that way while we teach Kibum how to control what he has.”

“Jonghyun, I don’t think-”

“I don’t care what you think!” Jonghyun suddenly yelled. “We’re free now! So would you please shut up about it?!”

She closed , looking like she was letting it go against her better judgment. But then her eyes widened slightly and Kibum was immediately out of his seat and by Jonghyun’s side, pulling him into a hug as tears rolled down his face.

“Jonghyun.” He murmured.

“Do y-you think I like… w-what I did?” He said hoarsely against Kibum’s shoulder, while grabbing the sides of his shirt. “T-that while going… through t-their memories and feelings… I realized that they n-never… never even held an o-ounce of love towards me?”

Sekyung’s expression froze slightly before it turned pained and Kibum could feel his heart ache for Jonghyun.

“I… Jonghyun…” She whispered.

“I-it’s better… this way…” Jonghyun breathed before sniffling. He pulled out of Kibum’s embrace to grab his hand and give him a smile through his tears. “We’re free and now I am going to do everything I can to keep Kibum by my side the way I should have done the first time.”

Kibum blushed, wishing Jonghyun wouldn’t say that in front of other people but his chest was filling with happiness as well. It would be alright, he suddenly realized as he watched Jonghyun’s face. They were free, they didn’t have anything hanging over them anymore. Taemin would wake up, Sekyung didn’t have to keep taking care of him, Jonghyun didn’t have to worry about his family anymore and all the others were safe.

He met Jonghyun’s warm eyes again.

“Nothing is stopping me now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was going to post this yesterday but kind of forgot since I got stuck watching how to train your dragon >_< It's like the best movie ever! I have watched it so many times I know every single line -.-' haha

I know it's short, but considering all these three parts was one chapter before I can't do much about it... it was better to split it this way, no?

Anyway, I hope you liked it! As usual I have not proofread properly xP

Love you!

Bye~!<3