24

Just A Facade

 

So, he’s using mei’s anger to get revenge?” Lay blinked.

“We all know how she is. Once she sets her mind on something, she’ll do it. However, this might be dangerous.” Suho said, they were walking towards the gymnasium.

“But, what do you mean by Luhan hyung using mei’s anger to get revenge?” Chanyeol blinked.

“From what Xiumin hyung said, one of them looked down on her. Then she asked him-”

“A male?” Baekhyun blinked. Kris remained quiet. Somehow he knew, his sister would be safe, but he was worrying for her opponent, because Tao had not been talking ever since Xiumin’s phone call earlier.

“It’s going to be the end for him then.” Kai grinned and glanced at Tao.

 

“Why are you not stopping her?” Jaekyung asked as she glanced at Nayoung.

“You think I can?” Luhan said. Jaekyung looked away, he was standing too close to her and it made her uncomfortable.

“Did…..they hurt you?”

“I asked you to stop helping me with Saemi and Sekyung, Luhan. It would only make things worse.”

Luhan sighed and faced her.

“I…don’t like seeing….them bully people.”

I don’t like seeing you being bullied.

“I can take care of myself.” Jaekyung sighed.

Luhan remained quiet.

“I know, you don’t like seeing people being maltreated but Luhan-”

“Look, Yilin was there, I had to step forward. What if she gets hurts again? And then you can’t even defy Saemi. What would happen?” Luhan snapped. Jaekyung looked away, students were looking at them.

“You…made the mistake of befriending my cousin, so deal with it.”

 

“At least they’re talking, right?” Chen mused, they could see Luhan and Jaekyung across them.

“I don’t like that guy.” DO made a face at the male in front of Nayoung.

“They’re starting bets too.” Lay smiled as he saw some students pass around money.

“What is Luhan ge thinking?” Tao murmured.

 

Nayoung looked up.

“Don’t go easy on me.” She said.

“Just because you have Exo’s backing, doesn’t mean I’ll respect you.”

She chuckled.

“I don’t even know why you ended up hanging out with the school’s .”

“And what do you call yourself? The lousy bully?” She mused, around them students were watching with giddy eyes. Nayoung glanced up and saw her Exo brothers amongst the crowd.

“You’re just a new student, you even dare to challenge your sunbae?” He chuckled.

“Instead of talking, why don’t we try to do what we’re supposed to do, ?”

That did it, the man charged towards her, Yilin skillfully blocked his hits, then with a swift kick on his chest, the man staggered back.

“I don’t like it when people gang up on a person. It’s disgusting.” She mused. The guy chuckled.

“Don’t think that just because Exo’s here, I wont hurt you, kid.”

She smiled.

“Amusing.”

The guy grinned, then he picked up one of the wooden chairs, before Yilin could dodge someone pulled her back then her opponent landed on the floor with a loud thud.

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened as she saw Tao leap from the bleachers and he pulled Yilin back and kicked the other student’s legs. She watched as the male fell flat on the floor. She glanced up and saw Luhan smile.

She shook her head.

“You don’t touch her.” She heard Tao hiss at the male.

Then Jaekyung felt someone tapping her back, she turned then she felt ice-cold water hit her on the face.

Luhan turned back and saw someone running away from the crowd. Quickly, he took off his coat and handed it to Jakeyung, then he went after the man.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++