32

Just A Facade

 

The group walked out of the school around seven in the evening, Chanyeol was messing around with Baekhyun as they trudged towards the gate, behind them Luhan was walking with Hyorin and Jaekyung.

“What happened?” Lay asked as he walked beside Yilin.

“Shenme?”

“You and Tao, did you fight? You never spoke to each other.”

Yilin shrugged, then she glanced back.

“Ge, I-”

There was a low chuckle from behind her, then Lay tugged her back.

“I see you have three ladies now with you.” Soohyun smiled, Beast and his other friends were behind him.

“What do you want?” Kris stepped towards them. Slowly, Yilin was pushed to the back with Jaekyung and Hyorin.

“Mei, don’t move.” Luhan whispered before moving forward. Jaekyung’s eyes widened as he recognized the guys in front of them.

“We just came by to see…what’s new.” Doojoon smiled.

“You.” Kris almost hissed.

“I must say, your sister’s one tough chick, Wu.” He cackled. Kris’s fists curled. Then Hyunseung and Kikwang stepped forward. 

Tao smirked as he and Sehun moved towards their hyung, each of them taking one side.

“Wow, the height difference.” Yilin mused. Chen rubbed his temples and glanced at Yilin.

“Excuse me?” Doojoon looked up.

“Na.” Jaekyung squeezed her hand.

“If you’re done boasting or whatever is it that you’re doing, can we go now?” She asked.

“Wu Yilin.” Xiumin glanced at her.

“I mean, if you want to fight, then fight. It gets repetitive and quite, boring.”

“Your wounds must have not healed properly then.” Eli smirked at her.

“Mei, stay out of this.” Kris glanced at his sister. Nayoung met eyes with her sibling, then she raised her palms up and stepped back.

“Your sister is the weak point.” Doojoon smiled. Kris smiled back at him and gave him a clean punch in the gut.

“That’s for hurting her.” Kris seethed, then Doojoon felt himself plummeting towards the ground as Tao’s shoe met with his cheek.

The guys behind him stepped forward.

But Soohyun raised one palm up.

“Not tonight, we can have them next time anyway.” He smirked, then they started to step backward.

“You’ll regret this.” Doojoon spat.

 

“Bye unnies!” Nayoung smiled as the two walked towards the bus.

“Are you guys still not going home?” Jaekyung glanced at her. Yilin looked at Suho.

“….Maybe? I don’t know, unnie. Bye!” She just smiled, as Suho waved at them.

Jaekyung nodded, then she felt a pair of eyes looking at her.

Luhan

Luhan gave her a slight nod before turning towards his friends.

 

“You and your mouth.” Suho shook his head at Nayoung.

“What?”

“You were trying to get into Doojoon’s nerves by insulting them.” Kai said.

Yilin puffed her cheeks.

“Not really, anyway, oppa,” Yilin wrapped one arm around Suho’s.

“Yes?”

“How’s it going?” She whispered. Suho smiled.

“You mean Lulu?”

She nodded. Kai rolled his eyes and followed the two.

“They’re making progress, if only…I have a feeling that there’s something missing.” Suho said. Yilin glanced back at her cousin briefly.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“They broke up because…you know that already, Jaekyung cheated on him, Luhan saw her kissing this other guy. But then, she didn’t even try to explain herself.”

Kai nodded beside them.

“….So, she just left?”

Suho nodded. Yilin’s brows furrowed.

 

 

“That was a year ago, Chen was badly injured that time.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++