23

Just A Facade

 

Students started to pile out from the room, Xiumin and Kris were chatting as they walked towards the door.

Jaekyung glanced up as she heard Luhan stand.

“Luhan.” She called.

Luhan stopped and turned to her.

“Don’t…try to help me with Saemi and Sekyung.”

Luhan sighed.

“You like being stepped on that much?”

“No, it’s just-”

Luhan shook his head at her.

“Yilin said you’re a good friend to her, I don’t like her getting hurt because you’re being bullied.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol eyed the other table dubiously; he had his arms crossed and his lips jutting in distaste. Baekhyun and DO watched in amusement as Kris kept on glancing at the other table. Yilin was having lunch with someone. They couldn’t see the male’s student’s face, but he was a male. And they didn’t like that. Lay grinned at the older male.

“Ge, I’m sure she’ll be okay.” Lay nodded.

“I don’t like him. He took baby girl away from us.” Chanyeol mumbled as he started eating. Suho and Chen joined them.

“I see Na’s making new friends.” Suho smiled.

“Do you know that guy?” DO asked Chen while trying get his sandwich from Chanyeol.

“No, I cant see his face.”

They looked up as Tao, Sehun and Kai stepped in the room.

 

“Really? So you had to learn two languages while growing up?”

“Three. English too, but how come I don’t see you around campus that often?” Yilin asked as she chewed on her sandwich.

“I usually have afternoon classes. I don’t like staying in school.” Myungsoo replied.

“You don’t have any clubs or something?”

“I do, student council.”

“But you’re lazy.” She chuckled.

“I know, so any clubs?”

“I recently joined the swim team-”

“So, are you joining us for lunch?” Kai planted his palm on the other table and slightly leaned down. Yilin puffed her cheeks.

“We’re waiting.” Sehun said flatly.

“Don’t bother her, come on. Mei, eat well.” Tao smiled, then he began to drag the two with him. Kai’s brows furrowed as he glanced at Myungsoo again.

 

Luhan and Xiumin walked towards the school’s gymnasium.

“Don’t they have a game this week?” Xiumin asked.

“I don’t know, but Sehun did mention something.” Luhan replied. Then Xiumin stopped walking, he was looking at something.

“Is something-” Luhan followed his gaze, then his brows furrowed.

Just by the gym’s doors was Jaekyung and she was being cornered by a group of students.

“Luhan,” Xiumin glanced at him.

“What?” He grumbled.

Then one of the students started to raise his palm, Luhan ran towards the doors. Xiumin smiled.

 

Jaekyung winced as her back hit the wall.

“You even have the guts to ask Luhan to help you? That’s funny.” One of the girls scoffed.

“I did not ask for his help.” Jaekyung replied.

“Stop lying, . Everyone knows-”

“What does everyone know? You ganging up on someone?” A feminine voice joined them. Yilin arched one brow at the girl.

“Wu Yilin, don’t get so cocky. You’re not supposed to take her side.” Saemi glared at her.

She smirked.

“I don’t get it, why do you hate her so much? Is it because she dated Luhan and my cousin doesn’t even blink at you?”

Saemi glared at her.

“Or rather you like someone else?” Yilin smiled.

“I don’t like you, you’re arrogant, you don’t even know what Jaekyung did to your cousin!”

“Should I know?” Yilin faced Saemi and the others.

“She-”

Luhan appeared behind his cousin, the students recoiled and stepped back.

“Mei.” He said.

“Ge, I think she’s really into you. She tends to be violent too.” Yilin stabbed one finger at Saemi’s direction. Xiumin walked to them.

“Xiumin oppa! You’re back!” Sekyung smiled.

“Wee.” Yilin smiled wanly. Luhan glanced at Jaekyung quickly.

“Unnie, are you okay? Did they hurt you? Tell me, it’s been a while since I practiced my wushu.” Yilin walked to Jaekyung.

“As if you can fight.” Someone scoffed. Yilin turned back, her eyes landing on the male student.

“Mei, please don’t-” Xiumin got cut off as Luhan smiled.

Xiumin winced.

Luhan was angry, seeing Jaekyung being bullied and picked on, he didn’t like it.  And here comes Yilin, she never liked it when people look down on her.

“Luhan, don’t try to tempt her.” He murmured.

“Let’s put her anger to good use.” Luhan smirked at the other male. Jaekyung swallowed.

“Nayoung-ah, don’t-” Jaekyung took her hand, but Yilin stepped forward. Luhan pulled Jaekyung back.

 

“You and me, in the gym. Now.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++